Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shaded background for Sponsored content on Yahoo.com

When scrolling through the news headlines on Yahoo.com, users often encounter many Sponsored items. Please give these items a slightly shaded background (such as beige or gray), so that when scrolling through the page, users can easily discern which stories are actual news items and which are sponsored content.

306th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the comments section. Don't be Fascists.

Bring back the comments section. Quit being Fascist publishers.

440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. turn the ******* comments back on

not a single person is happy with removing the comments and thus silencing our opinions. Turn them back on. I'll stop using yahoo for my mail or news until you do so.

440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Yahoo Comments

Don't understand why the comments section was removed. Bad business and I guess I will go to MSN or any other news page that allows you to make comments. Who ever made the change should be fired.

440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back the local weather numbers. I don't need sports nor zodiac "news".

Bring back the local weather temps on my yahoo home page. I don't want sports scores or the astrology junk. Yahoo keeps getting worse.

440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Entertainment

How about a yahoo comedy page? Or something that helps search for local events like theater, comedy, flea markets, festivals, concerts. Currently your idea of entertainment page is kardashian and swift and magnolia and duggar material. I want to see things that I can attend. High school plays, basketball games, ice hockey, something that helps me find events that are coming up or even today. Everyone knows how to tell what is on tv or at the theater, but when is the next psychic medium, aura reader, wine and paint night, cooking class, photography class, zumba class, comedy night, musical,…

290th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Howabout you stop spreading malicious lies about our great President and start reportin real news not fake news

How about you stop spreading malicious lies about our great President and start reporting real news not fake news.

489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Put the comments back.

Bet the comments will be back after the election when Trump wins again!!!

489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Why Yahoo.com news page removed comments recently?It is not ok if cat can't express opinion "miau"

Why yahoo removed comments opinion? it not nice if fluffy one can't express opinion :)

489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Is Yahoo effecting the elections

No opinions are being allowed in the comment section! Does this mean that Yahoo is favoring the communist and racist republican party over democrats to effect how the elections go? Yahoo was already doing that when they intentionally allowed republicans to make death threats against democrats and society and they did nothing about that! Seems Yahoo will do anything they can to turn this country communist by favoring republicans!

489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. who is going to the first yahoo analist to pick apart the presidents speech tonight?

God bless America! Which one? If God was blessing us there would be no virus in the first place.

489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back Yahoo! Maps

They were my go-to for estimating travel distance, often providing a more accurate time (and route!) than MapQuest (which has a terrible user experience) or even AAA. I also used Yahoo Maps often for seeing where a business is located, if I have the address but not the major intersection nearby. Lastly, in my work I have customers all over the country, and I would use Yahoo! Maps to identify the nearest large city or how far apart they were from one another.
    Please, bring it back!

489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Turn off comments all all news stories.

If Yahoo! cared AT ALL about the US, comments would be disabled on news stories. It's a breeding ground for hate, only. There is never any productive discussion. Is THIS what you guys wanted for your site? Because Yahoo! is used as a portal site for so many, users from all demographics are thrown together. Did you really think that you were providing a "safe space" for people with differing philosophies to come together and find some common ground? Quite the contrary. Yahoo! has done nothing but provide multiple battlegrounds that are (intentionally or unintentionally) designed to encourage and foster…

489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please use closed captioning, even if it's lousy auto-captioning

Closed captioning on videos would be great, please. I know that the sources don't always provide the captioning, but when they're clips from TV news, they really should. IF GMA and local news channels want their clips to have global exposure on Yahoo!, then it should be part of their deal with you that they include the captions they were required to provide when they were on the air.

There is software in existence now, too, that will do an auto-caption; it's generally a pretty poor caption compared to having a trained person do it, but it's better than nothing…

489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back Messenger!!!!

I miss my friends.

346th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. NSFW Filter on newsfeed and ads

Can we get a filter so that certain times of the day, ads/commercials and articles that have scantily clad folks (this affects/applies to both genders) and certain racy topics won't show up?

This way, those of us who are at work, don't have to run the risk of running into them?

346th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Getting sick and tired of the constant Trump Hatred articles.

STOP posting Trump hatred articles. Getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!

563rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base