Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 304th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I prefer to read the stories, not watch videos. If I wanted to watch the video Id click on it. But no!!! You force the videos on me! Sick!!

Give me back my option on video. I read half the story, a video starts and I have to scroll around looking for the video to shut it off! Just had one experience where the video couldn't be found. Very frustrating!

218th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'M GETTING **** ******* TIRED OF HAVING TO GET A ******* CODE TO USE MY EMAIL EVERY ******* TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GETTING TIRED OF HAVING TO GET A CODE TO USE MY EMAIL EVERY *** TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

556th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Yahoo Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. drop half of the virse coverage. there is nothing news , No you are not listeing you may be reading

drop half of the virse coverage. there is nothing news , No you are not listeing you may be reading

460th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. stop making every g.d. article of news a g.d. clickbate slideshow p.o.s. please!!!!!

stop making every g.d. article of news a g.d. clickbate slideshow p.o.s. please!!!!!

136th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Yahoo! Petitions

My idea for Yahoo! is to have a petition page, site, and or link so people will not miss any important opportunities to help, such as cleaning the oceans or saving Mother Earth! There are a few petitions of mine that I would like you to make known to the public, and they are as follows:

1. YEAR-ROUND DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME IN TEXAS!

2. Demand an End to Dyeing Dogs'(AND Other Animals') Fur!

3. The Earth Is Crying! Demand A Ban On Paper/Plastic Straws and Use Stainless Steel Straws, NOW!!!

Thank you!

384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 242nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please stop using the same old photos year-after-year on the email log in pages!

Seeing the same pictures all the time for years during the email login sequence is disgusting!

460th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Yahoo Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I need to have a way to have the ads play silently. I need to have the sound on my computer on but when I go to check and article on Yahoo

Is there a way to make sound disabled for ads? I cannot turn computer sound off nor can I have loud ads blaring. Please offer a solution.

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 460th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Redundant “news” articles. Why the same articles over and over on the same feed?

This should be easy. Every few hours, have someone go through and remove duplicate articles, and assorted click bai

97th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop making the stories to where you have to click "NEXT" 30 times before you find out anything about the story !!

Most people don't have an hour an a half to keep clicking "Next" to read a story. After like 5-6 pages I close it and never read it. WHY print it that way?? There are a lot of articles posted that I would like to read but cannot sit there half the day clicking "NEXT".

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change sign in page photos. I find them too repetitive and offensive. WTH?

I've seen the same opening photo for over a year now? WTH?

460th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Yahoo Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop with the dead children

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stop with the articles about dead children, everyday there are posts about dead kids, these articles can not be found on any other news outlets. I use Yahoo.com for my news because it seems politically unbiased and very user friendly. I have 2 young kids and these headlines are just useless and I do not see the need to post them. News about kidnapped or missing, sure, i see the need for those. BUT PLEASE STOP WITH THE WORLD WIDE "NEWS" about dead kids!!!! nobody needs these depressing articles in their life. Even the headline about the…

556th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop making me use a verification code EVERY time I sign in to either one of my accounts!

allow me to sign in without using a verification code EVERY time

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please provide a way to turn OFF notifications from my home page when I am looking at email

I don't need you to pick the news which might interest me. I will do that, OK?

460th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Turn off comments all all news stories.

If Yahoo! cared AT ALL about the US, comments would be disabled on news stories. It's a breeding ground for hate, only. There is never any productive discussion. Is THIS what you guys wanted for your site? Because Yahoo! is used as a portal site for so many, users from all demographics are thrown together. Did you really think that you were providing a "safe space" for people with differing philosophies to come together and find some common ground? Quite the contrary. Yahoo! has done nothing but provide multiple battlegrounds that are (intentionally or unintentionally) designed to encourage and foster…

340th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Videos don't match articles

Why do you put videos with new articles, that have NOTHING to do with the article? It makes yahoo look stupid and makes us mad .

288th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Steve,

Can you please share the URL of the article where the video doesn’t match? We appreciate you letting us know about this issue.

Regards,
    Homepage Support

20. Stop Allowing Videos In Comments

Some posters include flashy videos that are very distracting. Please disable that.

230th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base