Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dangerous JS code on main Yahoo page

On main Yahoo page you have JS code like:
    window.onload = function() {
    var astroBodyText = document.getElementById("astroBodyText");
    while (astroBodyText.scrollHeight > astroBodyText.offsetHeight) {
    }
    }

For some systems (depends on installed fonts) condition:
    astroBodyText.scrollHeight > astroBodyText.offsetHeight

always true, that's why your main page is stucking :-(
    Please fix this condition or add condition for exit from loop.

153rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Many article headlines are false and misleading. Headlines for articles are lies at times. Your page is being discredited.

Writers need to stop lying in headlines to get people to read thier stories. Anymore half of the headlines are bias and all out lies. After reading the story you wonder how the writer could even possibly gotten their headline for their story. STOP THE LYING. News reporters are supposed to be neutral in politics. YOU GUYS ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM and honestly should be fired for writing misleading articles and false headlines.

13th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. stop using such poor writers.

Your stories are interesting, but the one about the doberman showed a picture or a boxer on the front page, and it sounded like it had been written by a middle schooler for an assignment. Your articles are a insult to any moderate intelligent adult.

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ads

I have repeatedly over SEVERAL days now told you to stop putting a specific ad on my page. Here we are 3 DAYS LATER and it keeps appearing

147th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make your content relative to today.

It's June. Why are you posting Fall articles? Halloween, cooking Fall fruits & veg, Thanksgiving recipes?

196th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The new homepage is experience is terrible!

Get rid of that floating search bar and put a headline by the featured photo

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Maybe not having to read all my emails from the bottom up would be a good idea.

Funny, now i seem to have to read all my emails from the bottom up cause they open that way. I prefer the old way.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Yahoo Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 141st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If you don't stop all of these ads for ad blockers bombarding my screen, I am leaving Yahoo for good.

I have been a loyal Yahoo user since the 1990's, but it if you don't stop all of the ads for ad blockers bombarding my screen, I am leaving Yahoo for good.

141st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop making me use a verification code EVERY time I sign in to either one of my accounts!

allow me to sign in without using a verification code EVERY time

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I absolutely HATE the yahoo search bar in the middle of my screen on the news page. Why did this happen? It moves back to the top or I move

See above. Also,, after spending 45 min. trying to reach a real live person without paying for it, I decided to use this forum. All about the money? I'm tired of the advertising I can't get rid of, and now this banner. Gmail, here I come!

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix Yahoo! New Page on Chrome

The new Yahoo! webpage is not rendering correctly. Please visit the page on Chrome and you will see lots out of place. The page is fine on Firefox. I tried cleared cache on Chrome and relaunch the browser a couple of times and still not helping.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New format!

I will go to another news page as this NEW YAHOO FORMAT STINKS!!! I can't stand your browser following me down the page as I go down to read the news you have posted! Why did you do this??? It just happened today :(

346th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. To Web Developer: Block Level (not Inline) Elements, Please clear floats...

Hi, On Larger Displays (mine is 17"), there is a problem with the elements in the right column of the page floating over elements in the column in the center of the page. So, please make the elements "block" level (instead of "inline") and please clear the floats. Thanks! That should fix it.

232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I see NO menu on yahoo.com home page on iPad!!!

I’m using my iPad and there’s no menu on the homepage so I can see any of the other some sides like finance

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bring back Yahoo Games!!!

Yahoo! Games were so popular back in the day and would still be today. Such a great variety of games and tournaments run 24/7 by some great sites. Bring these games back!

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How about Real News at the top and enertainment **** at the bottom

Instead of purely liberal or purely entertainment stuff, how about Yahoo putting the real news stories of the day at the top, instead of just plain ****

232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Videos don't match articles

Why do you put videos with new articles, that have NOTHING to do with the article? It makes yahoo look stupid and makes us mad .

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Story from the site "Ice Pop" has a virus in it! A story about a "Henge" found in Ireland . When you click on "Next" it hijacks your compute

Virus hidden inside a news story on your site! When you click "next" it hijacks your computer!!! In a story by the "Ice Pop" website! A message pops up telling you to call a "Microsoft number" They try to get you to turn over your computer remotely to them! In a NEWS story??? Don't you scan these things before allowing them on your page?

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Philip,

If you can provide the exact story article and right click on the article title and select copy link address and provide that to us. That will allow us to make the appropriate changes to the article.

Regards,
    Homepage Support

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base