Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. formatting of double quotes

the "None" sent from outlook get converted to _´_None_´_ on the exchange yahoo webmail(browser).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slow / Improve some themes

Hi guys, Yahoo Mail on desktop usually takes long to load the inbox, delete, etc... is there any plan to make it faster? I would also check some themes because they look nice but makes difficult to read the text.

Cheers

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

We had a special track in Dakar called Speedy to do exactly that. We have done lots of improvements on this front already. And we have plans for more. -mayukh

3. Search results display each message 4 times

Whenever I do a search in mail it displays each of my results four times. This makes it almost unusable since the available screen real estate is taken up by only 2 or 3 messages.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to set date range to search email

Cleaning up my mail. I want to search for all messages in 2011 - so I can mass delete. Unable to do this with current product.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Try using Advanced Search available in the search box. It will let you search from email within a specific time range.Kevin

5. Text Ads

Can we move to text ads instead of a single large, flashing, bright display ad on the right? GMail shows like 10-15 text ads per email which is still not as distracting as what we show. This will also allow us to show more ads :) increasing chances of people clicking.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ashish, Thanks for the feedback. We would love to move to a model where we serve just text ads. We have some tests running that you may see where we run several Gemini ads in the right rail. Unfortunately, the revenue generated by these tests is not yet high enough to allow us to remove display completely, but hopefully we’ll be able to get there.ThanksKevin

6. Display Ad - takes up a lot of real estate in Mail

Please move the display ad to the left rail, as there's a lot of dead space below the display ad, and it forces my email inbox to be smaller than needed. If you move to left rail, would get a lot more real estate for my actual inbox.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Currently the left rail is where we keep the function and navigation of mail and one small text ad. The width of the right rail ad depends on your screen size. Most users (60%) have an add that is 160×600. Users with more screen width can end up with either a 300×250 or 300×600.

7. Pasting Links in message

When I *paste* a link into a message, the cursor positions itself to the start of the link.

So if I type a message such as:

Please visit this link for more details: <some link I pasted in>, the cursor will re-position itself to the first position right before the link. It shouldn't do that, as then I can't just continue typing, I have to re-set the cursor back to the position after the link and keep typing.

Maybe this is b/c I disabled the feature that embeds more info about the link?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a regression. We have a bug open and is being worked on as I type. Thanks for the feedback. -mayukh

8. .ics attachments and calendar invites

Received an .ics file as an attachment. The event would expand within the mail body, but would have no way of interacting with the attachment nor the invite.

Had to forward the email again to see a copy of the attachment - when downloaded and opened, the calendar invite goes straight to Mac's native calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Read message still showing as unread

After reading my message, it still shows as unread.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Do you still see this? We specifically fixed this issue. We do have a timer of 3 sec I believe. i.e if you open a message and close it within 3 sec, it wont mark it as read. Let me know. -Mayukh

10. Calendar: integrate with Yahoo Groups calendar

Please provide the ability to add/edit/view calendar items from Yahoo Groups calendar. My team uses Yahoo Groups for a shared calendar. This is an option in regular Yahoo Mail.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fonts and text formatting

Argh! The default font selection is not that great. Plus, if I cut-n-paste from a terminal on OSX, the text properties are retained; but I can't seem to clear them out! Even if I try to change the font, it doesn't work. The end result is unsightly emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug when editing a calendar invite

1. Open a calendar invite
    2. Edit the details
    3. Click "Send"
    Result: nothing happens. Nothing at all. Is the button broken?

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New ads are better

Prefer the new 'stacked' ads much more than the large banner type ads. The stacked ads look better and are more effective, in my opinion.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Abhi,Thanks for your feedback. Those are moneyball ads that we’ve been testing in the right rail and we like them better as well. What’s nice is that we control the UI of the ad and there’s no animation which is great. Unfortunately they don’t yet have the demand or generate the equivalent revenue of display ads, so they will remain filler impressions for now, but we are hoping to increase their usage going forward.Kevin

14. The ads are refreshed too frequently.

The ads are refreshed too frequently. Every time I scroll down the email list, the ads on the right panel are refreshed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rui,Thanks for the feedback. We are actually testing some new rotation timings. Currently we rotate the ad whenever 50% of the content on the page changes as that is considered a new PV. We are testing logic where we leave the ad on the page longer even if the content of the page changes and we’ll see how that performs.Thanks,Kevin

15. Inline images

It's probably been asked before, but: it would be REALLY NICE to not have to download images to see them. Why can't we show them inline?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. corporate contacts

not loading

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the comment – can you be more specific – what’s not loading exactly? What are you trying to do when this happens? Please reply to jacobson@yahoo-inc.com. Update: issue was resolved; slow connection appears to have been the culprit.

17. Drag and drop attachment?

Can't drag and drop files to attach file on Safari. I used to be able to do this, is this a bug?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Preview Pane setting inconsistency

I set my preview pane to be on the right side, and this works fine when viewing Inbox. But when I do a search for emails, the preview pane defaults back to bottom pane. Can we keep this consistent to user's settings?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are experimenting with different search layouts over the next few months; preserving the user’s message read layout is one option we are considering. More to come, thanks! – jacobson@yahoo-inc.com.

19. Automatically tab down from Subject to Compose (Body of Message)

I'd like to see the mail tool move from to: to Subject: to the body of the message with the tab key. Currently, you have to click into the body of the email once you type in the subject.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If its Corp Mail why Advertise?

Is it possible to remove the advertising or have an option to hide? I click hide and it takes me to pay, which i will pay for but then when i click to pay it re-routes back to my inbox? Its more of a distraction than it is a needed fix.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of dogfooding our products we try to keep the experience we have every day as similar to that of our users as possible. Over 95% of our users have ads in our product so the experience for corp users is the same. If you do find a display ad that you think should not be allowed, send a screenshot and the clickthrough URL to displayadcomplaints@yahoo-inc.com and that will help us to clean those up. Thanks, Kevin

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base