Yahoo Esports

Yahoo Esports

Welcome to the Yahoo Esports feedback forum. We look forward to hearing what features you would like added and will do our best to make this the best experience on the web.

If you are reporting a bug, please provide the following info: description, URL, device (OS/Version), browser (Version), internet provider and location. The more details provided, the faster we can resolve the issue.

Thank you for your feedback!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. RSS feed!

As someone who regularly posts league of legends interviews on reddit, an RSS feed would greatly help me share this information

1st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fantasy league of legends

Riots fantasy league leaves a lot to be desired. I play yahoo fantasy sports religiously. The UI is great and you have great articles to back up the claims that someone is worth something. Riot isn't improving upon their fantasy league and I feel that yahoo can bring a much better experience to the whole thing.

2nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Theater Mode For Streams

Theater mode for streams so we can use chat with a near full screen video. Make it like twitch's theater mode

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fantasy League? ;)

I'd love for you guys to make your own Fantasy since I've been using Yahoo's Fantasy NBA myself and it'd be awesome for LoL's version of it, with Yahoo's own twist.

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. theater mode

A full screen stream with the chat on the side.

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Player profiles

Break down of teams with profile pictures are extremely on point but it would be nice to also have expanded personal profiles of players with their past performance or team history if they have swapped teams / facts on their playstyles or twitter handles for their direct feed of what they are up to in both events and scrims.

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You guys should cover Smash Bros. Melee

You guys have a header for CS:GO, Dota 2, HotS, LoL, SFV, but no Smash Bros?

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tagging people in the chat

Make it that we're able to tag people in the chats like twitch has

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Team Flairs

Similar to Reddit flairs, there could be team flairs next to your name in chat.

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Limit autoplay to only esports related content

Auto play moves on to content that is not esports related at the end of the play list and honestly really breaks the experience. Options of rotating into either other esports or just stopping would be better.

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Having a private chat(Whisper option)

Some private chatting during games would be good.
    It would be even better if it could be group chat!

12th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hearthstone Tab

Make a Hearthstone tab on the top of the site!

12th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A way to get the content by newest or through an rss feed?

Theirs a "featured" category on the sidebar and theirs a list of content on the bottom, but I see no option of getting the content by newest. Would be pretty great if their could be a page without all the extra things (like an autoplay video, matches, comment, featured content) where I can just see whats new. An rss feed would also work I guess.

12th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mobile browsing doesn't work on Safari/iOS

On the mobile homepage of Yahoo Esports, a bunch of articles are displayed vertically in a single column but if you try to click the article (via the thumbnail or heading) it will scroll to the top and not open the article.

URL: https://esports.yahoo.com
    iOS 10.3.1
    ISP ****** Media, Location: Cardiff, UK

User agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 10_3_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/603.1.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0 Mobile/14E304 Safari/602.1

Safari settings were reset, issue still exists

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Smite

Smite is a growing esports community, and with more and more tournaments happening every season, I think it's time yahoo esports begins to cover it. With the Smite world championship coming up, and the SPL fall split starting even sooner, now is the perfect time.

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve the closed captioning on interviews such as the ones covering League of Legends

The current interpreter right now does a good job, but obviously lacks the knowledge of LoL and esport jargon and other details such as the names of players and personalities.

For example, in the recent Hauntzer interview, you can see some goofs such as 'Bart' being used instead of 'Bard', 'Double F' instead of 'Doublelift', 'stimulus' instead of 'steamroll us', and the use of inaudible tags instead of certain terminology like 'Irelia' and 'poke comp'.

It's hard to follow along just using the captions and most of the 'inaudible' tags are due to not knowing the words instead of simply…

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. WE NEED EMOTES!!!! NOW

EMOTES, FRANKER Z, KAPPA BIBLE THUMP, FROWN AND SMILE. MAKE IT HAPPEN

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pop up video, similar to twitch.

Having a pop up video makes it a bit more convenient to watch when I'm not at my own computer at home

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't just host the Youtube stream, host Twitch and Azubu as well.

On na.lolesports.com, Riot allows the user to choose which stream host to use, while still displaying their overlay/stats. I think this would be a really cool feature, because as of right now, you can only watch via Youtube. Youtube streams have always lagged or been buggy for me, and several other people I know. Allowing users to watch via Twitch or Azubu through your website would increase traffic and viewer retention. I know, personally, that I would love to watch the LCS on this site, as the schedule, articles, and ease of use is incredible, but the content lags and…

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Esports

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base