Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Paste Print Screen directly

Is there a way to paste "print screen" to the mail body directly? It's quite handy and would be a lot more steps to save the file as image and then attach it. Thanks.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My issue with ads

When I have my email window open, ads keep changing and flashing which distracts me from what I was doing at the time. This is very annoying if I want to have email open to see if there are new emails (as we have no outlook type notifications).
    If I do not interact with email client, ads should not be changing and flashing.
    On other hand, shouldn't we be monetizing on using email data to present relevant ads elsewhere? Maybe that would be better user experience.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Ads should rotate when you are taking an action generating more page views. There are some gray areas though. The monetization team is working on the relevance part. Very valid point and everyone in the Mail team is aware of it and trying to make it better. – mayukh

3. Mail archiving

One feature that's keeping me from using Yahoo Mail as my main interface is the lack of message archiving. Thunderbird-style "a" archiving is enough to get my daily work done, but gmail-style archiving would suit my use-case better. Yahoo Mail's message search is quite good, but it's only as good as the mail archive it has to work with.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Yo,Very timely. We are in fact evaluating archive. I would like to reach out to you and understand your needs and wants. I will setup something. Thanks – Mayukh

4. Undo

Is there an undo feature? I can't find it if there is. If it's not implemented yet, I think this should be a high priority. Thanks!

Examples for undo: Delete, Move, Edit (calendar or contact item, note).

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I am on the same boat. You would be happy to learn that we are launching undo for delete, move and spam soon. Dev work almost complete. The other usecases also sound interesting. We will evaluate and make things happen gradually. Cheers – mayukh

5. An icon to delete a draft email

I have 25 emails named "No Subject" in Drafts. But when I open each, there is no option (or trash icon in the bottom options) to delete the draft. Since its very common that a draft is either sent or deleted (> probability) after a while, I would suggest to include an icon.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Actually to add on, if it is a thread in a conversation, the x on top right discards the draft. But if it is the only message, it does not. There is definitely some inconsistency here. I am going to investigate and update.Good feedback! -mayukh

6. Can I turn off "non-standard web address format alert"

"Warning! It appears that you are about to access a website that has non-standard web address format. Such sites may contain harmful entities such as viruses. We recommend you use extreme caution."

I get this all the time from any links that are non-port 80. I'm a developer, I mainly work in 9999 and 4080.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Idan, Best option for this, if your unread emails are across folders, is to use search. You can either search for is:unread or you can use the Advanced search and choose Type: Unread (which will just populate the search bar with is:unread for you).Thanks,Kevin

7. no way to view all unread messages in my box

I have unread messages not only in my inbox but also in various folders. In exchange, the 'unread' folder provides a view of all unread messages in my mailbox. There is no such option in ymail. The only option I found is to sort the inbox by 'unread'.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Idan, Best option for this, if your unread emails are across folders, is to use search. You can either search for is:unread or you can use the Advanced search and choose Type: Unread (which will just populate the search bar with is:unread for you).Thanks,Kevin

8. Ads in mail Search

I'm all for trying out new ad formats, and don't mind the new "sponsored" result in search. However, please eliminate the right rail ad if you're going to stick new ads in the content. It's very frustrating when all I see is more and more of the pixels being consumed by ads. We need a way to make more $ per ad, not just wallpaper everything in ads.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Dan, This is a bucket they guy sitting behind you is building right now. We’ll test it and see how it does.Thanks,Kevin

9. Easily go to 'today' in calendar

When browsing through different weeks / months in calendar I lose my place on "Today" and need a quick way to go back to today and refocus calendar.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Robby, Above the calendar, you should see a toolbar that says “Today Day Week Month Year”. Just click “Today” and it should return you to the present.Thanks,Kevin

10. Right Preview Pane for Corporate Email

Right preview pane is disabled and makes me inconvenient to see the mail preview. I was using outlook so far and recently opted for Yahoo mail for Corporate. Do not want to use the mail preview on the bottom. Why mail preview pane on the right is disabled on corporate email?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Right preview pane isn’t disabled for corporate users. It’s disabled at smaller screen sizes. If your screen is to narrow to fit all the elements needed for side preview pane, then that option is grayed out.Thanks,Kevin

11. Possible to add Yahoo logo to signature?

I can't figure out how to add a Yahoo logo to my email signature. When I select Rich Text, the text appears fine, but the Yahoo logo doesn't display.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Select item in Mail invbox erratic

I was cleaning out my Inbox, selected All to check all mail items, but I had trouble de-selecting items. I had to hover in different sports in the check box and click several times before the item was de-selected

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tried to Log In to Account

Hello,

I tried to log into my account (yahoo.com) and couldn't get in although I knew my username and password. I had to reset it. Did my account get hacked? I saw under the account access activity that it said a Yahoo partner accessed my account four times. I also noticed that other users were experiencing the same issue. Does anyone read the feedback page? Can you please check and see if my account was hacked?

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Linda, Please send such issues to yo/contactconcierge and they can help you. This forum is only for feedback on current features in Dogfood and is not meant to be used for reporting individual bugs.

14. Possible bug with Sports Team Calendars - cannot disable setting for email notifications

Issue1: can't disable the email notifications for the sports calendars. I can change and save the setting, but it only maintains for that particular browser session. Re-starting the browser or laptop will revert the setting back to sending emails by default

Issue2: Default setting is to send emails when games are starting, which is a poor user experience. Follow 2 MLB teams will send you ~300 emails. Let's not spam our users. Default should be to send nothing and the user can choose to enable

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Henry,Issue1 should be resolved now. Please let us know if you are still facing this issue.Issue2: We have changed the flow to use user’s calendar default reminder to apply on Sports calendar as well upon subscription. If user keeps his reminders off in settings then the same gets applied to Sports calendar as well.Hope this helps. Thanks,Ashish

15. Contacts improvement

Hi guys, Would be possible to add a picture to a contact? Also, why when you import your contacts from Facebook you just import the name and the email? Why not the profile picture, birthday, etc?

Cheers

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Regarding photos, we are planning to allow photo upload and edit for contacts in Q3. Also, recently, we added a feature where your imported Facebook contacts will have photos that appear as well. Due to agreement with Facebook, we can’t import more than name and email address at this time for permanent saving in your Yahoo contacts. To get the most out of Facebook, though, make sure you’ve linked accounts at https://profile.yahoo.com/y/settings/linked-accounts/ – then you’ll see Facebook photos for many of the people you email, regardless of whether or not you’ve stored them in your Yahoo contacts. Hit me with any questions – jacobson@yahooo-inc.com. Thanks again!

16. Outbox

The outbox should be listed by the name of mail receiver (the column at the left hand side of the mail subject), like to previous format of outbox.
    Or, it could be selected by the user whether mails in the outbox should be sorted by sender or receiver.
    However, it is meaningless and time wasting to list all the mails in the outbox are sent by "Me" !!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can't 'move' search results emails to a folder

Hi there,

I was looking to move the emails from a search result to a new folder and it's not possible to drop all the selected emails to the folder, is it a bug?

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, this is a bug. Drag and drop does not work but you should still be able to use the move menu.

18. Deleted items still show in inbox

After deleting multiple items based on a search term, those items still appear in the inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cannot remove Ads

I tried to pay the 49.00 yearly fee to remove ads but it doesn't allow me to pay. Nothing pops up to enter my credit card information.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

For a personal account that is not connected to a partner like AT&T or Verizon you should be able to purchase Ad Free mail. For corp mail accounts, there is no ad free options as these are meant to help us all dogfood the product and most users have ads in their experience, therefore we do as well. If you find a display ad that you think should not be allowed, send a screenshot and the clickthrough URL to displayadcomplaints@yahoo-inc.com and that will help us to clean those up. If the issue is with your personal account, please email me directly. Thanks, Kevin Day

20. Shortcut key for "Close" button

After reading a conversation I always want to go back to the message list. A shortcut key for "close" like 'c' would be so useful

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base