Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 197th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need a source shown with mouse hover:

I have removed huffington post from the news feeds, yet you

display stories with no source, & I click & some are huffington

post. I do not wish to support huffington post, not even by

accident. You need where with a mouse hover, it tells you the

news organization, so one can decide to support them.

184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add a kids section

To help maintain your shrinking audience, start catering to a younger audience. Your adaptability will certainly force yahoo out of business in a few years.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I prefer to read the stories, not watch videos. If I wanted to watch the video Id click on it. But no!!! You force the videos on me! Sick!!

Give me back my option on video. I read half the story, a video starts and I have to scroll around looking for the video to shut it off! Just had one experience where the video couldn't be found. Very frustrating!

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SAVING ARTICLES TO VIEW LATER

Create an article save folder, much like facebook. I often come across a number of interesting articles on yahoo, but cannot find upon returning later, with the rotation constantly changing.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. change basketball on homepage.its over. let us decide what sport should be highlighted

change basketball on homepage. let us pick what sport ? baseball is here, basketball is over

233rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 233rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back "Dear Abby."

Bring back "Dear Abby."

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Where is the story on James Comey?

Where is the story on James Comey?

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More "Feel Good" human interest, non-celebrity, non-political stories please!

Yahoo used to carry more feel good stories before the 2016 campaign heated up. Lots of comments in yesterday's CBS story you carried about the lunch stealing labs had people saying they wanted more. We all can use the reprieve from the constant political and celebrity stories. We can all use stories about regular people like us doing nice things. Please consider adding MORE upbeat content like about the dogs or the boy in foster care who wants to be adopted. We're overloaded with the famous!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/a966dabe-957c-30a3-8b38-04cc2c03cdc0/dogs-steal-mail-carrier%27s.html?messageId=1d91ecab-2313-4802-8cff-022fba03e9f5&replyId=fc8a8653-8952-4e26-b95f-65458f8f3399&bcmt=1

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please vet anyone who leaves comments by making it a requirement they have a real working phone number. This would stop 50% of the Russians.

If you make having a real working phone number a requirement to leave comments then you can throttle the amount of fake accounts posting on yahoo. The huge number of Russian and international trolls create an issue with people. Please implement comment security better so that at least we can know you tried something to make it harder for automated bots and paid spies to sway public opinion.

233rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back the local weather numbers. I don't need sports nor zodiac "news".

Bring back the local weather temps on my yahoo home page. I don't want sports scores or the astrology junk. Yahoo keeps getting worse.

212th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The top article today on your homepage from "The Blast" is bordering on *****. You do realize that don't you?

I suggest you pretend your children are able to look at your home page when you post these pictures.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove the comments to every single Yahoo Post. BBC articles don't have comment areas for their articles. Why provide a forum for hatred?

Remove the ability to comment. If someone wishes to complain, let them do it with full transparency of who they are vs allowing trolls to feed this hatred for every single subject.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring back Messenger!!!!

I miss my friends.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. You have a "like/heart" button. How about a REMOVE/Dislike button? I'm sick of seeing the same celebrity babble day after day!!

I want a REMOVE/Dislike BUTTON!!! Enough babble about celebrities that mean nothing to me!!

25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Why notify me about replies to my comment, then give me a link that doesn't go to them? I can't ever follow up.

The link in the notifications i get when someone replies to my comment just takes me to the article comment section, sorted by most popular. The odds that will be me when there are thousands of comments is almost nothing. and i don't have the time to scroll through thousands of entries. It is very frustrating to be told i have a response to my comment that I can never read or reply to.

184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable Coil for monetizing Yahoo! and for those of us that use it, DROP EVERY SINGLE "partner" "sponsored" and display ad.

Coil is changing the way sites monetize their content. I used to love Yahoo! but the pervasive sponsor articles are making your frontpage unreadable. I don't click them and have to wade through them. Contact coil.com and see about enabling the extension so that those of us using it can contribute funds to the site while reading and not be bothered by the ads. This is how content creators will be funded in the future. Be the future. (While simultaneously discontinuing the display of the drivel that is threatening to drive away long time users like myself.)

167th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to make a poll so people can vote in the group chat

Be able to make a poll so everyone in the group can vote on it !!!!!

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base