Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Deleting Emails

It's nice to be able to scroll from email to email without having to return to the inbox, but if I delete an email that is not the case. It would be helpful if it pulled up the next email regardless of action taken so users can quickly cleanup their inbox without jumping back and forth from screen to screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Lindsay, We have a setting that allows you to do that. Please go to settings and change the setting for “After moving a message” “Show next email message”.

2. Y!Mail Search doesn't work untl the page is fully loaded

Y!Mail Search doesn't work until the page is fully loaded. However, the search box is visible long before it's usable. This is a particularly irksome issue since I use four e-mail interfaces (since no interface does everything well) -- but I use Y!Mail for global e-mail searching. So, I open Y!Mail, type my search query as soon as the box is visible, press enter, and then Y!Mail opens a blank tab in a new window. Disconcerting. If I wait for the page to load, though, it works great.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Calendar Invite Forwarding

In Outlook it is very easy to forward a calendar invite, how is that done using exchange for corp mail?

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hurts my eyes

I'm not sure if it's the colors or the contrast, but using corp mail just hurts my eyes. I have a different theme set for my personal email, but the purple color scheme makes it very hard to read anything and it is painful.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. You can click the image icon in the bottom left and select another them. It includes the default production light white background theme.

5. Ability to see others' calendar availability & a calendar event lightbox that's movable so I can see what else is on my calendar

For corporate calendaring purposes, it's almost a necessity to be able to see others' calendar availability (and conf room availability) before scheduling a meeting. Furthermore, the existing lightbox that comes up when I try to schedule a meeting makes it impossible for me to see my calendar behind it so I can see if there are other open slots in my calendar. Any way to make this a bit more user friendly for corporate calendar users?

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sharon,We already support conference room booking and checking attendee availability of employees. These features will be supported with no-exchange corporate calendar as well. For the other issue can you please log a ticket against product=Calendar?Thanks, Ashish

6. access to open an attachment

When I went to download an excel attachment it requested to download first. I then had to select the type of program to run off of, excel was not an option. I tried adobe and word still nothing worked. I went to outlook and it was right there, easy to open and I was able to drag and drop it onto my desktop. Is there an easier way to open attachments then downloading them first? This is not the first time I've had to revert back to Outlook to open a basic word/excel attachment.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. I am unable to reproduce this issue. On my Mac when I download an excel file it opens with Excel from the download folder. One option you could try is next time it ask for type of program, see if you can search for Excel on your computer elsewhere (browse to applications folder) and check box to always open by default in that application.

7. Editing in Reply (or Reply All)

When selecting Reply or Reply All, I am unable to edit the original message without first copying and pasting it. Can we include the original as editable in the reply

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. When you hit Reply it shows a “Show Message History” link. When you click that it expands to show the entire message thread. You can scroll down and edit the original message.

8. Sumbit bad ads - quicker way

Can we have a quicker way (like a button?) to report bad ads? Since part of the dogwood program is also to look into them. Sending an email to a ??? ilist with screenshots and other details is not the most reliable and fast way to do that. Thanks! =)

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The team is working to enable feedback on Ads in CorpMail. Expect to see it in coming weeks.

9. Is there a way to search JUST my inbox?

Right now, when I search mail, I'm often just trying to search my inbox. However, every relevant email will often show up. Is there a way to limit my search to just inbox or a specific folder?

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. What if I am not connect to the internet??

What is the alternative other than my phone? Phone is the only alternative I can think of but the functionality is rather limited.

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time Internet access is required to connect to Yahoo Mail. For offline, you can use the Mail app on your phone or Yahoo Mail in future.

11. How to forward a meeting invite?

How can we forward a meeting invite to someone from our calendar? I do not see that as an option when I open the event on my calendar.

23 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. Currently you have to see the original invite message in the inbox and click forward on it. The team is working to enable it from the calendar event.

12. Shift-Enter?

Why can't I use Shift-Enter in yMail?

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ymail.com/calendar

It would be great to be able to bookmark calendar to ymail.com/calendar. Often I just want to go straight to my calendar. It would save a click.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Its already available. You can directly go to calendar.yahoo.com or mrd.mail.yahoo.com/calendar . Thanks.

14. Add "Show previous email message" in "After moving a message" in the "Viewing Email" settings

My inbox is sorted with most recent emails on top. When I check my emails I start at the oldest unread message and work my way to the most recent so that I have proper context for all the more recent messages.

I would love a "Show previous email message" after deleting a message. After a delete, "Show next email message" drops me to the one I've already read. After a delete I want to go to the more recent message.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. Currently by default it goes to the next message (one below) after delete. I can see why some users would prefer going to the message above. One workaround is clicking the up arrow to see the previous message.

15. Identifying links and making them clickable

Many emails contain some form of a URL (e.g. First line in YAMAS email is a link to the dashboard). It would be great if we would parse that test and identify it as a link to it can be clicked (same as Outlook behavior).

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Links in Calendar Invites

Hyperlinks created in a calendar invite don't show up in ymail calendar invite. There is no way to link within an invite, you are required to put the full URL as a workaround which seems to be a poor look and feel

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cancel a meeting

Does deleting a meeting that I created cancel it and send a note to participants that it has been cancelled? Or does this just delete the event on my calendar without deleting for other participants?

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mail History

Many core folders, Sent, Trash, etc.. only show the last week of mail, but I would like to be able to show a more custom timeframe. Such as 3 months, 6 months or a years worth.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There are reasons Trash does not show old messages. We are supposed to purge them after some period of time. For Sent, you should be able to see. Please use advanced search. Or you can try something like this – after:2013/08/01 before:2013/09/01 in:sent

19. Folder Pane Width

Some of my Subfolders or folders of subfolders can't be seen when expanded, is it possible to allow for adjusting the width of the folder pane?

21 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This will add complexity to the UI. Also with it comes requests to make it sticky etc. Also many of the UI patterns are based on some assumptions. This will break them introducing new kind of bugs. For example, the sender column width in conversation view only has two sender info for that reason. This might also have impact on the right rail ad position. How bad do you need this? Is scrolling not an option? At the end of the day we can allow stretching but there is a limit nevertheless. – mayukh

20. Working offline?

I think this is a pretty big use-case for most users outside the US, who don't have easy access to wifi when out of office

139 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. At this time Internet connectivity is required for accessing Yahoo Mail on a desktop/laptop. The team is considering options in future. One option is for users to use the email on their mobile phone for offline access in the meantime.

1 2 5 7 9 15 16

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base