UK Search Desktop

We appreciate your feedback on how to improve the quality of Yahoo Search. Please note that this is a forum for Yahoo Search users to share their ideas on how to improve the product, not a support forum.

Support: help with the Search product or having trouble accessing your account

Thank you for taking the time to provide your Search product feedback, we are listening!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve your Search experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Restrict the search to my SPECIFIC subject, and DO NOT take me to other answers

Answer ONLY the specific request instead of taking the answer to every other area that may only be vaguely related

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  I have a suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please bring back the feature that allows one to filter search results to "the web", "UK only" and "Ireland only"

Please bring back the feature that allows one to filter search results to "the web", "UK only" and "Ireland only"

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  I have a problem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please take off interndiy.com.

I own it through 123Reg. I have deleted it from the internet.
    Thank you.

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove Yahoo from my laptop

I want to remove Yahoo from my laptop

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I

i have new way for the mobile phone personal security.
    Also i have invent new amazing way to protect the planes from been
    make crash.and other good idears that would help all people in the
    world.-trust me iam a scientist.and could prove what i said.
    my phone number +249912401390-+249928313731-Sudan Darfur

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  I have a suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I search from an Ireland Yahoo site it should allow me to select Irish sites

When I search from an Ireland Yahoo site it should allow me to select Irish sites as priority. At the moment when I do a search it automatically goes to .com or co.uk sites? no good when your looking for local items you should be able to select ,ie preference

24th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  What I dislike  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. new tab is focused after Ctrl

Until your last site update, I can click with Ctrl key on any link and new tab will be opened, but focus stay on the result page. Please give me back this feature (it's expected behaviour). Thanks

24th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How about bringing back the UK site only button. Sick of getting results from US companies.

Have a search filter that gives only UK website rather than both US and UK. will stop so much useless clutter that seems to be Yahoo's feature.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  What I dislike  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hi mrs Sharon kandel

Dear lovely Sister in Christ
    aim Stephen Gatbel Pal from Western Gambella Bethel synod children's & Youths Ministry Departments
    for what i want to give you is thank and happiness because our lord's raising up from Death we are in celebration secondly for the last three month ago we were discuss abaut the big problem of my synod in gambella we have a problem of keyboard or Piano now we ask you if you are still to find or you are stil to run it

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop the drop down suggestions in a search, it covers all the top results and renders Yahoo absolutely useless!

Stop the drop down suggestions in a search, it covers all the top results and renders Yahoo absolutely useless!

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. yourdining great you need no help lol

you need no help .your doin ok

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pulverising defunk mobile phones is wasteful: they contain gold which charities would love to have. I wish you'd stop doing it.

OK I'm a spoilsport but I'd like you to take the moral high ground and give away fewer prizes than the current tens of thousands' worth and donate the balance to local schools and/or communities for tech

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why do you keep changing your formats! Now you have changed to an AWFUL layout for the football reviews, bring back the OLD format

Go back to the old NEWS and SPORTS formats. Whoever designed the new football layout should be sacked. STOP KEEP ALTERING FORMATS when there is nothing wrong with the old ones !!!

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. if you can't view previous posts you've made how can you have a meaningful debate?

if we are not able to easily search and view our previous posts, it becomes impossible to hold a meaningful debate about anything. If you cannot look up your posts and view other peoples comments on them how can you challenge ideas and rectify your own ideas if you find you are wrong? The new format is closing down debate when it should be promoting it. Please return to the old format or simply enable us to easily find our posts, check the responses and reply appropriately.

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. why do you oblige me to have a 2nd email account and then close it down because I don't use it.

for security reasons yahoo requires a second email account in case you have a problem with the main one. I don't need 2 accounts, and I don't use it so every once in a while I get advised that they (yahoo) have closed my account because it is inactive...and then I have to make up a new account. Why do you do this? This is a waste of time.

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

UK Search Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base