Yahoo Messenger

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Messenger?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I am NOT ABLE TO DELETE CONTACTS IN NEW YAHOO MESSENGER. i HAVE TRIED USING YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ON HELP PAGE, BUT STILL CANNOT DELETE CONTACTS

MAKE A BETTER INSTRUCTION LIST . I AM NOT ABLE TO DELETE CONTACTS IN YAHOO MESSENGER 2017. SOME IDIOT FROM EGYPT HACKED MY EMAIL LAST WEEK AND CHANGED MY PASSWORD. I LOOKED AT MY YAHOO MESSENGER AND THERE WERE TONS OF CONTACTS I DID NOT PUT THERE. HOW DO I DELETE THESE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  753 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bring back cam and voice. why was it removed

to be able to talk on messenger like before and have video

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  43 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. discontinue the new one and start the old messenger

discontinue the new one...Horrible. Introduce the old one

23rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 15th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 21st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Put a sound back on messenger so you know when womeone is trying to reach you. Do not like the new messenger. Also need to be able to use

Put sound feature on new messenger so you know when someone is trying to reach you. Also put feature to use camera & voice on it. New messenger stinks. Bring back the old or improve the new.

29th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Video and voice chat

Why did you do away with the video chat services, both text and voice and when will those features be added back. That was the best feature in yahoo messenger. I always found it very pleasant to be able to see those with whom I was chatting and now those wonderful features which prompted me to want to use yahoo messenger in the first place are gone.

24th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 33rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unique Customisation! And singular Chat screens!

The old MSN/Yahoo Messenger layouts were GREAT! Especially in terms of being able to pick font/colour and see each chat as a single screen.And in turn being able to choose the backgrounds and colours of the chat window for each chat, giving each person you spoke to a unique visual experience on the screen. The customisation of being able to choose the sounds of each message was wonderful as well. I hate the new boring bubble text layout of every single IM service available. The new Yahoo Messenger is almost IDENTICAL to Facebook Messenger which is a real downer. Customisation…

44th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. NEW YAHOO MESSENGER SUCKS!!!

How dare you call this a messenger, I have had this since the day I had to download it, because you said the old one wasn't going to work after a certain date. But since that date, I haven't even seen anyone online. So either this new Yahoo messenger doesn't work, or you got rid of the ability to see when a friend is online. Either way this is the worse Messenger program I have seen, and haven't been able to use since downloading. Bring back the old style messenger like most of the other messenger programs are like. And…

52nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 30th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide a simple way to delete contacts and names/email addresses on my messenger list from emails sent and received

A delete option for contacts and names/email addresses on my messenger lst from emails send and received.

30th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 33rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it possible to delete unwanted contacts

been trying for months to delete unwanted contacts, still no further forward

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 52nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Emoticons

The emoticons in Desktop and Web version definitely must be bigger. And Yahoo must create their own icons and not to use the system ones because they are different for every operating system.

52nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In the old messenger we were able to have a real time video chat. Why is this not available with this version?

The old version allowed us to have a real time video chat with friends. Why is that not available with this new version?

10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  22 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. i cant see mail id of my contact list only user name show there. please fix the problem

Please show the mail id with username, if someone is not coming on messenger it will help to send a mail to him/her to be connected.

35th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 44th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please bring back old messenger...or at least add features

Please bring back old messenger...or at least add some features back

Yahoo i hope you read this...everyone is asking for the old program back

if you could even be able to bring back some key features i think it would make a world of difference

such as VIDEO CALLING...BEING INVISIBLE...and STEALTH SETTINGS so i am only visible to select people

the change was to much to fast...please many people if not all use the above listed features...and i never know when friends are online no bolding of the name or icon or anything...so i gotta guess if their online

35th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base