Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

How can we improve Yahoo Sports?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1st ranked
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  322 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Go back to the old website. Click to read more is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. I won't be back

Go back to the old website. Click to read more is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. Hire all new web developers. I won't be back

2nd ranked
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Box score should be the priority

The new way to display active MLB games is less than ideal. The default should be the box score. I liked it better when the play by play was just another column to the right of the box score. I definitely do not need to see the tweets of writers during the game. Those tweets tend to be "I better say something", but that something is not very interesting or informative.

3rd ranked
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow users to turn off autoplay for video

Please allow users to have the option of turning off autoplay of videos. If a video makes my browser hang up because it is trying to load, I will, 100% of the time, click away and won't come back to that page. I've tried ad blockers but you have been working around that haven't you Yahoo?

4th ranked
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  27 comments  ·  Video  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Liked having all of the scores for the day across the top. That is why I would go to the page

Put the scores for all games of the day across the top. I don't go to the page to read about trivia, I want to see the scores, quickly and easily with no scroll. As everyone else has said below, it wasn't broken so WHY do you waste time and money changing it?

6th ranked
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • The MLB schedule doesn't allow you to see starting pitchers daily.

Many fantasy baseball users would select sports, MLB, and schedules which showed team matchups and also the starting pitchers, now the pitchers are not shown for each game, so you have to go MLB.com to get that info. Can you add the pitching matchups into the game details? THANKS!

5th ranked
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

Thanks for pointing this out. We are working on getting starting pitcher info back to the Scores/Schedule page. I’ll update this post when its available.

We appreciate the feedback, keep it coming!
                Joe

• Hard to navigate

Go back to the old page. Sometimes simpler is better, nobody wants to go through half a dozen steps to get to the articles or scores they are looking for.

7th ranked
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Get rid of the sponsored posts!

I know you've got to make a buck, but get rid of the sponsored posts, please! You're insulting the intelligence of your readers and doing a disservice to your writers when you mix that clickbait glurge in with your actual content. Right now you've got "Where Did Joe Pesci Go? You Won't Believe It!" above a fantasy story, an NFL video, and Jeff Passan's story on Eric Hosmer's ASG performance. And of course it's formatted so that all the "stories" appear the same, save for the "Sponsored Post" tag. It makes me MUCH less likely to keep coming back to…

8th ranked
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Too many photos and videos clogging up the screen...not enough headlines on the main screen.

I'd like to see more links to headlines on the main page...and less photos clogging up the screen. It's fine to have one photo and/or to have a photo AFTER we click a headline, but one assumes that the people who come to this page can actually read and not just look at pictures.

9th ranked
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Go back to the old comment method.

Dont try to look like ESPN.

We want up and down arrows in the comments like previously.

10th ranked
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • 11th ranked
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Conversations - Problems

Your "new" Conversations (replacement for Comments) section is loaded with problems . . . I guess to go along with your horrible new sports formats (it all used to be on one page . . . now it's all over the place) which are drawing much criticism.

Biggest single complaint from users is that their posts (Comments) disappear mysteriously.

Also, personally, I can only get the Conversations section to work on one browser (Internet Explorer) and it will not work (well or at all) on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. FYI, I am using Windows 7.

Please feel free to…

12th ranked
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  36 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Get rid of all the fantasy sports ****!!!

I know fantasy sports leagues are popular but I have zero interest. At least give us an option.

13th ranked
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • where is "other sports?", ie, nascar, golf, colege sports? and etc?

Your new sports is lacking "other sports" ie, golf, nascar... I guess they don't count

13th ranked
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all.

There is a list of Sports across the top of the page (Sports Home, Fantasy, NFL, etc..) and at the end are three dots that provide access to additional Sports. Please respond to this message if this does not solve the issue.

Thanks!
                                Joe

• easier access to my fantasy teams

easier access to my fantasy teams

15th ranked
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Favorite Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all.

There is a bar across the top of the page that provides access to different parts of our site. Hover over ‘Fantasy’ to get access to all of our Fantasy products. Please respond to this message if this does not solve your issue.

Thanks!
                                  Joe

• Wrong again

When I click to the http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/ page, the first three stories are about some golfer, some hockey player selling his house, and a basketball player.

What the ****? Why do you people insist on constantly making things worse?

16th ranked
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello -

I am not able to replicate this issue. Can you respond to this message with your browser, operating system and a screenshot of the page? This info will help our engineering team investigate.

Thanks in advance for your help.
                                    Joe

• Listen to, and actually ACT on the feedback in a very timely manner

It's obvious from all the feedback that users are dissatisfied with the changes. Many share the same concerns (i.e. click to read more, automatic video playback, need to search/scroll for scores and box scores, mixing irrelevant sponsored content with sports content (on the sports page).
                                    Will the feedback actually be listened to and acted upon? If so, when can we expect the "new and improved" yahoo sports based on users feedback? Thanks!

17th ranked
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Sports news page plays unrelated video/audio that can't be turned off

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/draymond-greens-alleged-victim-tells-police-he-was-choked-punched-181126275.html?nhp=1

Opened this page from Yahoo Sports and a video with audio of an interview with someone related to the British Open (golf) immediately started playing, without anywhere to turn it off. Not only is auto audio rude, but this looks like a bug.

17th ranked
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reporting this issue Roger. I have passed the info to our engineering team for investigation. Please respond to this message with additional examples if it continues to happen. Sorry about the inconvenience.

• NFL Home is 90% NCAA Football

Clck the link to NFL Home and 14 out of the first 16 stories are about the NCAA Mens Football games...Do you know the difference between the NFL and the NCAA yahoo???...Even when I can find the actual NFL game score I am looking for there is never a story attached...WTF kind of company are you morons running???Who TF does business like this...Please, just go kill yourselves so this lousy site gets shut down...

17th ranked
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Remove GIF option from sports comments!!

You get a vote from me for BANNING GIFs, and from just about everyone (other than trolls) who uses the sports comment boards. We should not have to be subjected to uncensored sexually explicit, homophobic, and just plain grotesque images when trying to follow and comment on our favorite teams. MUTE alone is NOT a viable solution.

There are a small number of posters who are abusive and repeatedly violate Yahoo's Terms of Use. We know that Yahoo knows who these people are, along with all their multiple identities and aliases. We notice when they are repeatedly temporarily banned, but…

22nd ranked
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base