Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 560th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Your Historical Pricing date fields are not working correctly.

Start date is prior to end date and it's still saying that Start date must be prior to end date and the "done" button will not show up. Morons.

560th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Yahoo Finance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No videos in place of top news stories

I am not happy that you have replaced the bank of top stories with cheesy human interest videos that--even worse--autoplay when I load the page. This is ridiculous. Please bring back the top news stories, in text format, not video.

54th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How about Real News at the top and enertainment **** at the bottom

Instead of purely liberal or purely entertainment stuff, how about Yahoo putting the real news stories of the day at the top, instead of just plain ****

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. trigger warning

Many of your stories need a trigger warning. We should be able to filter out certain emotionally upsetting stories. Yes, it is the world of news these days, but hearing a dying baby elephant cry, a child shot while hunting, or reading more about the koalas is heart breaking - even just reading the titles that pop up can be difficult. Therefore, I don't want to see these emotionally charged subjects when I just need to check my email. Would be great to have it more separate.

464th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why am I unable to share to facebook ?

How do I share on to FB from yahoo ?

464th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change back my Zodiac sign.

I don't like or appreciate the change to my Zodiac sign on the homepage without my consent. I'm not a Leo. Just cause NASA declared a change to the chart doesn't change my sign at all. I'm still a Sagittarius. I would like my horoscope to reflect that again.

298th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New format!

I will go to another news page as this NEW YAHOO FORMAT STINKS!!! I can't stand your browser following me down the page as I go down to read the news you have posted! Why did you do this??? It just happened today :(

390th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Start a new section or series of articles on Alternative Medicine (supplements, vitamins) topics may include anti-aging/aging reversal, di

There are dramatic advances in the alternative medicine yet vast majority of population knows nothing about them - most interesting are anti-aging/qging reversal supplements based on research by Prof Sinclair (harvard) or by means of using geroprotectors. Prevention or curing of diabetes by using chromium supplements, curing infectious deseases including coronavirus by using versions of vitamin C, cancer prevention by using quercetine etc, etc - the list of topics is endless. This is badly needed as the quality of US healthcare is rated as 37th in the World, while health of population is 72nd in the world. Just don't put…

560th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't post headlines that give away spoilers! The spoiler about the UFC ruined the main event for me!

You should never post spoiler headlines for live events! I DVR'd the UFC Fight night, and the main event was ruined by the headline that said who won!

112th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Yahoo Homepage

You guys are at the max of being my homepage... SO COULD PLEASE STOP ASKING ME TO MAKE YAHOO MY HOMEPAGE?!?!

390th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Re-enable ability to look at message header via right click

Used to be able to view message headers by right clicking on them. It was a GREAT service to help determine if a message purporting to be from a known person was legit or scam/spam.

390th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Yahoo Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sizing issue with videos on articles

When viewing an article with a video attached via Iframe there is a sizing issue making the iframe to small to view the full video.

Current code is:
    <div class="caas-iframe fixed-height facebook caas-loaded" style="height:200px;"><iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FCOAvalancheInfo%2Fvideos%2F1237681643096737%2F"></iframe></div>

.caas-iframe blockquote, .caas-iframe iframe {

width: 100%;

height: 100%;
    position: absolute;
    border-width: 0;
    top: 0;
    right: 0;
    left: 0;
    bottom: 0;
    min-height: 1px;

}

Corrected working code is:

<div class="caas-iframe fixed-height facebook caas-loaded" style="height: 420px;"><iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FCOAvalancheInfo%2Fvideos%2F1237681643096737%2F"></iframe></div>

.caas-iframe blockquote, .caas-iframe iframe {

width: 100%;

height: 100%;
    /* position: absolute; */
    border-width: 0;
    top: 0;
    right: 0;
    left: 0;
    bottom: 0;
    min-height: 1px;
    560th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please allow us to filter the homepage news. I love Yahoo but the liberal news propaganda is disgusting.

I just want to be able to block content from appearing on my homepage. It's really annoying to have to see such obvious propaganda and hate news in order to get to my email. I used to love reading the days events but you've alienated me and I get my news and entertainment from other sources now. Provide ALL content and let your customers set filters for what they want to see. Please be fair.

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  117 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Story from the site "Ice Pop" has a virus in it! A story about a "Henge" found in Ireland . When you click on "Next" it hijacks your compute

Virus hidden inside a news story on your site! When you click "next" it hijacks your computer!!! In a story by the "Ice Pop" website! A message pops up telling you to call a "Microsoft number" They try to get you to turn over your computer remotely to them! In a NEWS story??? Don't you scan these things before allowing them on your page?

390th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Philip,

If you can provide the exact story article and right click on the article title and select copy link address and provide that to us. That will allow us to make the appropriate changes to the article.

Regards,
    Homepage Support

16. Stop making me answer the "make yahoo my homepage" question multiple times daily.

give the option to "do not ask again". It's not rocket science It's common sense!

169th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The "National Interest is a mouthpiece for the weapons industry and it's shameful how frequently, like 3 times a day you allow their propoga

Do you desire war with Iran or China or Russia or all of them at once? Every day you allow at least 3 pieces of advertisement for the "Center for the National Interest" through their publication, the "National Interest." By doing so you abandon all pretense of balanced journalism as this "institute" serves the war industry. It's like going back 40 years where outside of M.A.S.H, every TV show or movie glorified war and the military. It is now a mainstream American belief that the "Defense" Department's budget is excessive and yet you don't produce or link to any article…

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Yahoo Homepage should NOT have inappropriate video running.

It's not appropriate to have the homepage feature running video of a man being beaten. Not on the street or in the subway. It should be contained within the story if you click on it.

464th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. My husband and I do not like the new Currentlt Att Yahoo homepage...we liked the scrolling news

Put the scrolling news back on the Homepage. Don't like new Currently Homepage.

352nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. delete horroscopes

how do i get rid of horroscopes on homepage

560th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base