Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Calendar: availability options

When will we have options to select availability type (busy, tentative, or free) for calendar events?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calendar: All Day events

When creating an "all day" event, instead of having to select Repeat > Daily, I would like the option to just pick the end date.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ad Free Email

https://backyard.yahoo.com/qna/ymail/0214?sid=22103 - I raised this as feedback, i don't know how to replay to the question..

I personal think the Ad free mail could be a perk. I would like the option to "opt in" .

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Thanks for the feedback,As part of dogfooding our products we try to keep the experience we have every day as similar to that of our users as possible. Over 95% of our users have ads in our product so the experience for corp users is the same, so we will not be offering mail plus as a perk for employees at this time. If you do find a display ad that you think should not be allowed, send a screenshot and the clickthrough URL to displayadcomplaints@yahoo-inc.com and that will help us to clean those up. Thanks, Kevin

4. Remove ads for corp mail

Can we remove the ads out of the corp mail?

I guess these ads' click will be filtered by the TP, so it is just a waste to show them and boring to our employee.

20 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of dogfooding our products we try to keep the experience we have every day as similar to that of our users as possible. Over 95% of our users have ads in our product so the experience for corp users is the same. If you do find a display ad that you think should not be allowed, send a screenshot and the clickthrough URL to displayadcomplaints@yahoo-inc.com and that will help us to clean those up. Thanks, Kevin

5. Can't Import Contacts

Hi there,

I've tried to import contacts using VCF and importing from Google. When I use the VCF, it goes through the motions, but says "0 contacts successfully imported from File." When I use the option to import from Google, it says "Error code: 45."

Any suggestions on how to import?

Thanks,

MaryAnn

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reporting this; we have made a number of stability changes since this was reported that would help with the Google import option. The VCF file option is probably still problematic. I sent you an email directly; we can work together to troubleshoot. Thanks! – Jacobson@yahoo-inc.com.

6. Calendar missing for me altogether in Corp Mail

Reported this several weeks ago but I have NO calendar available in Corp Mail so have to use both Corp Mail AND OWA to access my calendar as well as my email!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Suzanne,We had been having some stability issues on the exchange side which may have been causing the issue with your account. A fix for this was pushed couple of days ago. Could you please check your account again and let us know if you are still facing the issue?Thanks,Ashish

7. In UAE, in English - but Contacts alignment is right-left (ie Arabic)

I am in the UAE and using Corp Mail in English but when I go to Contacts, everything aligns right-left i.e. Arabic style

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. need access to multiple calendars

added as feedback before, multiple calendars still cannot be added. I support multiple people, so I need access to view their calendars to create appointments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can't copy the email address from one mail to another

I find myself doing this frequently: copy some email address from one email to another. But it never worked, I have to type them in again and again.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reporting this issue; I’m not able to reproduce the problem so I’ll send you note to work with you to troubleshoot. If anyone else sees this issue please email me at jacobson@yahoo-inc.com. Thanks!

10. Calendar View

Calendar should allow for alternative views, ie 1 Day, 5 Day, Sunday as the first day, Monday - Friday

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Richard,Calendar currently doesn’t support 5-day view but it does support Day and Week view. Also you can change the starting day of your week through “Calendar Options” ( Mail→Calendar Tab → Gear Icon in top right corner → Calendar Options) .Thanks,Ashish

11. Contact pictures

Display a picture of each person next to their email address / name where appropriate, such as:

- Selecting a name from auto-complete
    - Sender in message view

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. You should be able to get contact photos today in auto-suggest when you compose an email. In addition, we’re working on adding more photos in the read view and elsewhere throughout the product; stay tuned. – jacobson@yahoo-inc.com.

12. Auto-add contacts to contact list

I'd like the ability to auto-add contacts to my local contact list. That way, if I'm off the VPN, I can still have lookup capabilities for most of the people I'll be emailing frequently.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the note. I’m not entirely sure of your set-up but you should be able to do this already. Go to the gear menu in the upper right of the screen, choose “Settings”, then choose “Writing email” and make sure “Automatically add new recipients to Contacts” is selected. Let me know if you have further questions – jacobson@yahoo-inc.com.

13. Improve calendar and task management

Please improve the calendar and task management experience. This is a very weak link in Corp Mail and is what keeps sending me back to Outlook
    * Add task management services fit for an enterprise solution (start with Astrid!)
    * Let me reply all from a calendar invite to send my notes/action items.
    * Let me see external calendars like those from Groups or my personal Yahoo calendar. Yahoo Calendar does this for users.
    * Let me set task/to-do priorities
    * Let me set OOO responses in Corp Mail

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. corporate mail is buggy, constantly see "try again", "temporary error", and now "Your message could not be sent."

corporate mail is buggy, constantly see "try again", "temporary error", and now:

Your message could not be sent.
    Sorry, there was a problem accessing your Mailbox. Please try again in 10 minutes. [MailboxOpenFailed.Busy]

It doesn't feel like a stable product...

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Julian, If you see the issue again, please file a bug so we can capture additional data to debug. You can find the link to our Bugzilla in the feedback widget at the bottom left of the page.

15. Ad Free Mail

Can we get the Ad Free email?

34 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to Add Attachments

I need the ability to add an attachment to a calendar appt.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. One-link emails

I send links to articles to friends without additional text on a daily basis. Getting the error message multiple times a day can be really frustrating. I understand that this is an effort to cut down on spam, but is there any way I could somehow get around not having to put in additional text every time for the people I email frequently?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search should go through deleted messages

I continually have to use outlook to search for old messages that I have moved into the trash. I try to have zero messages in my inbox, so I have this issue a lot.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Calendar on personal Yahoo email

When I use my personal Yahoo Email account, the Calendar functionality does not work at all. It looks weird and out of proportion.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Too many reliability problems

I really really want to use YMail for corporate mail, but its just too unreliable in its current state. Often gets into a state where it can no longer send or receive emails until you refresh the page. Messages sometimes take minutes to load or never load at all. Mails sometimes fail to send and don't get saved to drafts so the work is just lost. Calendar invites are sometimes missing controls to accept or reject them. I keep having to fall back to Outlook to be able to do my job.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base