Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1616th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. yahoo! sports geeks (IT) . NHL stats -- a "legend" please of abreviations . Thx!!

yahoo! sports geeks (IT) . NHL stats -- a "legend" of abreviations, please . Thx!!

391st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Revamp the Yahoo Sports Homepage!!...Too many Tabs!!

I think what was done with the Yahoo homepage is fine...here's my suggestion:
    Take what you did there and apply to sports home page...do away with the tabs..at least on the homepage.

Use icons, similar to icons listed on the left side of the New Yahoo Homepage design, for each sport or grouping.
    For instance you would have a football icon which can lead to either a general Football page with the tabs of NFL and NCAA or chose to have all NCAA sports under one icon and within that page have tabs for baseball, basketball etc.
    If you do…

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add college lacrosse to your sports reporting. The game is getting more fans across the country now.

Please cover at least the top 20 ranked college teams in lacrosse and the weekly scores. Lacrosse is a major east coast sport with heavy population demo and it is now spreading across the country.
    You won't get much reaction to my suggestion because lacrosse fans have given up on Yahoo sports -- how about luring us back?

115th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When I click a sports story

When I click a sports story from the homepage it just takes me to the sports mobile homepage where I am usually unable to find the story. Can't understand how a corporation such as yours can't recognize these problems and fix them on the fly.

276th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. nascar

Update Nascar links when you click on individual drivers all there stats from 2012 are still there??? Also there information for the current upcoming race needs to be updated and hopefully this year it will be before wednesday like maybe on monday!!!

555th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 125th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Soccer page (US) is abysmal. No Champions League info. Champions League is different from EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc.. It's not hard.

Hire someone that knows sports to design page. MLS is moving up on the world soccer scene, but, it is STILL behind EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga etc.. Champions League is a European Fixture. There ARE bars that fill up to watch these games. These fans tend to spend money. C'mon guys, it's an easy fix. Stop with the butt ugly opening yahoo page, and redesign the soccer page. It's some CSS and HTML, and some sports knowledge. Too much "OMG" page BS, and not enough real sports.

1207th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix your MLB section, its broken.

• Your links to player pages on articles are a mess. Some of them go to player pages, others just pop some news and notes up. Go to an article about Alex Rodriguez and click his player page. It takes you to a college defensive back at a school I've never heard of.

• Stop censoring me when I'm critical of yahoo. My posts contain no personal attacks or profanity.

• Stop using shameless wordplay and puns in article titles to get people to notice them.

• Tell Jeff Passan to stop writing moral crusade articles and just write about baseball.

475th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. NHL box score "spearing" penalties?

what's up with all these phantom spearing penalties in the NHL box scores?

391st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi John and C -

I really dropped the ball on this one. I could give you excuses, but you shouldn’t care. This issue got lost and i apologize for letting you down.

Thanks for all of the examples you have provided. I will work with our engineering team to prevent this from happening next season.

Yahoo! Product Support

11. Fix the NHL boxscores. Any time a 10 min misconduct is handed out in a game, it is listed on Yahoo as a 10 min for head-butting.

Fix the NHL boxscores. Any time a 10 min misconduct is handed out in a game, it is listed on Yahoo as 10 min for head-butting.

276th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello -

I apologize for such a late response to this question but i have not been able to find an instance of this happening. Can you provide a link to a box score where you see this?

Thanks,
    Yahoo! Product Support

12. Iphone App for Fantasy Auto Racing league like they have for Fantasy Football?

Iphone App for Fantasy Auto Racing league like they have for Fantasy Football?

316th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let the user customize (add/remove) the tabs of what sports to be able to quickly get to.

The fixed tabs are today just filling up space users not interested in a specific sport will never click on, while other sports (not US mainstream sports, such as F1) requires a lot of clicks to navigate to.

250th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fantasy baseball/Basketball scoring option similar to football

Can we get a Fantasy Baseball and Fantasy Basketball scoring option similar to Fantasy football where point values are awarded per R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, ect... instead of one point for whomever has the most of that one category for the week?

Thanks.

391st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Why are you not updating the golf scores in real time anymore?

Why when you click on a player does their current round scorecard not show up with his scores anymore? Does Yahoo like to REMOVE features that they've offered for years?

204th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. % owned category needs to be updated in players lists in fantasy hockey

Rosters need to be updated. The % owned category seems to have not changed for players in over a week. For example, Vladimir Tarasenko is listed as 18% owned in the players list, when he is actually 78% owned according to his player profile.

391st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Would someone please address the mounting issues in Fantasy Football Premier League please? The running of the game is shocking!

Is anyone going to sort out the issues with the Fantasy Football Premier League please? We have endured months of problems with no response from Yahoo or Citizen Sports. It may be a free game to play but considering so many people play it and enjoy it, I think you should at least grace us with some king of response? I have expressed my interest in becoming a moderator of the page but also with NO REPLY! This does not reflect well on Yahoo's reputation.

391st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Get team reports in ASAP for 2012-13 When are they expected?

We need team reports to determine line changes and other details for lineup decisions Early in the season is critical for trades and roster changes, as you well know

771st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Cliff,

What sports are you looking for team reports? Please provide more info and i can look into the issue for you.

Thanks,
    Yahoo! Product Support

19. 1616th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

They look correct to me. What browser are you using? Please send over any other applicable info.

Thanks,
    Yahoo! Product Support

20. Message boards....where are they? Ridiculous!

please, please put the message boards back up.

316th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Can you please provide more info on where the message boards are not appearing?

Thanks,
    Yahoo! Product Support

• Don't see your idea?

Sports Redesign

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base