Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Avanced Search: TO query doesn't pick up when there is multiple email addresses

When I used the Advanced Search, entering one email address in the "TO" field. The results doesn't show up emails with the address that I entered + other multiple addresses. Results only show just those that have that particular address. Shouldn't the email search result also include all?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue. I cannot reproduce this problem on corporate mail or personal mail. Do you mind trying again and if it persists, send a note to jacobson@yahoo-inc.com with the account you’re using?

2. calendar is almost always broken

i have to go to outlook to use my calendar.

__

We're experiencing some technical difficulties...
    We˘__Ľ__˘re sorry, but Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.

Try again
    Visit Help for troubleshooting instructions
    Temporary error: 500

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Asad,Could you please let us know if you are still running into error 500 issue often? We have been working with exchange team to improve the stability of Corp Calendar and hope that number of error 500 should have gone down quite a lot now.Thanks for helping out with Corp Calendar.Thanks,Ashish

3. Sponsored Ads

When going through the list of emails, there sometimes are sponsored ads at the top and sometimes not. The ads can changes with every click. My use case is that I hover my curser over an email in the list and click on the delete icon and as the emails below shift up, I keep on deleting emails I don't want. If the ad at the top disappears or reappears, the flow of the emails becomes indeterministic and I end up deleting for the wrong email.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This was a bug and should be fixed. Please reach out to me if you are still seeing it. Thanks,Kevinkday

4. Empty search string not the same as clearing search

I found it counter intuitive that after I was done with a search 1.) I didn't immediately know how to clear my search and go back to the inbox screen, and 2.) By backspacing over the search query I ended up searching for the Empty String rather than clearing the search as I would have expected. I saw:

We found no messages matching your query: ""

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reporting this. For item #1, we are considering putting an “x” in the search box. Otherwise you can click on the Yahoo Mail or inbox areas to return to inbox. I understand it might not be clear at first. Regarding #2, I am currently unable to replicate this issue; if it persists can you provide browser info to jacobson@yahoo-inc.com? Thanks!

5. Need booleans and regular expressions in Mail search

I need to be able to do a search for: "foo not from bob@yahoo-inc.com". I also miss regexes from time to time in search queries. The beauty of these sort of feature is that the people who don't need this feature will never see it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The exclusion based on negation (NOT) is on our feature backlog already. We will prioritize this for an upcoming release. The regex is a more complex requirement and we need to evaluate the effort vs. value/value of this feature.

6. Archive as default

I get a crazy amount of email every day, and don't want to worry about accidentally deleting something important. Archive mail (as it is in gmail) allows me to move through a backlog quickly and also have every email I have ever received available to me at a later date.

The current method of pressing d-whatever isn't cutting it. Archiving all mail, or at least having the option to set archive as the default "delete" action is a must.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Daniel, thanks for the feedback. This is on our roadmap and are planning to introduce archiving, but want to do so in a seamless and useful manner – vs just swapping delete with an archive action. So the experience in doing this is key, but we are on it.

7. Mail refresh

Mail refresh is a PAIN. If i delete a few messages it is slow to enumerate. Also its slow to show the preview of the mail below.. uggghgghghgghghghghg..

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Folder tree

I like to keep my inbox clean and I categorize and file almost all e-mail (that I don't delete). It's very cumbersome to browse the folder list on the left. Same with using the move button. Can you add a folder tree on the left?

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Daniel, We are actively working on this. You should be able to see some options we will be experimenting with next week.

9. Additional incremental options for meeting times

With the mandate to cut back on the amount and time of meetings, I've tried to schedule meetings that end at 15 and 45 minutes pass the hour. This helps people prepare for their next call and get to an in-person meeting on time.

Is it possible to add :15 and :45 minutes as options within the Calendar drop down?

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. categories in calendar

Can I get Categorization with colors in Calendar?

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Calendar not loading

My calendar is taking a very long time to load. I've tried to reload it several times and it's not coming up at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Elizabeth,We have fixed few issues around Corp Calendar stability in last few weeks. Could you please try again and let us (aparnami@yahoo-inc.com ) know if you are still running into this issue?Thanks,Ashish

12. Hyperlinks in Calendar Invite

Hyperlinks do not seem to work in calendar invite. For example, a Marketing Q&A was sent with the yo link as a hyperlink. It worked on my outlook but the hyperlink did not work within the calendar invitation through corpmail. please fix. Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. new backyard lookup

I like the Backyard lookup feature.

Could it direct to the new backyard profile instead of the old please ?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove Ads for corporation mail

These days Outlook is very slow so I restart to use our corporation web mail but the ads really distract me some time. Could we try to get rid of the ads in corporation use?

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of dogfooding our products we try to keep the experience we have every day as similar to that of our users as possible. Over 95% of our users have ads in our product so the experience for corp users is the same. If you do find a display ad that you think should not be allowed, send a screenshot and the clickthrough URL to displayadcomplaints@yahoo-inc.com and that will help us to clean those up. Thanks, Kevin

15. Reply All + Change Subject

Sometimes I want to send an email to a group of people who were on a prior email chain, but on a totally different topic, so I want to change the Subject. Maybe there's an easy way to do this, but I can't figure out and don't have any more time to spend on this. Can we make this more intuitive?

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the comment. There is a little down arrow near the word “To” that allows you to edit the subject. I don’t believe making this more obvious is planned but if this gets voted up further the team may revisit. Thanks again! – jacobson@yahoo-inc.com.

16. copy and paste email address from From line

I often want to copy and paste an email address from the From line to send to someone else. The email address is not in my contacts. But I can never figure out how to do this. Is it even possible? Any way to make this easy?

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the comment. You should just be able to click the name and choose to copy the email address from the menu that appears. Please let me know if this is not working – jacobson@yahoo-inc.com. Thanks!

17. flashing ads

When an ad is flashing in Yahoo mail - whether it's flashing police lights or a flashing number on the chat icon in the "Chat with your Facebook friends" pomo - it drives me away from the page. I either close the window or navigate to another site that doesn't flash at me.

For me, the flashing ads are anti-sticky. Repellent, even. They may have that effect on others, as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Calendar view in the different themes..

Other than the white theme background, I unable to read meetings on my calendar in any other theme..

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Shared Calendar

In Outlook I have a shared calendar with my group. But it hasn't transferred over to my calendar in Yahoo mail. How do I get it to show up?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Elizabeth,Sorry but this feature is not supported yet with Corp Calendar though it is supported with your personal yahoo calendar. We have put this into our backlog.Thanks,Ashish

20. Calendar not updating

I've been trying to delete and edit some calendar entries and nothing is happening. When I open the item and try to edit, it doesn't change. Then when I try to click delete, nothing happens.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base