Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1572nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video Ads are hidden behind other ads

I understand that ads are a necessity. And I understand, although disagree, with auto-playing and video ads. However, I do not understand or agree with your website hiding the auto-playing video ads behind other ads. I can't turn off the auto-playing ads when I actually want to watch some video on your site so I have to choose to either watch the video with a stupid ad in the background or not watch it at all - and lately it's not watching it at all that is winning.

DO NOT HIDE YOUR VIDEO ADS BEHIND OTHER ADS SO I CANNOT…

1572nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. same video over and over

please stop playing the jo adell home run video, no one cares after seeing it for the 20th time

1572nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rethink commercial involving a child/parent saying You could be watching games on Yahoo Sports Mobile APP. Shame on you!

Don't use a child trying to impress their parent(s) by telling the parent(s) they could be doing something else. ESPECIALLY WATCHING SPORTS!
    Children get ignored too often in life! They need nurturing, not passivity.

1572nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It’s a shame your steam doesn’t smartcast like every other stream does. I choose not to watch commercials because of this.

Make your stream smartcast capable. I choose not to watch any commercials because you do not allow this feature.

1572nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow us to close the Yahoo fantasy sports app that blocks all of the sports articles.

Allow us to close the Yahoo fantasy sports app that blocks all of the sports articles.

1572nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make a way to close out the Yahoo Ads on Sports Articles

Every time I click on a Yahoo Sports article, there is a Yahoo ad on the left side that covers at least 1/3 of the article. Please make a way for readers to close out the ad so we can at least read the article.
    Here is the url address of the current ad:
    https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/425N13JiUS6kDcOy1C7pmQ--/YXBwaWQ9eXRhY2h5b247cT03NTs-/https://s.yimg.com/av/ads/1549306588898-1034.jpg

Thank you.

1572nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The Yahoo add for the fantasy app covers my news feed and I am not able to close. I am not able to read over half of your sports stories.

the yahoo fantasy sports add covers stories and is not closable. I guess I will need to find a new site for sports news.

763rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop putting video ads in stories i can't read the article you idots whats the point

I am trying to read your yahoo sports stories and you continue to put videos right in the middle of the text....what idiot decided that this was a good idea. Why bother putting print articles in yahoo sports if you just cover them up. If this is not changed I will not visit yahoo sports again...this has been going on for sometime and you refuse to listen to your readers

1572nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For several weeks ads on Yahoo Sports articles have been blocking the articles print. There appears to be no way to minimize the articles.

As an example, https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-winners-losers-bears-might-nfc-north-long-time-005518844.html has an ad for "Gear up for National signing day" which overlaps and blocks out two plus paragraphs of the article. I use Windows IE11, fully updated, and have no issues anywhere else but Yahoo Sports and this has been happening for several weeks with all the articles and only with the same type/style ads which are run in the same general location. This makes the articles unreadable and needs to be corrected.

1192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop Ongoing Harassment by Ad choices. Yahoo Sports is Unbearable.

Adchoice the Beast is Harassing me , i dont feel safe.

763rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How do I remove this link from the favorites bar?

How do I remove this link from the favorites bar?

1572nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop the auto play videos in articles

This morning on iPad Mini with Safari, I’ve tried to read news and sports articles, but it’s become virtually impossible because large video ads and the small news videos (side right) play automatically and it’s hard to stop them. The video ads appear repeatedly thru articles and don’t show a pause buttin for 10 seconds. The small news videos X doesn’t stop those videos and the pause doesn’t seem to show immediately. It’s not only obnoxious but counterproductive - now I just read less, click on fewer articles.

312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. every time i try to read something in yahoo sports, some damned pop up about joing some yahoo cup **** pops up and it wont close

every time i try to read something in yahoo sports, some damned pop up about joing some yahoo cup **** pops up and it wont close making your sports section unusable

546th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ads

******* ******* My volume on all players is turned off yet you ******* ******** feel you have the right to override my choice. If it keeps up I will take you to court for invasion of privacy, because you choice to do what you want to my computer....

1192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. stupid incessant right hand side moving ads

un-targeted and incessant ******** ads - pathetic disruptive ads and a pathetic company - that sums it up

470th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Amazon congratulations Pop up ad spam

I constantly get the Amazon congratulations pop up ad every time I go to your site. Beyond irritating. Please address this. Tx

1572nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. KILL those NCAA GAME PASS SPAMBOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These turdheads are destroying the comment sections for individual games by putting so much spam up so fast that we fans can't get a word of our own in.

If the NCAA itself is directly responsible for this BS, please tell them to EAT TURDS and ban them from Yahoo Sports!!!!!!!

And this may also be happening with other sports as well.

1192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Aktualisieren!!!

Koennt ihr bitte mal eure Formel1 Seiten aktualisieren?

1572nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Free game of the day

Ijust wrote a long letter concernibg your ******* ads Now I have to rewrite because you ******* ******** can keep your **** together... YOU ******* SUCK

1192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Sports Redesign

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base