Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Yahoo/Dropbox relationship

I applaud the new relationship between Yahoo mail and Dropbox, but there are a few kinks. Today was the first day that I was prompted to use Db both to attach files and view photos. What I find difficult to maneuver is, on uploads, it isn't intuitive, so I chose to send a smaller file rather than go figure it out; on viewing, I wanted to see images a friend had sent, but not save them--BUT, in order to view them i was forced to save and download db. huge pain to see pics, why no preview func?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you provide an option for smaller fonts and higher density of information?

Overall I just can't see as much information on my screen at the same time as I can with Apple Mail.app. My current workaround is to use the browser scaling option but this seems suboptimal. I know that one thing gmail provided when they rolled out their redesign was a low/medium/high density setting. I think we should really consider doing that.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Go to “View” on the right hand side. View > Line Height > (Slim,Regular, Relaxed ) – mayukh

3. US date format on UK Mail

I have a Yahoo UK mail account but the date format for sent and received emails has been changed to US (month/day/year) instead of UK (day/month/year). Please can it be switched to the correct format, as this isn't great for UK users.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Search should not include Trash by default

When I do a search, the results include messages in my Trash. This is usually not very helpful (lots of deleted drafts, declined meetings, and stuff I put into Trash because I don't want to see it anymore). Can Trash be excluded from by default, with an option to additionally include items in Trash in search results?

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can we please have calendar reminders pop up?

We need the calendar to have a reminder that pops up in your window or somewhere on your computer - it is too easy to miss meetings without this reminder, given everything we all have to do to multi-task all day. Thanks!

204 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of this ask. As Yahoo Mail is web application running in a browser desktop application, and not a desktop application running separately, it does not have desktop notifications currently. We are investigating options to handle this use case in the browser. Regards, Sumeet Solanki

6. Pasting images into Body of Email

Please add a feature that allows us to paste images in the body of emails. Most Search Account Managers send screenshots to clients on a daily basis so this is a must.

77 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is definitely on our radar based on large number of requests. Once we have some of the pressing issues out of the way, we will address this asap. Thanks for the feedback. – mayukh

7. Keyboard shortcuts for calendar

I can navigate email fairly well with the keyboard but there isn't anything to let me navigate the calendar. Please add shortcut keys for changing between daily/weekly/monthly views, jumping to calendar view from email, moving between events and searching for an event in the calendar.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Copying & pasting tables on the body of an email

How can I paste an image or even a table from excel to the body of an email? Also, I don't even see a capability to add a table within email like you can in outlook.
    Thanks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. The team is working on enabling pasting images inline in Q3. For tables please paste the excel table in the compose window and it should work. Regards, Sumeet

9. Group Emails in Inbox by Date

I'd like to have email grouping by day in the inbox. This helps me quickly get to an email especially for looking emails that came in yesterday and today.

Similar to Outlook, the dividers can be "Today", "Yesterday", "Monday", ..."Last Week", "2 Weeks Ago", etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of this ask. Due to timelines and priorities this is not expected to be available in Q3. However it is something we will reevaluate for our future release. Regards, Sumeet

10. After an invite is accepted / declined, please automatically delete it from the Inbox.

After I take an action on a meeting invite (open the message, and click Accept, Maybe, or Decline for the RSVP), please instantly move the invite from my Inbox to the Trash folder.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. One of the reasons it is in the inbox is to search previous invitations, and be able to forward it to other people. Regards, Sumeet

11. auto categorization of emails

I like how Gmail does the auto filtering of emails into categories (social, promotions, inbox) and auto marks important emails within each category. Having a similar thing for Yahoo mail would be a great value addition as it would filter out the "noise" of emails which don't require immediate attention. Also, we can make a separate privacy policy for promotional emails for mining them more effectively to target ads on the basis of what promotional emails the user receives (has subscribed to)

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. The team is looking into options for categorization and labeling in future. Regards.

12. create calendar item from email.

sometimes, i want to create a calendar reminder from items in my inbox. this was possible with outlook please bring this feature into webmail.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. One way to create reminder is go to the Todos in Calendar. This is available in production Yahoo Mail and will be enabled in Corpmail in future.

13. "Reply all" to all participants invited to a meeting (event) from calendar view

One common task is following-up with colleagues after a meeting. Right now, there is no way to send a message to all participants in a meeting (event) from the calendar view. It would be useful to "Reply all" from the event screen on this page and open a new e-mail that is addressed to all participants.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. The team is working to provide this functionality in the near future Q3/Q4. Regards,

14. Allow search within a particular folder only

I know there's a mail in a specific folder that I need to find and I want to search just within that folder - but I can't figure out a way to limit search just to that folder, so instead I end up searching every piece of mail which is very inefficient. Pls allow search within a specific folder (and sub-folders) as well as across all my mail.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Angela, There is a way to do this today. You can either use Advanced Search which is in the drop down search box and select Folder: Inbox (or any other folder) or you can simply ad in:Inbox to your query. Thanks, Kevin

15. Work appropriate ads

I get that we have ads in corp mail. Considering that @yahoo-inc.com will be for internals only, is there a way to filter ads so they're more work appropriate?

There are times that I either get a massive scrolling ad with "Sunnyvale Single Men!" in bold letters, a massive pregnancy test ad, or another ad for permanent birth control. It's probably targeted for my gender/age demographic, but they don't represent my searches. They're jarring if my screen is open during meetings and presentations.

27 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michelle,We won’t be able to block certain ads from internal users, but we will be releasing a tool internally next week that will allow you to block an ad and give your feedback on it. Starting next week some time, you should be able to hover on a right rail display (not moneyball) ad and get a small “X” above the ad. Clicking that will allow you to provide feedback and “should” block the ad from serving for you again for 30 days. Keep in mind this is in testing so it may not work perfectly all the time and you can only block about 100 ads.ThanksKevin

16. Messages Ending up in Trash

I hesitate to submit this as a bug, because I'm not 100% sure that I'm not inadvertently selecting the trash folder somehow -- but has anybody else moved a message to the inbox (key d, then key 0) only to find out later that it had been moved to the trash?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been a source of confusion for many, but it is expected behavior as long as MS Exchange client app is used. ] A Mail backend server (codenamed SYNC) maintains a 2-way sync between [MS Exchange message-store] and [YME message-store]. The TRASH folder is not synced. When the user moves a message between folders in MS Outlook, this is immediately ONLY reflected in the MS Exchange message-store. The change will be synced with the Mail backend system during the next sync cycle (scheduled periodically). During the next sync cycle, SYNC can only detect that message is missing from the source folder on MS Exchange; it does not know the message was actually moved. It results in that message moved to TRASH folder in the Yahoo Mail message-store and new copies delivered to the archive folder. Please note that destination folder is synced with the moved message. [

17. Can't delete mail folders once established

If you can, it's not intuitively clear how.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stacy, this should be a right click option. You can only delete empty folders though.Thanks,Kevin

18. Can't create rules to automatically file/shuffle incoming emails in designated folders

This great feature in Outlook is crucial to those who work with cross-functional teams and across a multitude of project buckets on a regular basis. Manual filing is unnecessarily time consuming and ups the chance for errors or critical communications getting lost.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stacy,As Jeff mentioned in the FYI, this is a feature available in free mail and will be available in corp mail once exchange is no longer an options.Thanks,Kevin

19. Need ability to limit searching mails within a folder

Often I'm only looking for emails within a folder (which is how I organize my mails), and need the ability to specify searching only within a given folder. The use case and need seem obvious (it's much more efficient for me to get the emails I want this way, for one). But if not, I can elaborate.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Email chain looks like it's just "me" talking to "me."

If I start a chain and am the last person to reply, I only see the sender as "Me...Me" and don't know who the other people in the chain are. Would be helpful to just list the people in the chain, because I already know that I'm a part of the thread.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed. We can possibly show some more participants and do some level of dedup to surface the participants more interesting than being very mathematical about it. I will add this to our list of improvements. We might also reach out to you for validation. Thanks – mayukh

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base