Yahoo Messenger

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Messenger?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I am NOT ABLE TO DELETE CONTACTS IN NEW YAHOO MESSENGER. i HAVE TRIED USING YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ON HELP PAGE, BUT STILL CANNOT DELETE CONTACTS

MAKE A BETTER INSTRUCTION LIST . I AM NOT ABLE TO DELETE CONTACTS IN YAHOO MESSENGER 2017. SOME IDIOT FROM EGYPT HACKED MY EMAIL LAST WEEK AND CHANGED MY PASSWORD. I LOOKED AT MY YAHOO MESSENGER AND THERE WERE TONS OF CONTACTS I DID NOT PUT THERE. HOW DO I DELETE THESE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  763 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bring back cam and voice. why was it removed

to be able to talk on messenger like before and have video

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  48 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. discontinue the new one and start the old messenger

discontinue the new one...Horrible. Introduce the old one

21st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. NEW YAHOO MESSENGER SUCKS!!!

How dare you call this a messenger, I have had this since the day I had to download it, because you said the old one wasn't going to work after a certain date. But since that date, I haven't even seen anyone online. So either this new Yahoo messenger doesn't work, or you got rid of the ability to see when a friend is online. Either way this is the worse Messenger program I have seen, and haven't been able to use since downloading. Bring back the old style messenger like most of the other messenger programs are like. And…

30th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. function

Please return the features that made the old yahoo messenger so good! You have made this more like facebook messenger (which is rubbish and we dont need another one).

1) Being able to format text and change font colour easily
    2) An easy to navigate message archive where each contacts messages are stored chronologically and searchable by message content or date.
    Am I correct in understanding that the new yahoo does save messages...but as one unsearchable big block of messages that must be scrolled through without even being able to select a date? No option to save conversations? Useless.
    3)…

57th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 22nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 15th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reactivate the old Yahoo messenger app

I forwarded this to Tim Armstrong the new CEO Verizon has installed to oversee both AOL and Yahoo under the Oath banner. The thing which continues to amaze me is that the old AOL messenger, AIM, is still up and running virtually unchanged from what it was 10 years ago. Compared to the old Yahoo messenger from 10 years ago, it was functionally useless as it still is today but it exists while the old Yahoo messenger it could not even come close to competing with is no longer available.
    Sent from my iPad

On Aug 23, 2017, at 8:37…

53rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 26th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Put a sound back on messenger so you know when womeone is trying to reach you. Do not like the new messenger. Also need to be able to use

Put sound feature on new messenger so you know when someone is trying to reach you. Also put feature to use camera & voice on it. New messenger stinks. Bring back the old or improve the new.

28th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unique Customisation! And singular Chat screens!

The old MSN/Yahoo Messenger layouts were GREAT! Especially in terms of being able to pick font/colour and see each chat as a single screen.And in turn being able to choose the backgrounds and colours of the chat window for each chat, giving each person you spoke to a unique visual experience on the screen. The customisation of being able to choose the sounds of each message was wonderful as well. I hate the new boring bubble text layout of every single IM service available. The new Yahoo Messenger is almost IDENTICAL to Facebook Messenger which is a real downer. Customisation…

44th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Video and voice chat

Why did you do away with the video chat services, both text and voice and when will those features be added back. That was the best feature in yahoo messenger. I always found it very pleasant to be able to see those with whom I was chatting and now those wonderful features which prompted me to want to use yahoo messenger in the first place are gone.

24th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Features I'd like to have

Please add the following features from previous version:
    In chat File transfers
    gif Embedding from URLs
    voice and video chat
    status indicators (away, busy, invisible, etc)
    Chat rooms
    The ability to right-click on contacts and have options like delete, block etc.
    "Buzz" button to alert chat recipients
    Audio Emoticons

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm glad you made a desktop app but it has a long way to go to match the original.

62nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 27th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 31st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 86th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Many from a long term user

1. Sound on Phones; Make it so we can use our device sounds... some of us cannot hear your sound or at least add a note or text type ding.

2. Photos: Have them save to camera roll

3. If someone is online, add it under the name.

4. Keep up with the vibers and whatsapp and others.. if you dont.. well there will be no reason to have a yahoo account period. The choice is yours to be a leader or be a follower. The new version is more stable, but small changes like i listed above wont destroy…

71st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a simple way to delete contacts and names/email addresses on my messenger list from emails sent and received

A delete option for contacts and names/email addresses on my messenger lst from emails send and received.

35th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 53rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 85th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base