Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fantasy Baseball - Week 16

Week 16 is 10 days. Sue to All-Star break, games start on Friday July 20 - YET lineups have to be set on Monday, July 16?!!?!? I understand you can set them again on July 23rd for the second part. Why cant the lineups be set for the start of the first game on Friday July 20?

In yahoo fantasy football, there is an option "Game time - Tuesday". Why can that not be the same for baseball? That would also allow you to add guys Mondays before the first game start. Right now, you can not add a guy…

3796th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to mute other users in comments

Oh?! It's a thing?! Well, it doesn't work. Fix it please.

1213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Not all posts staying posted

Not all posts posting . . . even after page refresh. Initial replies not showing/posting until sort order changed and/or page is reloaded.

560th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. FIX MUTE on Sports Boards! It seems to be disabled AGAIN. 6/28/2018

Trolls are running amok all over the sports boards, AGAIN. They are posting all manner of inappropriate content, AGAIN. They are deleting comments from legitimate posters, AGAIN. Why is mute gone, AGAIN?

1213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1626th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1626th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Impostor Postings

Largely due to Yahoo allowing unlimited multiple accounts (from one person), the latest "blight" in the "Conversations" section is FAKE impostor posts.

It is quite easy for a troublemaker to copy and paste a legitimate poster's avatar . . . and create a new account (with the real nickname and avatar) and post inane comments that have all the appearance of being from the real commenter . . . but are totally bogus.

I'm sure that Yahoo can come up with a way to inhibit this "detrimental to the Yahoo experience" problem.

771st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Conversations - Problems - Not All Posts Show when sort order is changed

Even though the order is changed, all posts should appear when the sort order (top, newest, oldest, recent) is changed . . . which is not the case.

771st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. replies upside down

Reply order is upside down . . . with new replies being added to the top of the stack . . . which means you have to read the replies to a comment from the bottom up to "get" the drift of the thread.

Please flip them back to the way they were before.

Thank you!

1213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Comments

Bring back the comment section or bye bye!!!!!!!!!!

1213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop describing soccer teams as if they are plural words demanding plural verbs. Only illiterate copy editors should permit that.

U.K. sports writers describe soccer teams as plural nouns, e.g. Manchester are playing ... Team names are collective nouns and take a singular verb, e.g., Manchester is playing... Please correct the practice that pervades sports writing especially for the World Cup. We know that England is in Group G; not England are in Group G.
    Thank you

1626th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fire Nick Bromberg

Nick Bromberg's saying Danica Patrick is the greatest woman auto racer is totally stupid, totally ridiculous and without foundation. Shirley Muldowney is hands down the greatest woman auto racers...who is in TWO racing halls of fame, won 3 NHRA season titles and won 18 NHRA events. Look it up....and please fire Nick Bromberg.

1626th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Conversation - Problems

Not all replies post. But, if they do . . . if they are the first reply to an initial post, they do not display without a reload.

771st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I wrote a comment re NFL cheerleaders article. Yahoo did not post it. It did not break any of the guidelines.

I wrote a comment re NFL cheerleders article. Yahoo did not post it. It did not break any guidlines. Wrote 2nd comment asking why and stating that was breaking my constitutional right for freedom of speech. If Yahoo cannot respect everyones opinion, why should they be in the news business?

1213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1626th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop Race Baiting

Race baiting, slurs, and general insulting posts being made today on Red Sox/Angles comments board and most are NOT about baseball.

Really in bad taste. Much being done by impostor clones that Yahoo does not prevent.

If Email addresses can be unique, Yahoo can do the same with comments board nicknames (handles) too.

Fix this. It is bad.

1213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back the golf handicap tracker. Why would you take it down without telling people. This sucks

WTF! why take the golf handicap tracker down without a word! Terrible customer service!

1626th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Actually being able to find my post in an article?

It's almost embarrassing to think I'd even need to mention this. If I post in the comments of an article, don't you think that that comment should be easily found after I've made it? For Yahoo, apparently not. All's I wanted to do was review the responses, negative or positive, to my post, but it's quite hard to do that when there's no way to find it. The "common sense" way would be to click on the article again, go to the comments section, and quickly find a link to my post. Nope, not for Yahoo. I get the options…

1213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. comments boards not refreshing automatically

Boards do not seem to be refreshing automatically. Please check on it.

1213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Sports Redesign

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base