Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Sports?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo Wants us all to just quit?

I open my Yahoo mail app like I do many times a day not to check my mail. I gave up on Yahoo mail a long time ago and I don't give my address to anyone. NO I opened my app to check the news. Like i have done for years now. Its The only thing left of Yahoo I use. what happens???? My news is gone and a little medal is where my news icon was. I click it and it's now for keeping up with the Olympics.????? No option . Yahoo decided to kill the news and add…

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dark theme and favorites

I would love to see a "dark" theme like the Yahoo Sports iOS app. I know developing two different themes for a website is a hassle, but I'd say it's a valuable feature that greatly improves the user experience. I personally love dark themes on any website because they are easier to read and navigate.

Also, I would like to see my favorite teams for a league show up first or in a separate tab in the Scores/Schedule page similar to the iOS app.

For the Scores/Schedule pages, a horizontal list of days of the week that you can click…

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Pickem de la liga mx y champions (quinielas)

Que tal comunidad, me gustaría poner en la mesa el que yahoo pudiera desarrollar un tipo de quinielas o como se conoce en inglés pickem de la liga mx y de la champions he tenido la fortuna de utilizar el pickem de la NFL y es muy bueno y seguro, da certeza de los resultados y sin criterios personales me gustaría que se desarrollara algo así para la liga mx y champions ya que muchos nos entretenemos con este tipo de adrenalina. Saludos y espero apoyen mi propuesta de quinielas.

Pickem of the league mx and champions (pools)
    Hi community,…

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Virginia" not "UVA"

Partisans of the sports teams associated with the University of Virginia say "Virginia" when talking about the teams. Not "UVA."

It's like "West Point" for the campus and college where future officers are trained for our military, but "Army" for the teams. Or it's "The Naval Academy"--but the teams are "Navy."

In the Northeast people refer to UC Berkeley as "Berkeley," but the sports teams are never "Berkeley." They're "Cal" or "California" (which is what the university is called out west of course).

Anyway you might want to take account of this. Maybe you didn't know.

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop getting rid of games that you have had for years just because you don't make money.

NCAA bowl pickem, golf and nascar need to be brought back. Whoever thought of getting rid of those games and keeping square pickem should be thrown out by their ear. I'm waiting to see if yahoo keeps NCAA tourney brackets because its probably not a money maker for yahoo either. Quit being so selfish and think about your customers instead of your wallets

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Clean up the urls. I get blank screens or thrown back to Yahoo homepage on many of the links when accessing from my PC.

Clean up the urls. I get blank screens or thrown back to Yahoo homepage on many of the links when accessing from my PC. Sometimes the url looks like it was meant for a mobile device. Happens most frequently when checking NFL and NBA standings for other than the default view.

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Edit What You Post to NBA Home Page

Until a week or two ago, Yahoo! had a crew of writers who wrote and posted stories to an NBA blog called Ball Don't Lie. Now they've been laid off. In their place is the NBA front page. In the past 38 hours, an unreadable 430 stories have been posted to that page.

Editorial control should mean something. Until Yahoo! rehires NBA experts to curate what is posted to your NBA site (an unlikely occurrence), I'm out of Yahoo, thanks for 7 good years.

I'll leave your sports pages to people who really like clickbait stories about how looks of…

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fantasy Football

HOW COULD YOU SWAP POINTS 3DAYS AFTER DETERMINING A WINNER AND SETTING UP THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME?! THIS IS THE MOST REDICULOUS THING IVE EVER WITNESSED PLAYING FANTASY! YOU GUYS HAVE LOST SEVERAL PLAYERS IF THIS ISNT CORRECTED! Refs miss calls and flags all the time....even CO got a 5th down.... but nobody changed the game after the fact #Sick

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fantasy football

Please review league: 82299 semifinals outcome. It was drastically changed 2-3 days later and changed the outscome of the whole playoffs. The outcome was final and even stated it as so. Why should it be able to be changed due to an error caught (AFTER THE FACT) that doesn't happen in real sports, how is this different?!

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add a new designation, in addition to x, y and z on standings...how about using an e to denote teams mathematically eliminated

Using an -e next to teams in the standings as they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. On the cricket worm graphs can you show the wickets for the 2 teams in different colours, like you do with the 'worms'

At the moment in the cricket worm graphs the worms are black and blue, to distinguish between the 2 teams, but all the wickets are shown in red, so if the 'worms' are close together you can't tell which team a wicket applies to.

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide a contact form for all questions or issues on all help sites.

It would be great if you could provide a contact form for all questions or issues that people have on all sites. Maybe also provide a phone number, address, and e-mail address as well so that people can contact you.

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I currently play in a 20 man fantasy football league. We've been at 20 teams for 8 years now. I would love to see a 24 team option.

Give commissioners the option to make a league with more than 20 teams. 24, 28 or 32 would be an absolute blast and make Yahoo Fantasy Football the clear choice for fantasy football owners.

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have a better way to get in touch with your staff.

I made a change to one of my picks yesterday for survival football ten minutes before game time evrything looked good the new picks where on the page. I came back last night and my original picks where there one of which lost. so now i am eleminated and I shouldn't be. Im really ticked off and wont participqate in any more of your contests.

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. FULL COUNT 3-2 FULL HOU$E 3-2 major league baseball

Every time a batter gets a full count 3-2 a full house 3-2 would come up.This would liven baseball up.People that do not care for baseball would start to watch.TV and attendance would go up.This would be a game changer.This would be the next generation of baseball. I VALUE YOUR FEEDBACK.THX

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. tennis news

Tennis news. Borring. You are delivering to my yahoo webpage world news about tennis.What I'm getting lately is seven news about Serena Williams and one about Mark Philippoussis. Ridiculous and very boring.

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop with the clickbait opinions!!!

If you want to regain any respect as a website, clearly distinquish news articles and opinion pieces on your front page. Stop putting CLICK BAIT BS OPINION PIECES AS YOUR HEADLINE NEWS.

Until you do, I am boycotted all headlines that appear to be opinion based. Until then, FU YAHOO!

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. WHERE DID THE "TEAMS" PAGES GO????? CLICKING ON AN NCAA FOOTBALL TEAM NOW TAKES ME TO A RIVALS PAGE.... THIS SUCKS BY THE WAY.

Where did the team pages go???? Used to be able to click on a team and get all relevant stories, conference standings, schedule and more.... NOW WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE TEAM (NCAA FOOTBALL) IT GOES TO RIVALS.COM..... RIVALS SUCKS FOR INFORMATION.... GREAT FOR RECRUITING... What, did yahoo buy rivals and decided to force feed it to everybody.????? **** poor.

493rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Byrne, thanks very much for your feedback! We made a product decision to redirect users from the Yahoo Sports college team pages to the corresponding Rivals page. What specific info do you miss from the old team pages? We can look into getting it added to the Rivals pages!

Thanks for being a Yahoo Sports user!

Yahoo Product Support

20. Bring back the Puck Daddy RSS feed

I don't want an all NHL feed. I want the Puck Daddy curated one. A few days ago my Puck Daddy feed starting giving me college basketball stories. I have since looked for a Puck Daddy feed but it seems to be gone. The only RSS options now are for all the NHL or team specific ones. Some advanced warning would be nice next time.

1308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Sports Redesign

Feedback and Knowledge Base