Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. keyboard shortcut for hyperlinks

I add links all the time and hate having to mouse over to the hyperlink button. Could we add a shortcut for links? (Cmd + k in gmail, Cmd + shift + k in outlook).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Painfully slow calendar invite (retrieving details)

It's just slow. Very, very slow. Like, I can go read an article and come back to it before it loads. Mostly unusable, though I hate Outlook.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Problems with mail today

I've noticed that yahoo mail isn't responding when I'm clicking on the respond arrows or the send button for emails. When it does respond, half the time it is very slow, half it is great. Just thought I would raise the flag...

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I really like the new left column layout

It's easier to read, and it has enough room for all my folders. Thanks!

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove the graphical Ad please

I know that the graphical ads on the right side make more money than the text ads maybe, but... it's really distracting! Human tend to pay more attention to graphical elements than texts but most of our email contents are in text. We want our users to focus on the emails if they want to, which would definitely improve user experience.

Can we replace the graphical ad with text ad?

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. please auto refresh inbox

I use only web mail, one thing I find annoying is that inbox does not auto refresh. E.g., When new emails come, new email count refreshes (displays 3 unread mail on inbox tab). But inbox is still empty. I have to either click on inbox tab, or refresh page to make new emails show up in my inbox.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

As part of Dakar, we’ve made a lot of improvements in our check mail flow. We are not checking for mail every 30 seconds so the experience is better. That said, since we are syncing mails from Exchange, there is still some delay in showing messages in the Yahoo inbox.

7. Search auto-fill not working

When I use the search box to look up emails from a specific Yahoo, the emails/names/photos populate but once I select them, nothing appears in the search box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Limit of number of folders

There seems to be a limit on the number of folders displayed? I'm only seeing some of my Exchange folders displayed.
    If that's the case, how many are allowed? - I will restructure my Exchange folders so that they are all listed...

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Keyboard Shortcut for Move to Spam

I love the keyboard shortcuts that enable me to send messages to my various named folders. It makes sorting through a good chunk of mail a lot faster. I only get slowed down when I have to mark a message as Spam, as I have to use the mouse. So I would like a keyboard shortcut for Move to Spam.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remember sort-order on a per-folder basis

Please remember the sort-order on a per-folder basis. Some folders work best with the newest message at the beginning (Inbox), some messages work best with the oldest message at the beginning (listservs/ilists), and some should be sorted by subject (bugzilla/siebel tickets, etc).

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Y! Mail won't fit in half-sized window

My habit is to run mail on half of a 1920x1080 screen. This means that the mail window is around 960 pixels wide. The settings button is not visible when I do this, and I have to use the right/left scroll-bar to retrieve it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Seeing my starred mails

The only way (?) to see all starred emails now is by sorting. Would be helpful to have a "folder" for all starred mails somewhere in the first group of views on the top left.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Save to my computer / Dropbox icon looks like a download icon, menu confusing

The icon that opens a menu to "Save to my computer" or "Save to dropbox" looks like a download icon. Every time I click on it to download I expect the file to download. A possible solution would be to show two different actions "Download" and "Dropbox" as icons side by side to save users from clicking. See: https://drive.google.com/a/yahoo-inc.com/file/d/0B8stzFMBqMU8NnR1OUtXWVktbms/edit?usp=sharing

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Feature request: Archive Button / keyboard shortcut

Feature request: Archive Button / keyboard shortcut. In Thunderbird, the "A" key archives an e-mail message. I currently move the message to a folder which happens to be an archive folder using "d1" key shortcut, and then I use Thunderbird to sort out the messages into archive folders (/Archives/YYYY-MM). This regimen keeps my folder-sizes under 20,000 messages each, after I permanently delete logs and alerts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Embedded images

It will be very helpful to embed images as part of an email body instead of just attaching it to the email for a more contextual integration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Basic in-window image viewing

I have to download images to view them. It would be nice if they were either shown as thumbnails or if I could get a preview for them sort of like I would get for a PDF.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

David, You can click on “show images” at the top of the message card to see slideshow and previews without downloading.

17. Can the folder view remember which folders I have expanded?

Can the folder view remember which folders I have expanded after I reload the page?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Accidentally attempting to rename folders

Somehow I keep accidentally indicating I'm trying to rename folders when I'm moving through folders quickly (selecting several folders over the course of 30 seconds or so). I'm not quite sure how I'm doing this, but it's intuitive to me that renaming a folder would occur via right-clicking on the item, or via a configuration menu (for one-button interfaces). Renaming folders is a low-frequency operation that I might do once a week, while selecting a folder happens every couple of minutes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Thank you for fixing the folder view!

Thank you for fixing the folder view!!!

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. No Export Function in YME

Sometime we need to attach another email as an attachment which in Outlook, you only need to drag and drop. Is there a way we can implement such function in YME

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base