Yahoo Messenger

Yahoo Messenger

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Messenger?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Download Conversation

Please give us an option to download an entire conversation from the archive (that is currently not available anymore). Many of us have great memories with the old Y!M where we chat with friends everyday, and some of us want to keep those memories. So, please give us an option to request an entire conversation that we had with another contact from the system. I'm sure many people will love it and I think it's been requested for a while now.

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please restore the little conversation/chat window on the email inbox page instead of the independent window

Please restore the little conversation/chat window on the email inbox page instead of the independent window

15th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please extend the time for us to retrieve the conversation history from the old Yahoo Messenger

I was overseas when the deadline to retrieve the old conversations history was given. I would like to retrieve some of my old conversation history...please let me know if i can still do this!!! Thanks.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Inprove Message status

make it possible or improve if a message is sent, received by the recipient and viewed by the recipient

use small icond and yes even the time of message status would be very nice

23rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I don’t have a option to update my settings on some in and review the user settings

I think you should have a link for updating your email account from your phone app instead of having to keep logging in your account to get to your settings to update your account because you don’t get the option of clicking agree. You only get the option to keep logging in

84th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. release Old Yahoo! Messager as Open Source

A fair number of people believe there is still considerable value in the previous incarnations of Yahoo! Messenger. Publishing the source code under an open source or free software license would allow its remaining value to at least be preserved.

There are a number of potential paths an open development community could take a project like that.

1. Retooled to connect to existing/remaining Yahoo! services and other open networks like XMPP.
    2. partially integrated with alternative services to replace deprecated ones (i.e. IRC to replace chat).
    3. Replication of discontinued services like file sharing, webcams, and possibly even legacy photo…

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 57th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Email notification of a new message in Yahoo Messenger?

Would it be possible to receive a notification in Yahoo Mail when someone sends you a message in Yahoo Messenger? Something like this used to happen before the new independant browser version of Messenger was launched. I thought it did to start with - or have I missed a setting?

91st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I want spell check in Messenger

I want spell check in messenger!

91st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More background photos, take ideas from facebook, hotmail, gmail and other frontline competitors.

Simply take ideas from other competitors and apply it for free otherwise it will be a failure for already suffering yahoo products. The same applies for other products as well. Also allow multiple forwards system as sify which google could not replicate.

91st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dear yahoo, I would like to give you a better suggestion, when you give access to the chat window it would be more better

hi I would like to give you best idea to increase yahoo business, why other sites are competing now, please understand the value of social website. Please note that if you allow access to the chat window like earlier it would be more friendly and create a lot of business than any other product in this world, I really love yahoo... but the sad part is you dont keep up your chat windows this is really annoying and its been for years where we missed yahoo friends and i use to have good friends all over the world through yahoo....…

61st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Invite all contacts

I can’t invite/include all of my contacts. There has to be a better way to include all contacts to the invitations.

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tons of things need to improve...

First and foremost, messages are delayed immensely across every platform. It doesn't matter if it's Messenger in Mail, the PC app, Android or iOS, sometimes messages aren't received until an hour or more after they were sent out. They are meant to be INSTANT messages, nothing about waiting an hour is "instant".

Secondly, there's no way to see if a user is online or signed in. While I can understand if this is meant to mimic text messaging, I could see if my text had been delivered and/or seen (which relates back to my first issue).

Third, the lack of…

38th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Put back IM chat conversation as on one of the search options in the yahoo Inbox

I had three customized Smart View folders in the Inbox of my email address to pull yahoo IM Chat conversation in the Inbox of this email address covering the period from May 2013 thru May 2015. It was user friendly to read and print in a readable format of messenger conversation from the Smart view of Yahoo mail. The display was nicely formatted with date and time on the top right hand corner of yahoo IM chat page and down the page timelines and corresponding chat conversations. I have printed copy of these conversations right from the INBOX of the…

19th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Scroll to end button

This is absolutely insane that the conversation keeps scrolling up instead of automatically skipping to the last message!

61st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There should be a way to know if your friend is on line and a better sound notification.

There should be a way to know if your friend is on line and a better sound notification.

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Do drag and drop file / attachment file option

Could you add function on yahoo messenger of Drag and Drop File / Attached File like Word, PDF, Excel and PPT?

57th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 40th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notifications after unblocking

automatically re-establish IM notifications when blocked person is unblocked. PLEASE

77th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Customized Smart view suggestion

1. Let user search old and new Messenger chat conversation in the Inbox of yahoo mail and save it in Smart view .
    2. Let user customize their own Smart view

35th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Messenger

Feedback and Knowledge Base