Corp Mail Test 1

Corp Mail Test 1

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Search should not include Trash by default

When I do a search, the results include messages in my Trash. This is usually not very helpful (lots of deleted drafts, declined meetings, and stuff I put into Trash because I don't want to see it anymore). Can Trash be excluded from by default, with an option to additionally include items in Trash in search results?

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to filter ilists?

Yahoo Mail has no functionality that I can find (in regular mail) to filter on headers, and thus won't be able to filter ilists very well. Is that feature coming? If I can't filter ilists I will basically have a denial-of-service attack on my email. It won't be usable.

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Yahoo Mail supports filtering on subject, to, from and body keywords. Corp Mail has filters disabled because we are still on Exchange. Once we move off Exchange filters will be enabled in Yahoo Mail. For iLists the filter sent to iList will have to be used. We understand this may not handle the bcc: case. We are evaluating more advanced filter options in future. Regards,

3. Folder Pane Width

Some of my Subfolders or folders of subfolders can't be seen when expanded, is it possible to allow for adjusting the width of the folder pane?

12th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This will add complexity to the UI. Also with it comes requests to make it sticky etc. Also many of the UI patterns are based on some assumptions. This will break them introducing new kind of bugs. For example, the sender column width in conversation view only has two sender info for that reason. This might also have impact on the right rail ad position. How bad do you need this? Is scrolling not an option? At the end of the day we can allow stretching but there is a limit nevertheless. – mayukh

4. ability to attach emails in an email?

One of the benefits of Outlook is that it allows you to send emails as an attachment. This is a valuable feature because internal processes to recognize partner payments require that we attach the original email from the partner -- an email forward is not sufficient. It's also valuable when dealing with legal issues, since I can attach multiple emails in a single message. This is something Gmail could never do right. Can Yahoo Mail provide this?

10th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of this ask. I will connect with you offline to better understand the use case. Regards, Sumeet

5. Porting over outlook/exchange contacts

Hello - we need a way to export our outlook/exchange contacts into Yahoo mail.

12th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Right Preview Pane for Corporate Email

Right preview pane is disabled and makes me inconvenient to see the mail preview. I was using outlook so far and recently opted for Yahoo mail for Corporate. Do not want to use the mail preview on the bottom. Why mail preview pane on the right is disabled on corporate email?

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Right preview pane isn’t disabled for corporate users. It’s disabled at smaller screen sizes. If your screen is to narrow to fit all the elements needed for side preview pane, then that option is grayed out.Thanks,Kevin

7. Subfolders

I'm happy to see my subfolders transferred over this time, but I can't create NEW subfolders in current folders. Do we have a tutorial on how to do this, if available? and if not - a timeline when this will happen? This is a big part of managing client projects and keeping organized.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand this ask. At this time you have to create the subfolder in Outlook/Exchange and then it will be synced to your Corp Mail account. We are tracking the ask for creating subfolders in the future. Thank you for the feedback. Regards,

8. Copying & pasting tables on the body of an email

How can I paste an image or even a table from excel to the body of an email? Also, I don't even see a capability to add a table within email like you can in outlook.
    Thanks.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. The team is working on enabling pasting images inline in Q3. For tables please paste the excel table in the compose window and it should work. Regards, Sumeet

9. Group Emails in Inbox by Date

I'd like to have email grouping by day in the inbox. This helps me quickly get to an email especially for looking emails that came in yesterday and today.

Similar to Outlook, the dividers can be "Today", "Yesterday", "Monday", ..."Last Week", "2 Weeks Ago", etc.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of this ask. Due to timelines and priorities this is not expected to be available in Q3. However it is something we will reevaluate for our future release. Regards, Sumeet

10. After an invite is accepted / declined, please automatically delete it from the Inbox.

After I take an action on a meeting invite (open the message, and click Accept, Maybe, or Decline for the RSVP), please instantly move the invite from my Inbox to the Trash folder.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. One of the reasons it is in the inbox is to search previous invitations, and be able to forward it to other people. Regards, Sumeet

11. "Reply all" to all participants invited to a meeting (event) from calendar view

One common task is following-up with colleagues after a meeting. Right now, there is no way to send a message to all participants in a meeting (event) from the calendar view. It would be useful to "Reply all" from the event screen on this page and open a new e-mail that is addressed to all participants.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. The team is working to provide this functionality in the near future Q3/Q4. Regards,

12. auto categorization of emails

I like how Gmail does the auto filtering of emails into categories (social, promotions, inbox) and auto marks important emails within each category. Having a similar thing for Yahoo mail would be a great value addition as it would filter out the "noise" of emails which don't require immediate attention. Also, we can make a separate privacy policy for promotional emails for mining them more effectively to target ads on the basis of what promotional emails the user receives (has subscribed to)

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. The team is looking into options for categorization and labeling in future. Regards.

13. create calendar item from email.

sometimes, i want to create a calendar reminder from items in my inbox. this was possible with outlook please bring this feature into webmail.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. One way to create reminder is go to the Todos in Calendar. This is available in production Yahoo Mail and will be enabled in Corpmail in future.

14. .msg reader

Can we allow yahoo mail to read and display .msg files? Over the years I've amassed several .msg files that I use to archive or save important emails. Once we remove Outlook.exe I presume these files will not open in any other application? Its important we have a way to open and manipulate these .msg archives which may contain entire strings of emails with associated attachments saved for future use.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The recommendation would be to save those files into a special folder in Outlook and transfer them over to Exchange. Please see this doc for transferring – http://tiny.corp.yahoo.com/onqGZg. Then they will be synced to your Yahoo Mail account and available in future when Exchange is shutdown. We do not plan to support .msg file in the near future. Regards,

15. Work appropriate ads

I get that we have ads in corp mail. Considering that @yahoo-inc.com will be for internals only, is there a way to filter ads so they're more work appropriate?

There are times that I either get a massive scrolling ad with "Sunnyvale Single Men!" in bold letters, a massive pregnancy test ad, or another ad for permanent birth control. It's probably targeted for my gender/age demographic, but they don't represent my searches. They're jarring if my screen is open during meetings and presentations.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michelle,We won’t be able to block certain ads from internal users, but we will be releasing a tool internally next week that will allow you to block an ad and give your feedback on it. Starting next week some time, you should be able to hover on a right rail display (not moneyball) ad and get a small “X” above the ad. Clicking that will allow you to provide feedback and “should” block the ad from serving for you again for 30 days. Keep in mind this is in testing so it may not work perfectly all the time and you can only block about 100 ads.ThanksKevin

16. Allow search within a particular folder only

I know there's a mail in a specific folder that I need to find and I want to search just within that folder - but I can't figure out a way to limit search just to that folder, so instead I end up searching every piece of mail which is very inefficient. Pls allow search within a specific folder (and sub-folders) as well as across all my mail.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Angela, There is a way to do this today. You can either use Advanced Search which is in the drop down search box and select Folder: Inbox (or any other folder) or you can simply ad in:Inbox to your query. Thanks, Kevin

17. Hurts my eyes

I'm not sure if it's the colors or the contrast, but using corp mail just hurts my eyes. I have a different theme set for my personal email, but the purple color scheme makes it very hard to read anything and it is painful.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. You can click the image icon in the bottom left and select another them. It includes the default production light white background theme.

18. What if I am not connect to the internet??

What is the alternative other than my phone? Phone is the only alternative I can think of but the functionality is rather limited.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time Internet access is required to connect to Yahoo Mail. For offline, you can use the Mail app on your phone or Yahoo Mail in future.

19. access to open an attachment

When I went to download an excel attachment it requested to download first. I then had to select the type of program to run off of, excel was not an option. I tried adobe and word still nothing worked. I went to outlook and it was right there, easy to open and I was able to drag and drop it onto my desktop. Is there an easier way to open attachments then downloading them first? This is not the first time I've had to revert back to Outlook to open a basic word/excel attachment.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. I am unable to reproduce this issue. On my Mac when I download an excel file it opens with Excel from the download folder. One option you could try is next time it ask for type of program, see if you can search for Excel on your computer elsewhere (browse to applications folder) and check box to always open by default in that application.

20. How to forward a meeting invite?

How can we forward a meeting invite to someone from our calendar? I do not see that as an option when I open the event on my calendar.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. Currently you have to see the original invite message in the inbox and click forward on it. The team is working to enable it from the calendar event.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Corp Mail Test 1

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base