Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Don't see a way to add a second calendar

The UI hints it might be possible to add a second or other calendars (e.g. to add a personal calendar overlaid on the Exchange work calendar), but there is no "add calendar" control or similar. Understood if this is a potential future feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Store attachments at top of message

When I get attachments in really long messages, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get them. Can we have them somewhere at the top? Or make them a part of the header so that they move as the user scrolls down?

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Thanks for the feedback. We have moved back and forth on this one. We need to make few more improvements in how we are displaying attachments. And then we can move this up – mayukh

3. Images on mail body

I will be really nice if we can place attached images on mail body.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Often included blocks message draft

While I find that "often included" box helpful, there isn't a way to remove it when I don't want to add other people to the message I'm creating. This causes my draft message to be blocked by the box.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ICS calendar attachments expanded but not copyable to calendar

ICS Internet calendar attachments are expanded (viewable) in the reading pane but you can't copy them into your calendar as calendar items. Exchange limitation? Workaround would be appreciated, rather than manual copy-paste.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stewart,Ideally you should see a QuickRSVP section in message read screen to be able to respond to calendar invite directly. If you are not seeing that then please let us know.Thanks,Ashish

6. Scrolling broken generally in Firefox on Mac

Scrollbar does not appear in Firefox in calendar and email views, but Safari shows it ok. This generalizes my earlier report of scrolling not appearing in the timeline view of the calendar.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Search is AWESOME

Surfacing attachments, consolidating contact info, so cool! Amazing and I'm sure everyone will start copying us immediately.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. search not working

Search within yahoo mail is not working for my personal email id. Search results only bring up mails since this January. I have submitted a ticket as well: http://bug.corp.yahoo.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6781382
    Who should I contact? I'm sure if this is happening to me, it must be happening to a lot of other people out there as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Note: this issue was fixed; please re-open the issue if it persists. We are constantly updating and fixing index-related issues, so do let us know if you see any odd behavior, especially with corporate mail, which is on a new search system. – jacobson@yahoo-inc.com

9. Safari - Mac OS Notifications

Safari already provides Notifications, this could be a nice feature in order to get an alert every time a new email arrives or when a meeting is coming soon.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good feedback. Our interns are working on desktop notifications and we can certainly look into incorporating this into the project.

10. keyboard shortcut for search doesn't work in messages

Keyboard shortcut "s" for searching in mail doesn't seem to work when you're in a message, but works fine in the inbox or other folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. problem adding recipients in to: field

When I start typing the name of a recipient, I press "enter" once the name appears at the top of the suggestion list. However, if my mouse is hovering anywhere on this suggestion list, when I press "enter" the name added to the recipient list is the one my mouse hovered over, not the first name suggested, so I end up adding the wrong email address. Can we fix this?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve reached out to you directly to help reproduce this issue, as I’m not seeing it on my own account. If anyone else has this issue please let me know which browser you’re using. Thanks – jacobson@yahoo-inc.com. Update: this issue is now solved. Thanks!

12. Search is useless

One of my colleagues sent a very specific term a short while ago. As the UI is so slow I thought it would be a good use of the search feature. I would have thought this would have put it at the top of the result list as it was so specific - 'LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE' - but it didn't :( Instead it listed all the mails in the thread - all with the same heading and I have no idea which to look in.
    Can you please make searches group conversion threads in results so each conversation only…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Andy, We are working on a new metadata store that will enable us to thread search results. We are also investing heavily in search so you should see the quality of results and user experience improve tremendously in the coming months.

13. please auto refresh inbox

I use only web mail, one thing I find annoying is that inbox does not auto refresh. E.g., When new emails come, new email count refreshes (displays 3 unread mail on inbox tab). But inbox is still empty. I have to either click on inbox tab, or refresh page to make new emails show up in my inbox.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of Dakar, we’ve made a lot of improvements in our check mail flow. We are not checking for mail every 30 seconds so the experience is better. That said, since we are syncing mails from Exchange, there is still some delay in showing messages in the Yahoo inbox.

14. Search auto-fill not working

When I use the search box to look up emails from a specific Yahoo, the emails/names/photos populate but once I select them, nothing appears in the search box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Basic in-window image viewing

I have to download images to view them. It would be nice if they were either shown as thumbnails or if I could get a preview for them sort of like I would get for a PDF.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

David, You can click on “show images” at the top of the message card to see slideshow and previews without downloading.

16. Search options..

What happened to the search options which allowed filtering of search results? That was a great feature...

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anil, We saw low usage of that feature and so discontinued it in the new mail metadata and search platform. Wit the new platform, we expect the mail search experience to improve with better search suggestions and relevance. Feel free to poll me at cprithvi@yahoo-inc.com . Thank, Prithvi.

17. Filters...

Love the update! Quick question: I don't see the 'Filters' option in Settings anymore. Is there another way to set mail rules/filters?

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Abhi, We don’t support Filters in Yahoo Mail for Exchange (YME) because the filters are on Exchange side.

18. New Layout on sidebar is awesome

Hi Guys, just taking a minute to say that the new layout I have today http://screencast.com/t/v1X7bkmqBX it's much much better. Being able to see the folder without any click it's very nice. Thanks!

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Glad to know you are enjoying it. We are working on tweaking the experience a little bit so stay tuned for more.

19. Unable to display New Yahoo Corp Logo (for email signatures)

I noticed that YME can't incorporate the new logo into our signature file.
    Web links do appear with an icon below, but our new Yahoo corporate logo can't be displayed.
    The only available format for YME is Rich Text format.

Can we add this functionality? This relates to our branding efforts.
    Thanks.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Cannot open calendar in new tab

I like to be able to look at my calendar without losing my place in my email, so in other mail solutions I usually keep my calendar open in a separate tab/window. In Yahoo Mail I cannot open the calendar link in a new tab, it just opens another mail tab.

Similarly, if I open the calendar, and then the page refreshes for whatever reason, it navigates away from the calendar, which is frustrating.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jimb,If you would like to keep Calendar opened in a separate browser tab then you can directly access calendar by going to calendar.yahoo.com url. Hope this works for you.Thanks,Ashish

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base