Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Rules

How can we set up email rules so that specific emails go to a pre-determined folder?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for the feedback. On the live site Yahoo Mail one can right click and select an option to "Filter emails like this … " Once corp mail is migrated over you will have that functionality. Regards, Sumeet

2. Copying & pasting tables on the body of an email

How can I paste an image or even a table from excel to the body of an email? Also, I don't even see a capability to add a table within email like you can in outlook.
    Thanks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. The team is working on enabling pasting images inline in Q3. For tables please paste the excel table in the compose window and it should work. Regards, Sumeet

3. Group Emails in Inbox by Date

I'd like to have email grouping by day in the inbox. This helps me quickly get to an email especially for looking emails that came in yesterday and today.

Similar to Outlook, the dividers can be "Today", "Yesterday", "Monday", ..."Last Week", "2 Weeks Ago", etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of this ask. Due to timelines and priorities this is not expected to be available in Q3. However it is something we will reevaluate for our future release. Regards, Sumeet

4. After an invite is accepted / declined, please automatically delete it from the Inbox.

After I take an action on a meeting invite (open the message, and click Accept, Maybe, or Decline for the RSVP), please instantly move the invite from my Inbox to the Trash folder.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. One of the reasons it is in the inbox is to search previous invitations, and be able to forward it to other people. Regards, Sumeet

5. auto categorization of emails

I like how Gmail does the auto filtering of emails into categories (social, promotions, inbox) and auto marks important emails within each category. Having a similar thing for Yahoo mail would be a great value addition as it would filter out the "noise" of emails which don't require immediate attention. Also, we can make a separate privacy policy for promotional emails for mining them more effectively to target ads on the basis of what promotional emails the user receives (has subscribed to)

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. The team is looking into options for categorization and labeling in future. Regards.

6. create calendar item from email.

sometimes, i want to create a calendar reminder from items in my inbox. this was possible with outlook please bring this feature into webmail.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. One way to create reminder is go to the Todos in Calendar. This is available in production Yahoo Mail and will be enabled in Corpmail in future.

7. "Reply all" to all participants invited to a meeting (event) from calendar view

One common task is following-up with colleagues after a meeting. Right now, there is no way to send a message to all participants in a meeting (event) from the calendar view. It would be useful to "Reply all" from the event screen on this page and open a new e-mail that is addressed to all participants.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. The team is working to provide this functionality in the near future Q3/Q4. Regards,

8. Undo Send

I quite often use the Undo Send feature of Gmail, which is a configurable delay before an email is actually sent. You can continue to read other messages, write new mail, and otherwise work until the delay is up, at which time the "Undo" notification goes away.

This is a lifesaver for typos and wrong distribution lists.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of this use case. We have some ideas for future. One option is to delay the sending so user can go to Outbox and cancel send.

9. Undo

Is there an undo feature? I can't find it if there is. If it's not implemented yet, I think this should be a high priority. Thanks!

Examples for undo: Delete, Move, Edit (calendar or contact item, note).

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I am on the same boat. You would be happy to learn that we are launching undo for delete, move and spam soon. Dev work almost complete. The other usecases also sound interesting. We will evaluate and make things happen gradually. Cheers – mayukh

10. Undo button

Sometimes I delete a message by accident. I meant to delete the one above or below it. Can there be an "undo delete" pop up for 3-ish seconds above all my messages so I don't have to go all the way into my Trash folder and find the email I deleted to undo the delete? If not, it'd be nice if I could organize my trash folder by "last deleted"

21 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow search within a particular folder only

I know there's a mail in a specific folder that I need to find and I want to search just within that folder - but I can't figure out a way to limit search just to that folder, so instead I end up searching every piece of mail which is very inefficient. Pls allow search within a specific folder (and sub-folders) as well as across all my mail.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Angela, There is a way to do this today. You can either use Advanced Search which is in the drop down search box and select Folder: Inbox (or any other folder) or you can simply ad in:Inbox to your query. Thanks, Kevin

12. Work appropriate ads

I get that we have ads in corp mail. Considering that @yahoo-inc.com will be for internals only, is there a way to filter ads so they're more work appropriate?

There are times that I either get a massive scrolling ad with "Sunnyvale Single Men!" in bold letters, a massive pregnancy test ad, or another ad for permanent birth control. It's probably targeted for my gender/age demographic, but they don't represent my searches. They're jarring if my screen is open during meetings and presentations.

27 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michelle,We won’t be able to block certain ads from internal users, but we will be releasing a tool internally next week that will allow you to block an ad and give your feedback on it. Starting next week some time, you should be able to hover on a right rail display (not moneyball) ad and get a small “X” above the ad. Clicking that will allow you to provide feedback and “should” block the ad from serving for you again for 30 days. Keep in mind this is in testing so it may not work perfectly all the time and you can only block about 100 ads.ThanksKevin

13. Hurts my eyes

I'm not sure if it's the colors or the contrast, but using corp mail just hurts my eyes. I have a different theme set for my personal email, but the purple color scheme makes it very hard to read anything and it is painful.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. You can click the image icon in the bottom left and select another them. It includes the default production light white background theme.

14. Ability to see others' calendar availability & a calendar event lightbox that's movable so I can see what else is on my calendar

For corporate calendaring purposes, it's almost a necessity to be able to see others' calendar availability (and conf room availability) before scheduling a meeting. Furthermore, the existing lightbox that comes up when I try to schedule a meeting makes it impossible for me to see my calendar behind it so I can see if there are other open slots in my calendar. Any way to make this a bit more user friendly for corporate calendar users?

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sharon,We already support conference room booking and checking attendee availability of employees. These features will be supported with no-exchange corporate calendar as well. For the other issue can you please log a ticket against product=Calendar?Thanks, Ashish

15. access to open an attachment

When I went to download an excel attachment it requested to download first. I then had to select the type of program to run off of, excel was not an option. I tried adobe and word still nothing worked. I went to outlook and it was right there, easy to open and I was able to drag and drop it onto my desktop. Is there an easier way to open attachments then downloading them first? This is not the first time I've had to revert back to Outlook to open a basic word/excel attachment.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. I am unable to reproduce this issue. On my Mac when I download an excel file it opens with Excel from the download folder. One option you could try is next time it ask for type of program, see if you can search for Excel on your computer elsewhere (browse to applications folder) and check box to always open by default in that application.

16. Editing in Reply (or Reply All)

When selecting Reply or Reply All, I am unable to edit the original message without first copying and pasting it. Can we include the original as editable in the reply

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. When you hit Reply it shows a “Show Message History” link. When you click that it expands to show the entire message thread. You can scroll down and edit the original message.

17. Sumbit bad ads - quicker way

Can we have a quicker way (like a button?) to report bad ads? Since part of the dogwood program is also to look into them. Sending an email to a ??? ilist with screenshots and other details is not the most reliable and fast way to do that. Thanks! =)

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The team is working to enable feedback on Ads in CorpMail. Expect to see it in coming weeks.

18. Is there a way to search JUST my inbox?

Right now, when I search mail, I'm often just trying to search my inbox. However, every relevant email will often show up. Is there a way to limit my search to just inbox or a specific folder?

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. What if I am not connect to the internet??

What is the alternative other than my phone? Phone is the only alternative I can think of but the functionality is rather limited.

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time Internet access is required to connect to Yahoo Mail. For offline, you can use the Mail app on your phone or Yahoo Mail in future.

20. How to forward a meeting invite?

How can we forward a meeting invite to someone from our calendar? I do not see that as an option when I open the event on my calendar.

23 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. Currently you have to see the original invite message in the inbox and click forward on it. The team is working to enable it from the calendar event.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base