Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Getting rid of blatant propaganda outlets, like the "National Interest"

For the longest time, Yahoo has carried articles from the "National Interest" on its front page. It is not hidden that the National Interest is a pro-military, pro guns, pro Israel, highly right wing publication.

While it is perfectly okay to carry random representing all sides, Yahoo has made a religion of carrying a "national Interest" article on a daily basis, which now sounds like quite a bit more than a "random" or even fair selection. Take a look at this article below. It basically outlines how should Israel start a nuclear war:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/61ff4fd0-c627-3a72-a24c-7e33c561b8b5/ss_3-reasons-israel-would-start.html

The point of my objection is:…

237th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Obsession with Nancy Pelosi

Is Yahoo based in California? What is the obsession with Nancy Pelosi? How many articles do I have to read about her doing what President Trump doesn't want her to do? It's always the same story but with a different way of putting it. Please stop!

208th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. no gay!!

I don't want to see any GAY stuff

227th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please allow us to block subject matter that is offensive to us

Why are there GUN articles on my home page - appearing for the first time today!!!? I am vehemently anti-gun and can't find a way to block them from my page. I'll give it until the weekend before I never return to this page (after 25 years of it being my home page)

138th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Are you honestly OK with your writers using the term "AF" in your headlines? You should be ashamed and embarrassed.

When you allow your writers to use the term "AF" (as ****) in your headlines, it makes your entire company less credible.

151st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. If you don't stop all of these ads for ad blockers bombarding my screen, I am leaving Yahoo for good.

I have been a loyal Yahoo user since the 1990's, but it if you don't stop all of the ads for ad blockers bombarding my screen, I am leaving Yahoo for good.

192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There needs to be an easier way to see reply's and old comments.

There needs to be an easier and more efficient way to see reply's, likes, and a person's old comments. Yahoo lists "reactions" and "comments." Before adding "reactions" one can easily click "my comments," and all the comments would pop up. But I can't do it with "reactions." Your notification bell thingy is horrible. I barely get notified of any of my comments.

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 219th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. High tech, Low brow--Yahoo's homepage just gets trashier and trashier

The homepage for Yahoo has been sinking for years, and continues to do so. I hope this is not a reflection of the quality of the American reading public. Such a quick and steep decline is unimaginable!

I realize that the average reader is probably not even an adult, but even for those who aren't it is far hard to believe that their idea of entertainment is mindless fluff and scandal sheet articles that are the overwhelming norm on Yahoo.

Look in the mirror Yahoo--what do you see?

138th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. need a "report" feature for articles

We need a report feature for articles. There seems to be waaaaay too many articles that are completely biased and provide no facts. Case in point this recent article about a pregnant woman being shot and killed by a police officer. 1. she wasnt pregnant. 2. she had multiple warrants out for her arrest. and 3. she tried to take a officers taser and use it on him. All of this has been confirmed by the family and the police yet the editor of the article just sent out whatever he wanted. That writer/editor should have legal action taken upon…

237th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Equal Representation - Presidential Coverage

Please try not to bash out president so much, be more equal to both sides. I like to utilize Yahoo for news but am very sick of seeing all of the lopsided media coverage. I know for a matter of fact there are positives coming from the republican party and i also know for a fact there are negatives coming from the democratic party. I don't want to see negative only on the Democratic party but i'd like to see more equal representation of our president, give him a chance, he's doing a good job.

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Your website has NO ORGANIZATION! Why don't you categorize your context like every other website?

Go back to categories so I don't have to see headlines for the Kardashians on every other story!

121st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Comments section

I don't seem to be getting alerts when someone has replied on my comments on a story. I also can click on show replies and nothing shows up just a comment box and I don't need to comment on my own comment. Yahoo used to be really good and great working. But so many problems exist now, I don't get this on any other homepage of any kind.

110th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Will Yahoo please stop with the misandry?

It's so blatant and over the top that I can hardly even use the site. I've been coming here for years but the last few have become so blatantly full of your misandrist agenda, that its not fit to be called a news site anymore.

125th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop making me answer the "make yahoo my homepage" question multiple times daily.

give the option to "do not ask again". It's not rocket science It's common sense!

219th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cap your advertisers' tracking,

All of the excessive javascript from adds really makes my expirience UNENJOYABLE.

208th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. People should have to show their real name, to post a comment.

Make people show their real name when posting a comment. Might make people be a little more respectful of each other when they know they are not anonymous.

188th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improperly referenced (fake news / propaganda)

Many of your articles lack a reference to their original source. Some of the journalists cited lack a clear affiliation with a news organization. Your news aggregation should ensure that each article listed has a verified reference to a news source. This could be done through a gated check-in validation to have title of article to match title of article on referenced page, with an embedded (permanent) link to the original article.
    This would ensure that there is no 'fake news/ propaganda' that is masquerading as coming from a legitimate source.

Right now your articles may be real, they make…

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Does Yahoo! even read these "suggestions"?

For years I have read complaints about the lack of good News sources/articles and the constant click bait advertisements. Yahoo! used to be the go to source for legitimate news. Now what Yahoo! lists as news is mostly gossip and bias opinions. The constant celebrity "news", mostly the same non-celebrity celebrities, is a constant annoyance. As is the continuous push of articles reporting Twitter feedback. Twitter is NOT an accurate source for feedback or a way to prove popularity amongst Americans. If your users want to follow people on Twitter, they will do so on Twitter. I can honestly state…

112th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why are most of your news feeds from HuffPo? This is not a credible source of news. It's the leftist version of the National Enquirer.

Please allow users to control the news feed sources by deleting sources they find to be slanted or unreliable.

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base