Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Scheduling Meeting - Showing Availability

Availability display does not display large enough time window.
    Navigating within that window to find an available timeslot doesn't work smoothly, the left and right arrows didn't seem to move by a logical amount, and didn't seem to have a way to slide time window.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sending messages takes too long (~ 5+ seconds) and sometimes fails

I have been having trouble sending messages. For the past couple days, sending message has been slow taking in excess of 5 seconds, and now I had the message send failed twice consecutively. It worked the third time.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Safari - Mac OS Notifications

Safari already provides Notifications, this could be a nice feature in order to get an alert every time a new email arrives or when a meeting is coming soon.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Good feedback. Our interns are working on desktop notifications and we can certainly look into incorporating this into the project.

4. keyboard shortcut for search doesn't work in messages

Keyboard shortcut "s" for searching in mail doesn't seem to work when you're in a message, but works fine in the inbox or other folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search: select a subset of one folder?

One thing that I miss from Thudnerbird and GMail is the ability to select a subset of a folder. For instance, I'd like to be able to search for "inbox:dh-rainbow-alerts@yahoo-inc.com" and see all e-mail to/from/containing that address so that I can review all e-mail on that that topic at one time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. UI look

The messenger icon at upper left is the same whether I'm signed into messenger or not. I have to click on it to confirm that I'm still signed in. It would save time if the icon changed appearance to show signed-in status.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. http:// in link dialogue box

When adding a link to an email, it would be great if the "http://" would disappear when I click into the field (or the text could be selected when clicking into the field, or be removed all together). As it is now, I have to delete this text before pasting the link. Otherwise my link starts with "http://http://" and doesn't work.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. opening emails as background tabs

Hi,

Is there any way to open emails as a background task? that provides a pattern for fast scanning through lots of emails and pick the most important/interesting to read.

With the new update, I click on an email and the inbox disappears (not what you expect if you have chosen tabs as your multitask option).

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. problem adding recipients in to: field

When I start typing the name of a recipient, I press "enter" once the name appears at the top of the suggestion list. However, if my mouse is hovering anywhere on this suggestion list, when I press "enter" the name added to the recipient list is the one my mouse hovered over, not the first name suggested, so I end up adding the wrong email address. Can we fix this?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve reached out to you directly to help reproduce this issue, as I’m not seeing it on my own account. If anyone else has this issue please let me know which browser you’re using. Thanks – jacobson@yahoo-inc.com. Update: this issue is now solved. Thanks!

10. Bug in Folders Display

I have several folders in my mail. Consider the following folder: Folders -> Inbox -> MyFolder1 -> MyFolder2. Now, if a new e-mail comes to "MyFolder2", all the parent folders should be highlighted along with "MyFolder2". Many times, what happens is that the root folder ("Folders") and "MyFolder2" are highlighted. But "Inbox" and "MyFolder1" are not highlighted. Please set it right.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add the functionality for tasks (like gmail)

This is a really really important feature ...

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to remove attachments

Can you add an option to remove attachments? After saving the attachments to my computer's HD, there is no need to keep attachments in my mailbox, increasing the size of the data in my mailbox and slowing down its performance.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Creating favorites folders?

Is there an option to create\tag folders as "Favorites" like in Outlook, so I can configure my most frequently used folders to appear in the top section, near the Compose button? If not, can we develop this? It would greatly help productivity.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Expand all folders option

Can we develop an option to expand all folders? I love the new folders view that allows you to open your sub folders. However, if the browser needs to be refreshed or re-opened, all of the folders are collapsed. Someone also asked if the browser can remember the open folders, which would also be great.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rules, folders and notification of unread emails

For unread emails that have been moved automatically to folders by a rule I had set in Outlook, I see the total number for example (4) next to the generic "Folder" word in bold. This bold & numbering feature should also be applied to any folders and subfolders an unread email falls into. As I use a deeper hierarchy of folders, I would have to open every single folder to find in which subfolder an email is. Quite time consuming. Also will Corp Mail allow to manage rules?

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Moving emails to folders is too difficult

If you want to drag it, you need to have prepared the left panel with the folder (or subfolder or subsubfolder) already visible because a folder higher in hierarchy doesn't auto-expand. And if you do it via the actual email and "Move" action, in this case it is the opposite: every single folder and subfolder and subsubfolders is already there which makes the list too long, I'd rather get only high level and expand by clicking where I need e.g. on a + to go expand and on a folder name to choose.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please replace folders with labels (just like gmail)

Multiple labels can be assigned to a mail. It is not true for folders.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Preview of Image Attachments

I attached an image attachment & it put an attachment icon in my mail. On my mac the attach tool didn't show me a preview & webmail didn't show me a preview so I basically had to guess whether it was the right image I wanted to send (as I was too lazy to go to Finder to look).

Can you put in a proper preview feature please?

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sochi theme

The Sochi theme does not work, I can only see set reminder and it just redirects to the same mail page. The navigate does not work either.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Search is useless

One of my colleagues sent a very specific term a short while ago. As the UI is so slow I thought it would be a good use of the search feature. I would have thought this would have put it at the top of the result list as it was so specific - 'LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE' - but it didn't :( Instead it listed all the mails in the thread - all with the same heading and I have no idea which to look in.
    Can you please make searches group conversion threads in results so each conversation only…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Andy, We are working on a new metadata store that will enable us to thread search results. We are also investing heavily in search so you should see the quality of results and user experience improve tremendously in the coming months.

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base