Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. After an invite is accepted / declined, please automatically delete it from the Inbox.

After I take an action on a meeting invite (open the message, and click Accept, Maybe, or Decline for the RSVP), please instantly move the invite from my Inbox to the Trash folder.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for the feedback. One of the reasons it is in the inbox is to search previous invitations, and be able to forward it to other people. Regards, Sumeet

2. Save tabs of unfinished emails when you close browser and re-open

Is this possible? I have a ton of emails I have written half-way and I am sure one of these days the browser will crash and I will cry. Thanks! :)

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Calendar view for today

With all the available real estate on our corpmail page, would you consider having a window for my calender? Toggling between mail and my calender is an accepted work around, but it's not a world class experience. It would be much simpler and efficient if I had a calender pane embedded in my mail view so I can see my upcoming meeting schedule, set up an ad hoc meeting and not overlap existing ones on the fly.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show newest email in a thread on top.

I find the current UI where the newest email in a thread goes to the bottom very exhausting.

Just to read the content of the last email, I have to scroll all the way down, and then I have to scroll up since the content of the other emails will be inline and bottom of the new email.

Please give users an option to have the newest email on top.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Increase Yahoo Mail usable area as proportion of browser window

On a large monitor, there is a lot of wasted space around the Yahoo Mail active panes, even accounting for the area of the ads. Outlook has much more usable space. Is there a way to increase the width and height of the panes without just shrinking the others?

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ads take up valuable screen space for emails

I have have a small screen, and the sponsored ad that appears in my Corp Mail inbox takes up valuable real estate. Any way we can turn it off for corporate users?

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove "Reached First Message" popup

This "Reached First Message" popup is not a good user experience. One gets there too often and too easily while in conversation mode and it breaks the user flow unnecessarily, whether using keyboard shortcuts or the mouse. The left arrow could be disabled when reaching the first message, and not allow keyboard shortcuts or clicks to trigger this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Search Suggestions

When searching for things like "Segments Manager", it would be nice to auto-suggest either person or subject as possible filters to further refine the search.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. fail to sync yahoo mail contacts with iphone

I'm trying to sync my yahoo personal account with my iPhone 4S and also tried on 5, running the newest IOS version on both. First I get a fail message that the it "cannot connect using SSL", then when I hit continue I get a "Contacts account/ CardDAV account verification failed." Is this a persistent problem, and if so, what can be done to work around or correct for it? I'd like to merge all my contacts into one if possible.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Always show Drafts count

The count of messages in my draft folder changes depending on if I 'read' the messages. For this special folder, I'd rather always show the count of drafts, since it's a call to action, rather than a status indicator.

It also seems to reset periodically, which is also odd for other reasons.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. auto categorization of emails

I like how Gmail does the auto filtering of emails into categories (social, promotions, inbox) and auto marks important emails within each category. Having a similar thing for Yahoo mail would be a great value addition as it would filter out the "noise" of emails which don't require immediate attention. Also, we can make a separate privacy policy for promotional emails for mining them more effectively to target ads on the basis of what promotional emails the user receives (has subscribed to)

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. The team is looking into options for categorization and labeling in future. Regards.

12. Hit box size around check box

Frequently when I am checking a bunch of boxes, trying to bulk delete messages, one of the messages opens and forces me to restart the whole checking process. very annoying, even if I am being slightly imprecise because of speed, this is frustrating. Perhaps be more forgiving in hit box size / placement around the check box.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Calendar: Moving from Month to Month

When I'm moving from month to month in the Calendar it takes forever to load the next month. It would be great if we could speed this up.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have an Unread folder hierarchy

It would be useful to have an Unread folder hierarchy - An item in the folder list named "Unread" that would have under it all the folders containing Unread mail. It would also be useful to have a button for "All Unread" to get a chronological list of all the unread mail (I prefer to read it folder-by-folder, so I can maintain context and expectations and make faster judgments on what to keep, but I know some people would rather have a linear flow).

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mail forwarding no longer available in setttings

One has to go to basic view to view it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Caledar: cannot open attachments

Firefox 9
    MacosX

My appointments has originally 3 attachments that I can download from the MacOSX calendar app.
    However, the same attachments are listed but cannot be downloaded from the Yahoo Mail Web Page.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. create calendar item from email.

sometimes, i want to create a calendar reminder from items in my inbox. this was possible with outlook please bring this feature into webmail.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. One way to create reminder is go to the Todos in Calendar. This is available in production Yahoo Mail and will be enabled in Corpmail in future.

18. Reading Width

On email with large images, the whole width of the email gets stretched out so I have to pan left and right to read the whole thing.

Would be nice if the images could get max width of the reading pain so everything else flows in a way that fits.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Lists delete if you delete the first letter

If I start a list but want to rewrite the word, or I have kept over a formatting like bold or underlined that I don't want to apply to this bullet, I can't delete the first letter without deleting the whole bullet. If I went out of my way to put the bullet there in the first place, I want to be able to edit the text freely without deleting it. If I delete it, it should be on purpose. Word has you use delete one more time before the bullet is deleted.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Import .vcf contact file

I get an "invalid file" error message when I try to import an Outlook vcf file - should be simple, but...

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base