Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. keyboard shortcuts.

[1] Can we have vi style keyboard shortcuts for moving up and down the inbox (like how gmail has)? It doesn't need to be the default, may be we can enable it for only internal users.

[2] Can we have keyboard shortcuts to go to a specific mail folder to see all messages of that folder? For e.g. gmail has a shortcut "gl" (go to label), outlook has CTRL-Y (go to a specific folder).

Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Basic common formatting automated - lists

Mail should have smart formatting. If I go to a new line, start with "*" and then ENTER to go to the next line, I want it to automatically create bullets for me. The same goes for numbered lists. The way it is now, you have to click two extra times.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Reminders under the Calendar settings don't work.

There is a save button which does not give any feedback. The placement of the Save button is also strange.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Being able to have new windows in Yahoo Mail

In Outlook, I'll hit reply to an email to get a new window and in a sense keep a running list of pieces of content I might use throughout the day or tasks I need to finish before leaving. It keeps me from having to type out a separate to-do list or from having several windows open at once in a browser. It would be nice to have the same option in Yahoo Mail.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Reply all" to all participants invited to a meeting (event) from calendar view

One common task is following-up with colleagues after a meeting. Right now, there is no way to send a message to all participants in a meeting (event) from the calendar view. It would be useful to "Reply all" from the event screen on this page and open a new e-mail that is addressed to all participants.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for the feedback. The team is working to provide this functionality in the near future Q3/Q4. Regards,

6. Drag and Drop Messages in Sent

In the inbox it is possible to drag and drop messages to folders. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case in the sent folder. Is it possible to enable that?

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. LREC Ad on the right of the Screen

I see an ad on the right of the screen when I compose an emai. The ad is an LREC that is to wide and to short. So it takes a lot of space from the screen while leaving a large blank space at the bottom.
    Can we stick to one format that would be not as wide and larger?

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. resizing panes

In outlook I can easily resize the folder pane, the reading panes and the calendar/to-do list pane. I can also show/hide the command bar. I like being able to resize things in a way that works best for me. Can we have more options to customize the view?

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Day/Week Boundary for Inbox

Hi can you add a functionality, not unlink what outlook currently has, to segregate emails by day boundary?

ie:
    Emails received today
    emails received yesterday
    emails received 2 days ago
    emails received n days ago
    etc

This is very useful when try to find emails in the deluge of inbox emails.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Calendar set meetings starting on 15 or 45 minute mark

Trying to set something to run for 45 minutes does not appear to be possible can only start and stop on the hour or half our. Would be great to be able to do the 15 and 45 too.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can we have a high contrast theme (for accessibility)?

Can we get a new theme on mail that is designed for optimal accessibility with high contrast and less color gradations? Also it's hard to know the different between the themes since they don't have name or description.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reminders

Can you please add a reminder pop up feature to events that are scheduled in your diary. I appreciate this comes up on my phone, but that's no good when I'm sat working on my laptop without it.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. CC'ing requires a click on the 'CC' link

The cc field doesn't show up by default. We have to click on the 'CC' link to expose the field. This is quite annoying, especially at Yahoo where we often have to cc various folks.

24 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. hide folders without any unread messages

We've asked for this feature before, any updates?

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notes functionality

In addition to noticing that noted dont migrate from exchange, I'm noticing that Notes don't have a lot of functionality. I can only create notes that are unfiled. I cannot rename the file "unfiled" to anything else. And I cannot create a new notepad. The notes editor is, well, not really much other than a text box. This kinda falls short of a modern feature.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Lumps Emails into One Line

Currently if the subject of the email is the same it lumps all of the responses into 1 email line. If you have several people on the email that ends up turning into essentially 2 different conversation chains, they are now all lumped together. Can there be a way to keep them separate?

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Contacts?

It doesn't appear that the Contacts utility within Yahoo! Mail has the ability to contain All of the relevant info about a contact - only e-mail address and phone fields appear to be available. So are we expected to use a separate contact manager after the switchover?

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bulk delete?

Is it possible to delete N oldest emails in a folder? I would like to delete 9999+ emails from a folder at once.

Thanks.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Don't switch to Trash folder when I empty it

It doesn't make sense to show me my Trash folder when I click to empty it. Besides, it's also showing it with all the messages intact when I've just emptied it!

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Forwarding invites

When someone forwarded me an invite, in the address bar, it does not include his/her name/email that forwarded the message to me. Thus, if they personalized anything in the email and didn't leave a name, it seems like the original event creator invited me or added the personal message, which is misleading. Could mail include a "Fwd:" in the email title and who Forwarded it in the sender section? Thank you!

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base