Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Search icon on mouseover

When I mouseover some emails in inbox, the magnifying glass is not visible. Not sure if it is a bug.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Thanks for mentioning this. We don’t show the magnifying glass for threads that have multiple senders. But it’s been mentioned a couple times that this seems perhaps like a bug. If you were to tap the magnifying glass in this case what would you expect to see? Please let me know at jacobson@yahoo-inc.com. Thanks!

2. Hyperlinks don't seem to work

When I view the same email within Outlook, the hyperlinks are clickable. But within the Y Corp Mail, it doesn't.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Indeed. And we will have this addressed. Though not entirely there, if the sender used yahoo mail it should be already hyperlinked and even with a neat preview. We need to fix it when the sender is a non-yahoo mail user. -mayukh

3. Insert Photos Inline

It would be great if there were a way to insert photos inline with text instead of attaching them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a very highly requested feature. And it is high on our roadmap. Anytime now. -mayukh

4. Easy Pasting/Editing of spreadsheet data

I'd love a feature that made pasting basic spreadsheet data into an email body easy, even with super limited formatting available - resize, column width adjustment, etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. mail search

can you add a from: and to: search? For example "from John" will restrict the mails to those effectively sent from John.great work! thanks,ge

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Search Filters

The search is great! It'd be even better if I had an option to filter what folder to show results from

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks, working hard to improve it. But you can do this today, 2 ways: 1 via advanced search (inside search box) OR two simply using the “in:” operator, e.g: “in:important” in your search query.

7. Ads! In corporate mail?

Why in the world do I have to see this as a Yahoo employee using corporate mail? I can't even close it.http://d.pr/i/rtrZPlease get this fixed.Andy

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of dogfooding our products we try to keep the experience we have every day as similar to that of our users as possible. Over 95% of our users have ads in our product so the experience for corp users is the same. If you do find a display ad that you think should not be allowed, send a screenshot and the clickthrough URL to displayadcomplaints@yahoo-inc.com and that will help us to clean those up. Thanks, Kevin

8. Address book not accessible without "corp" connection

I've noticed that when I go with my work laptop to mail.yahoo-inc.com from home without connecting to VPN, i can read my emails fine, and send them too. But the address book autocomplete is not working without vpn connections.Also, i'm also noticing that ex employee are showing in the contacts autocomplete.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for mentioning this. For corporate security reasons, we can’t show the new auto-suggest outside of VPN, so that won’t change unfortunately. Regarding the ex-employees, we are considering ways to hide or change the treatment in the UI of these contacts. Hit me up with any further questions, please – jacobson@yahoo-inc.com. Thanks!

9. scheduling/meeting assistance

currently, there does not seem to be a way to access availability on other people's calendars in the network to see when to schedule meetings (as you can do on Outlook).

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Elisa,There is already a way to check availability of employees in Corp Calendar. As soon as you add an invitee to an invite, you should be able see a button to check availability just below that. Let me know if you are still not able to find the same.Thanks,Ashish

10. Xobni auto linking not always awesome

But usually it is. So, sometimes I'll paste a link like http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-addressbook/contacts. The link will then give me a preview of the login page, instead of the mobile contacts page. At the same time, it changes the clickable name of the link to login, which is not a helpful descriptor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. To clarify, I believe that you are referring to the link enhancer, which is not related to Xobni. Many improvements have been made to the enhancr and we are no longer showing the login page in the case you described. Please let mayukhb@yahoo-inc.com know if you have any further issues with that feature. Thanks! – Josh Jacobson

11. Attachments in Invites

Unable to add an attachment to a calendar invite

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. File a bug' bar across the top..

Is there a way to hide this bar, it is directly covering email tabs/headers?

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Undo Send

I quite often use the Undo Send feature of Gmail, which is a configurable delay before an email is actually sent. You can continue to read other messages, write new mail, and otherwise work until the delay is up, at which time the "Undo" notification goes away.This is a lifesaver for typos and wrong distribution lists.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of this use case. We have some ideas for future. One option is to delay the sending so user can go to Outbox and cancel send.

14. Horrific blinking ad

There was an ad with a really bad red blinking border next to my corp mail. I hid it before I noticed what it was for.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Calendar invites to Conference Rooms

If you'd like us to dogfood the calendar app, please add aliases for the conference rooms to the autosuggest addresses for invites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Micheal, Auto-suggest for conference rooms is already supported for location field for corp-calendar. Could you please try that and let us know if that is not working for you? Thanks, Ashish

16. Bouncing icons

I dislike the randomly the bouncing mail/contact/calendar/todo icons.If these need extra emphasis, it may be better to do a Mac OS X dock magnification effect. But a bouncing or magnification effect like this needs to react to something I do, and I have to be able to make it stop by not doing that -- otherwise it looks like a Mac OS X bouncing icon -- which indicates an urgent and severe problem. The existence of mail/contact/calendar/todo/im is appreciated, but is neither urgent nor severe.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. The point of the icons was to get users attention to the change in location of those options. We only show it a few times as part of first use experience and it’s worked out well.

17. Ascii Text format not working properly

We have a cron job to send emails with Ascii Table in the body. The format is messed up when viewed in the browser (but is fine in outlook). Looks like the white space issue. (The # of characters for feedback is too limited)+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+| summary of tracks having threshold discrepancy (issue) |

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please use the feedback widget in Mail and open a bug with a sample email. We will look into it.

18. Saved Searches

Mail should have the ability to do saved searches (similar to Smart Mailboxes in Mail.app). For example, I would like a saved search for all my unread email from the day/last week. Or, for all mail from my manager. Or, for all calendar invites (sometimes they go to mailing lists and they're easy to miss).Exchange rules don't really work for this use case - many of these things belong in other specific folders (per ilist, for example) but need an easy way to be brought to the surface.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback Jacob,While we don’t currently have the ability to save searches explicitly, we do save your recent searches in the autocomplete area. For example if you wanted to find all unread messages you could do a search for is:unread. Then next time you went to the search box just typing “i” would show the Is:unread as an option in the autocomplete. This same thing would work for from:(manager) or has:attachment. Hopefully this helps.Thanks,Kevin

19. Search by contact (sender) in Inbox not working for an already read email

I do see the zoom/search icon on emails in the inbox but then it doesn't show up on an email that is read. This is a bug as it shows up same in IE and FF. Given this i'm not able to list all emails from a contact if the email is read for the contact.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reporting. I think what you might be seeing is that we don’t show the search icon for messages that are grouped as conversations with more than one sender, which is by design. Can you double-check? Please email me if this is still an issue – jacobson@yahoo-inc.com.

20. Ad column does not stay hidden

The graphical ad in the column to the right can be hidden, but it pops back up unexpectedly. Can it be made persistent?

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. The intent of the hide ad button is to remove the ad for one message read to give the user more room to read or compose a single message. If we were to hide it for the entire session we would essentially be creating a free ad free product which wouldn’t allow us to support the costs of Mail.Thanks,Kevin

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base