Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Keep folders open

The new folders work really well for my use case (lots of nested folders), and I wanted to add a small feature request to persist expanded folders when I come back to mail/refresh my folders. Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search options..

What happened to the search options which allowed filtering of search results? That was a great feature...

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Hi Anil, We saw low usage of that feature and so discontinued it in the new mail metadata and search platform. Wit the new platform, we expect the mail search experience to improve with better search suggestions and relevance. Feel free to poll me at cprithvi@yahoo-inc.com . Thank, Prithvi.

3. Bigger = better

In this era of huge retina screens, relaxed UI with large hit areas is where it's at. But our 'relaxed' option is still super tight. Why not loosen it up a bit as an option? Love the new bucket with the large compose button. But we still have lots of little elements that pop up on hover that feel like landmines when you're whizzing your cursor around clicking on things.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To-Do Bar

I am totally missing the To-Do Bar! This is really essential for me to have an overview of whats on my list for the day, keep track of upcoming meetings/calls, etc. Would be great to have something similar built into YME. thanks a million!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Filters...

Love the update! Quick question: I don't see the 'Filters' option in Settings anymore. Is there another way to set mail rules/filters?

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Abhi, We don’t support Filters in Yahoo Mail for Exchange (YME) because the filters are on Exchange side.

6. Draft mails in conversations should have a "Draft" or some other tag to highlight them as such

With the conversations enabled, drafts msg now show up in the conversation view. After coming back to the thread with draft messages, and without any special indicator about the message being a draft (and thus, still not being sent yet), a user might easily get confused thinking that msg has been already sent. Thus -

1. The desired msg may never get sent
    2. What if users actually wants to edit or cancel the message, and thinks it has been already sent?

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Layout on sidebar is awesome

Hi Guys, just taking a minute to say that the new layout I have today http://screencast.com/t/v1X7bkmqBX it's much much better. Being able to see the folder without any click it's very nice. Thanks!

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Glad to know you are enjoying it. We are working on tweaking the experience a little bit so stay tuned for more.

8. Unable to display New Yahoo Corp Logo (for email signatures)

I noticed that YME can't incorporate the new logo into our signature file.
    Web links do appear with an icon below, but our new Yahoo corporate logo can't be displayed.
    The only available format for YME is Rich Text format.

Can we add this functionality? This relates to our branding efforts.
    Thanks.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Calendar title is mail title

The calendar title reflects the mail title when I switched to it from mail. For exampled, if I switched to Calnedar when I had 26 unread messages, the title (shown in my browser tab) would say "(26 unread) - useremail". It would be great if the page title would reflect Calendar. "Calendar - useremail" would be good, "Calendar (3) - useremail" would be great to show pending events.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New right nav bar is great!

I'm in bucket CMUSDPVT1, and we just got a new navigation bar on the right side of the mail interface. This new bar is great! It's much easier to use than the old one, and I really like the organization. Major components at the top (mail, contacts, calendar, etc.), and easy visibility of mail folders is really nice. I hope this navigation bar is a permanent replacement of the old style one. Nice work mail team!

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Checking email types does not show emails that got checked

When clicking an arrow next to "Select and Deselect all messages" checkbox and choosing one of the choices from pulldown, messages matching that choice will get checked BUT oftentimes they are waaay below the fold and user may not know if anything has happened.
    I'd recommend that if user does this action, we check all boxes and pull checked messages to top. This will help user see all messages that got selected so user would know what action to take next.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cannot open calendar in new tab

I like to be able to look at my calendar without losing my place in my email, so in other mail solutions I usually keep my calendar open in a separate tab/window. In Yahoo Mail I cannot open the calendar link in a new tab, it just opens another mail tab.

Similarly, if I open the calendar, and then the page refreshes for whatever reason, it navigates away from the calendar, which is frustrating.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jimb,If you would like to keep Calendar opened in a separate browser tab then you can directly access calendar by going to calendar.yahoo.com url. Hope this works for you.Thanks,Ashish

13. Performance on Web Mail too spotty

I am regularly experiencing issues with messages that won't open, long delays between clicking an icon and any action taking placing, long load times when trying to navigate between folders (like going from JUNK to INBOX), and numerous intermittent error messages. I'm sure these are on a list to be addressed but the performance is sub-optimal compared to Candygram and Mongo.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Send Button

I have heard anecdotal complaints from friends that they are frustrated with the location of the SEND Button. If composing a replay to a long message on a laptop, you need to scroll down the page to locate SEND. Why not put one at the top of the message as well?

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently working on improvements to the send button toolbar. The change we’ve made is to ensure that send button is always in view so users don’t have to scroll to get to it.

15. Uninterested in adverts

I know we're an advertising a company, a media company, a tech company, and a floor wax - with advertising foremost.

That said, it is really hard to want to use the webmail service for our corporate email, when we're wasting space *and* attention on advertising. Is there no way to treat this as a "paid account" and turn all that off?

25 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not currently planning to disable ads. We want employees to experience what our consumers experience and ads are part of that experience.

16. Confusing to have my reply to an email show up in my inbox - on mobile reduces ability to see original sender

I have recently seen my replies to an email show up in my inbox - even though I am not cc'd. In those cases I can no longer see the original sender - I just see my name.

It is especially confusing on my mobile where space is at a premium to try to find emails from specific people - all I see is my name as sender.

I have heard this same complaint from a friend external to Yahoo who reported this behavior is very confusing to sort through.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. messages are always trucated

messages from a particular friend are always truncated. If I didn't know any better I would think they were blank. when I try to read them on my phone, they ARE blank.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Calendar Reminders

The calendar reminder does not alert the user when its supposed to. It should provide the alert no matter what tab you are in or whether the browser is up. Previously we used to have mail alerts in the Yahoo Toolbar. Is there a browser extension (.crx, .xpi, .exe) we could add that allow users to get the calendar reminders even if they do not have the Yahoo Mail page open?

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reminder for Corp calendar account are managed by exchange thats why you don’t see those options for your corp calendar account. You should still be able to see these options for your personal Yahoo calendar account. Thanks, Ashish

19. Names in reverse order

During the discussion, people send emails back and forth and the names usually become more and more. The first person who send the original mail will be shown first.
    However, I cannot tell the last person who send the latest reply because his/her name is hidden. I have to open the mail to see who send the latest mail.

Is it possible to show the last person first?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. search/trash/favorite icons next to 'sender' not in best place

When hovering on a email message, I twice, accidentally deleted it. Often times users click anywhere on the line be it where the sender is (on the left) or on the message title, or in the middle between the sender and the title. The search feature is also located there which I have inadvertantly clicked on before as well. When a long senders address is there, hovering over it could cause you to delete it by mistake. this may not be the best place for those icons.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base