Yahoo Messenger

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Messenger?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I am NOT ABLE TO DELETE CONTACTS IN NEW YAHOO MESSENGER. i HAVE TRIED USING YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ON HELP PAGE, BUT STILL CANNOT DELETE CONTACTS

MAKE A BETTER INSTRUCTION LIST . I AM NOT ABLE TO DELETE CONTACTS IN YAHOO MESSENGER 2017. SOME IDIOT FROM EGYPT HACKED MY EMAIL LAST WEEK AND CHANGED MY PASSWORD. I LOOKED AT MY YAHOO MESSENGER AND THERE WERE TONS OF CONTACTS I DID NOT PUT THERE. HOW DO I DELETE THESE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  765 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 95th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customized Smart view suggestion

1. Let user search old and new Messenger chat conversation in the Inbox of yahoo mail and save it in Smart view .
    2. Let user customize their own Smart view

78th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put back IM chat conversation as on one of the search options in the yahoo Inbox

I had three customized Smart View folders in the Inbox of my email address to pull yahoo IM Chat conversation in the Inbox of this email address covering the period from May 2013 thru May 2015. It was user friendly to read and print in a readable format of messenger conversation from the Smart view of Yahoo mail. The display was nicely formatted with date and time on the top right hand corner of yahoo IM chat page and down the page timelines and corresponding chat conversations. I have printed copy of these conversations right from the INBOX of the…

72nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Just bring the old Messenger back this one is B AWFUL

Yahoo Messenger I think you know everybody just wants the Old Messenger back what is not broken does not need fixing!!!!!!

86th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 100th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. function

Please return the features that made the old yahoo messenger so good! You have made this more like facebook messenger (which is rubbish and we dont need another one).

1) Being able to format text and change font colour easily
    2) An easy to navigate message archive where each contacts messages are stored chronologically and searchable by message content or date.
    Am I correct in understanding that the new yahoo does save messages...but as one unsearchable big block of messages that must be scrolled through without even being able to select a date? No option to save conversations? Useless.
    3)…

39th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update Messenger

Despite everybody hating on the new Messenger when it was launched, I was optimistic. Yes, the new messenger was missing a heap of features that the old one had, so why was I optimistic?
    Because it was clear as day that the old messenger had been dead for years. It was never updated and it was clear as day yahoo had no desire to keep it going.
    The new Messenger represented a chance for yahoo to improve messenger, to be modern, agile, and update it into a great product.

And then time happened. And from an end user perspective, it…

78th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. bring back cam and voice. why was it removed

to be able to talk on messenger like before and have video

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  49 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Alternative Quick Solution to broken Messenger Conversation Archive tool

The Messenger Conversation Archive tool hasn’t been working the way it was expected for almost a year or so. It has been a useless tool and it does nothing other than showing blank window.

I suggest to put back ‘IM’ as it was in the earlier yahoo classic mail version in the search engine as one of the search options while yahoo tech staff figuring out how to fix the problem with Conversation Archive tool so that users can search the new and old IM chat conversations and save it as Smart View and view their conversation in the Inbox…

86th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. discontinue the new one and start the old messenger

discontinue the new one...Horrible. Introduce the old one

19th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Yahoo voice would be a really handy tool in this messenger

The older versions had Voice along with chat rooms and away to add people on their list on the messenger by applying their email address which has proved to be better by far compared to the new messenger the way it is now adding people to any list is a great chore, basically this messenger is not inviting at all.

72nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why can't we get an alert when we receive a message from one of our contacts? Is it really that difficult to fix that?

Why can't we get an alert when we receive a message from one of our contacts? Is it really that difficult to fix that?

86th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can I have the choice to language option in installation?

I think there ought to be an option which language to use/install in yahoo messenger. Thank you.

86th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. NEW YAHOO MESSENGER SUCKS!!!

How dare you call this a messenger, I have had this since the day I had to download it, because you said the old one wasn't going to work after a certain date. But since that date, I haven't even seen anyone online. So either this new Yahoo messenger doesn't work, or you got rid of the ability to see when a friend is online. Either way this is the worse Messenger program I have seen, and haven't been able to use since downloading. Bring back the old style messenger like most of the other messenger programs are like. And…

25th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How about someone from Yahoo actually responding to the mountain of venom towards messenger

Dear Yahoo. (Assuming Yahoo still exists by the time someone reads this. Unlikely given the clear path to self destruction Yahoo is traveling and the apparent lack of attention these suggestions get)

The sheer volume of well earned hate directed at Yahoo, and in particular towards the new messenger. should warrant some comment from Yahoo. Customer recovery is part of any good business's mode of operations. And, clearly, there is a lot of customer recovery to do. The same "top issues" have been here for well over a year yet none have been addressed by improvements in the product and…

95th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reactivate the old Yahoo messenger app

I forwarded this to Tim Armstrong the new CEO Verizon has installed to oversee both AOL and Yahoo under the Oath banner. The thing which continues to amaze me is that the old AOL messenger, AIM, is still up and running virtually unchanged from what it was 10 years ago. Compared to the old Yahoo messenger from 10 years ago, it was functionally useless as it still is today but it exists while the old Yahoo messenger it could not even come close to competing with is no longer available.
    Sent from my iPad

On Aug 23, 2017, at 8:37…

41st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Update it for iOS 11

I have sent multiple requests to help on twitter but yahoo does not respond and update for iOS 11 is required and I can not use the app until it is updated, what is going on with Yahoo?

95th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Yahoo decides which language which is very irritating. It also offers NO way 2 change the language which is stupid. I'll have to uninstall

Add an option for language download, instead of deciding what language I speak due to the area I am in.

78th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 22nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Messenger

Feedback and Knowledge Base