Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

If your "update" include taking away thumbs and being able to see replies on news article comments, you've made a HUGE mistake!!

This morning I discovered that I cannot see any replies to comments made on articles from your home page. The thumbs up and down have also been taken away. Do you people have any idea why we post comments? We interact with others. We might argue, we might agree, but we're aren't commenting just to comment and be done with it. You have already ruined Answers (long ago!!), and it looks as if you're **** bent on ruining your entire site! You're pushing people away. Not one of my family members uses Yahoo for their email anymore. I've stuck with mine because it's a huge pain to change it. Do you really like having people run from Yahoo? That's exactly what you're doing! Just STOP. Bring back the format you had, so we can actually comment to each other (and SEE the comments to us!) and bring back the thumbs.

51st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You just like bi#$@#ing. That is the whole point of the thumbs down. So what if you don't like something. Deal with it.

• mikemike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Besides no thumbs downing, I can't even retrieve "my comments section" any help here??

• RayRay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This heart thing is garbage but I've seen this happen before. The next thing Yahoo will do is get rid of the comment sections. Yahoo doesn't care about readers. They care about advertisers. Time to move on. I'm sick unto death of Yahoo's stupid changes on their front page.

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The deletion of thumbs up/down and removal of said counts from previous postings has got to be one of the most idiotic ideas Yahoo has put in place. How on Earth are you to be in a discussion when you can't find the original posting? Bad Yahoo, bad puppy.

• mEmE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

20 year Yahoo user here, and this is the last straw. Moving to G-mail.

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wholeheartedly agree. Who the **** needs to post GIFs? How about a handy function like an 'Edit' button. God these people are imbeciles.

• MeMe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep. Yahoo is now no different than the 100's of other ad-driven news sites. At least Google provides a clean search page. I removed Yahoo as the home page from my kids computers since it was creating more headaches than the benefit of them getting a touch of news each day.

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was the last straw for me. Dumped my email addresses, ported my email to a gmail account and changed my home page. Had to go and change all my billing emails as well, but it was worth the effort to finally cut Yahoo loose. The news and comments and the ability to thumb up or down a post were the only thing keeping me on Yahoo. The little trending meters are annoying as well. I have been using yahoo since its inception...but I guess all things eventually come to an end.

Feedback and Knowledge Base