Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 37th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pop up adds

I've used Yahoo Sports for about 7-8 yrs as my primary sports source. I'm about to quit using it because of the pop up adds for Fantasy football. I'm not interested in it and every day I get onto Yahoo Sports it asks if I want to join some drawing or something for Fantasy. If this continues, I'm done.

Also, I keep clicking x on sexually tinged adds because I do not wish to see them, but they keep showing up (the same adds I've x-ed out.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 37th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fantasy Football Playoff Options

My fantasy football league does not use a traditional playoff format, and we are having to switch to a new website that allows the commissioner to design a new playoff system. But my friends like the Yahoo! layout best. Please consider adding the option for commissioners to create their own playoff format, even if it costs extra. We would pay it.

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Conversations - Problems

Your "new" Conversations (replacement for Comments) section is loaded with problems . . . I guess to go along with your horrible new sports formats (it all used to be on one page . . . now it's all over the place) which are drawing much criticism.

Biggest single complaint from users is that their posts (Comments) disappear mysteriously.

Also, personally, I can only get the Conversations section to work on one browser (Internet Explorer) and it will not work (well or at all) on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. FYI, I am using Windows 7.

Please feel free to…

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  39 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ArrowheadAddict.com Chiefs content please?

I am a big Kansas City Chiefs fan and would love to have content from arrowheadaddict.com in my feed. I go there and Yahoo! every day for my Chiefs news and it would be cool to snag it all right on my Yahoo! stream.

Thanks!

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Your NHL Box Score is aweful.

Dump the shot tracker and bring back the Penalty summary.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The revamped format of NHL individual game summary pages is a major step backward. Period.

Goals & Penalties used to be readily laid out & easily read. But no longer. Now it's just another example of regressive UI makeover (well-intentioned churn that leads backwards). I may just skip over Yahoo Sports for NHL news from now on. -- Too bad: Yahoo
    ports for NHL game summaries has been my go-to stop on a daily basis.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Would love to have a draft-style league for soccer (English Premier League)

My friends and I watch English Premier League and play fantasy every year.

All good, free soccer leagues are on a budget basis (i.e. you get $100 to spend on your players. Same player can be taken by multiple players). The problem is the teams end up being very similar and its not as much fun.

Would be great if you could use your established infrastructure in draft sports leagues and extend that to soccer. We tried playing a free draft style this year (playtogga.com) but there were a lot of complaints we had and the league was managed poorly.

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. WHO IS THE IDIOT WHO THOUGHT WHITE BACKGROUND WAS BETTER?

YAHOO...HINT. LEAVE STUFF ALONE OK? IS THIS THE CANADIAN YAHOO TAKING OVER? DONKEYS?!

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 55th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bring back the favorites to the homepage, this was a great feature

Bring back the customization of everyones homepage. Everyones unique. I can care less about dating, homes, parenting, finance, style and beauty

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. customizeable

Please allow yahoo sports to be customizable the same way that my.yahoo.com is. That way we can pick the layout that we want. The current set-up is very cluttered and lacks organization.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get rid of all the fantasy sports ****!!!

I know fantasy sports leagues are popular but I have zero interest. At least give us an option.

125th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Box scores

Once again you try to improve the sports section and end up screwing it up. All we want to see are the box scores. We do not need to know what each batter did on every at bat and every pitch. Same for basketball and hockey..........and no we do not want to scroll down through a long list of junk to get to what we want to see. Stop letting the nerds ***** up the sports section.

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Back in Black.....please!!!!!!!!

Blinding white is blinding...hate.

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →