Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Sports?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be nice if you updated the nhl player positions more often.i have many centres who don’t play center anymore!

I have lots of players in nhl fantasy and they’re positions aren’t right and it’s hard to set my team. They’re are lots of players who don’t play center anymore and they’re only position is C. Be nice if schenn and batherson got RW added to them

1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Do not classify divisive tabloid trash as hockey news

"Controversial flag causes stir at Penguins ceremony for Pittsburgh shooting victims" - When I subscribe to receive hockey alerts, I do not expect to receive an alert about a Twitter story that received conflicting replies. This is a devisive off-the-ice tabloid story that only serves to associate negative feelings with hockey, much like what has happened with the NFL. This is not hockey news. There are plenty of outlets to get my hockey news, but I like Yahoo. I just ask you to please use better discretion on what to publish.

1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Conversations don't load properly.

Sports page needs to be refreshed several/many times before the Conversations section loads up. It used to take one or two reloads but now it seems to be getting worse. This is just one of at least a dozen things wrong with Yahoo Sports.

1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. fix your NBA stats feed

every year your site cannot get a stable feed for NBA live stats. This year, it's starting with the very first game! Don't understand why your site has issues and other sports sites do not.

1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. MUST FIX LIST - Please read and vote for this.

1. Not all initial posts and/or replies "stick." Once a comment does not post (Yahoo glitch), it is impossible to re-post it. Very frustrating and discouraging to all Yahoo participants.

2. First replies to an initial post do not "show" until page is refreshed and/or a thumb is clicked on. Also, when replies are opened (on an initial post), if a thumb is then clicked, the replies close. Probably not correct and should be fixed.

3. Reply threads are "upside down." You have to read them from the bottom up to follow the continuity in chronological order.

4. Duplicate "nicknames"…

1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Standings are wrong for Big 12. WVU should be first. Ranking higher, Non-conference WL better

If the Big 12 leader is not WVU then the only explanation is that you went with alphabetical....but if that is the case then Baylor should be third. WVU should be first...they have the better record, they are more highly ranked.

1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. You can't tell the home team at a glance in NFL scores an schedules

In the NFL scores and schedules it is not clear who the home team is. It is suggested that Carolina vs Atlanta should be replaced with Carolina at Atlanta: assuming Atlanta is the home team.

1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Clear out all the dang spammers on the NFL "Conversations"!!!

It's getting worse and worse every day and it's only Week One of the NFL season. Spend just about as much time muting spammers as trying to read/write comments.
    I'm about to quit using Yahoo Sports for this stuff, and I"m not sure why anyone in their right mind would sign up for things (like Fantasy Football leagues) through Yahoo Sports when they do such a terrible job with spammers.

1142nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 732nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. My comments keep getting deleted, and from what I hear, a lot of other people have the same issue. My suggestion is to not do that.

My comments keep getting deleted, and from what I see, a lot of other people have the same issue. My suggestion is to not do that.

1142nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. contributor inquiry-I would like to join your team. www.thefillerbuster.com

Greetings,
    My name is Mark Filler. I’m a full-time salesperson in complex software sales, but my passions are sports and writing so I’m reaching out to explore any opportunities you might have. Three years ago, I bought the URL www.thefillerbuster.com on WordPress and have been publishing a blog ever since. Writing samples are on the site, and know that I can cut out the personal stuff if I was to be a contributor.
    In a perfect world, I would regularly contribute to a professional site for no compensation until I’ve gained enough respect and readership to write full time.
    Please…

1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please remove the sports articles or the comment section from your posts. People are being racist with vulgar language.

please delete your comment fields tired of racist posts. kids do not need to see this delete the comment field

1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It's pretty sad that one of your writers is praising a player for cheating

"However, we all should have a newfound appreciation for Frazier’s trickery." Mike Oz is a writer at Yahoo Sports.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/todd-frazier-used-rubber-ball-trick-umpire-thinking-made-amazing-catch-192912020.html

It should not matter if it affected the game or not. These are not the values we should be passing along to younger players.

1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. EDIT BUTTON needed in comments sections (all groups)!

An EDIT BUTTON would be greatly appreciated in the Sports section, and actually in all comments sections for all groups.
    Why? Because we posters actually make errors in spelling, grammar, and in so many other ways! Thanks very much for this IDEA section, and for your consideration as well! ~ Colt

1142nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Posting history not working

Can't access posting history.

1449th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Not all posts staying posted

Not all posts posting . . . even after page refresh. Initial replies not showing/posting until sort order changed and/or page is reloaded.

732nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Impostor Postings

Largely due to Yahoo allowing unlimited multiple accounts (from one person), the latest "blight" in the "Conversations" section is FAKE impostor posts.

It is quite easy for a troublemaker to copy and paste a legitimate poster's avatar . . . and create a new account (with the real nickname and avatar) and post inane comments that have all the appearance of being from the real commenter . . . but are totally bogus.

I'm sure that Yahoo can come up with a way to inhibit this "detrimental to the Yahoo experience" problem.

732nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Liked your old format much better than the new one

Liked your old for mat much better than the new one. Monty

1142nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)