Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To Web Developer: Block Level (not Inline) Elements, Please clear floats...

Hi, On Larger Displays (mine is 17"), there is a problem with the elements in the right column of the page floating over elements in the column in the center of the page. So, please make the elements "block" level (instead of "inline") and please clear the floats. Thanks! That should fix it.

232nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I see NO menu on yahoo.com home page on iPad!!!

I’m using my iPad and there’s no menu on the homepage so I can see any of the other some sides like finance

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back Yahoo Games!!!

Yahoo! Games were so popular back in the day and would still be today. Such a great variety of games and tournaments run 24/7 by some great sites. Bring these games back!

184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How about Real News at the top and enertainment **** at the bottom

Instead of purely liberal or purely entertainment stuff, how about Yahoo putting the real news stories of the day at the top, instead of just plain ****

232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Videos don't match articles

Why do you put videos with new articles, that have NOTHING to do with the article? It makes yahoo look stupid and makes us mad .

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Story from the site "Ice Pop" has a virus in it! A story about a "Henge" found in Ireland . When you click on "Next" it hijacks your compute

Virus hidden inside a news story on your site! When you click "next" it hijacks your computer!!! In a story by the "Ice Pop" website! A message pops up telling you to call a "Microsoft number" They try to get you to turn over your computer remotely to them! In a NEWS story??? Don't you scan these things before allowing them on your page?

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Philip,

If you can provide the exact story article and right click on the article title and select copy link address and provide that to us. That will allow us to make the appropriate changes to the article.

Regards,
    Homepage Support

7. the big background splash on the home page sucks ..

.. stop or i will be leaving ... very annoying and the flash when it jumps could cause epileptic seasures

210th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop requiring sign in every time

Every time I open my computer for the day, I'm required to sign in?? That should not be required on my computer. All other sites memorize my sign-in information.

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. STOP with the National Review ******** already. **** is less offensive than this **** . . . .

Stop running the National Review "stories". Machines that celebrate death and misery belong on Fox. You should be ashamed of yourselves for posting this stuff. I get that the USA has the strongest military in the world. But this **** you post "Don't Mess with (this) USA Jet" or "Why Nobody Messes WIth this USA Fighter/Navy/rocket/missile" appeals to violent, disconnected brain dead school shooters. Your audience deserves better content than this ****.

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bad loading a result of too many video boxes your site becomes useless to post comments offer feedback . I think it is clear you are perfect

Your spending the public's time with a bloated software load which is faulty to say the least . It spends more time loading onto your computer then does not finish the process because it is over worked as a result of a elaborate download. Google is used because they don't add all kinds of **** on the main page you decide what you want to see it is focused and Yahoo is not. It's not that i dislike your stories it is the complicated way it operates to load on a computer. I have a chromebook which is not as…

232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Move the post button away from the scroll bar so I stop accidentally posting half written posts

Move the post in comments button away from the scroll bar so I stop accidentally posting half written posts when I try to scroll

232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please use closed captioning, even if it's lousy auto-captioning

Closed captioning on videos would be great, please. I know that the sources don't always provide the captioning, but when they're clips from TV news, they really should. IF GMA and local news channels want their clips to have global exposure on Yahoo!, then it should be part of their deal with you that they include the captions they were required to provide when they were on the air.

There is software in existence now, too, that will do an auto-caption; it's generally a pretty poor caption compared to having a trained person do it, but it's better than nothing…

232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make yahoo chat room back

make yahoo chat room back again

232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 95th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Start reporting the actual news.

I have always used yahoo to get news from around the country and world. Yahoo has stopped reporting actual news and is spreading propaganda. Go back to the reporting non bias stories and let the reader make their own de

10th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. what happened to be able to control what was on the right side of the site?

I mean I lost the weather app but get to see the march madness Don't care about that but like to know if I should get up earlier if the weather is ******...

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. take the message scroll up to restore default view off

take the message scroll up to restore default view off

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. stop illegal bait and switch ads.

https://afternoondelightfulness.com/stallone from https://screenshots.firefox.com/11GJ7Zvnu3Wx655M/www.yahoo.com. Do you think Stallone won't sue? Do you think the FCC would help get this stopped? Don't tell me you have ads to keep yahoo free. If I submit, per your request, that the ads offend me then do as you promise and remove them from my profile. Pretending to care does not cut it. Do what you've said, remove these illegal ads and do better.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base