Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 103rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I only want my sports teams displayed

I take the time to pick out the teams sports teams I want to see. Lately Yahoo has been adding division 2 sports teams scores to my home page. If I wanted to see these **** scores I would have selected them I am so close to cancelling my ATT @ T internet because of issues like these. You guys truly SUCK!

100th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sports comment boards wiped clean of comments

Several hockey and baseball comment boards are routinely wiped clean of every single comment. One user with dozens of accounts often brags of how he does this by reporting every post as abuse. This is happening on the hockey and baseball boards for Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh. Please evaluate this and take action. It is more than frustrating that Yahoo supports and allows multiple accounts to post vile and hate, yet allows same users to eliminate the opportunity for actual sports discussions. If I can help resolve this matter, please feel free to contact me.

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1180th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 92nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop with the auto play videos. Does anybody say this is a positive?

Stop with the auto play videos. Does anybody say this is a positive?

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 85th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow us to determine which sports show up in our score window

Allow the users to determine which sports do or do not show up in the score window. I have no use for meaningless sports like the NBA to report in my window. This clogs up the window preventing me from seeing the sports that matter, like SEC and NFL football. To show NBA scores makes as much sense in the sports world as showing ***-wee lacross or any soccer of any kind. This should be fixed.

124th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. This new format sucks pond water. I can't find a decent schedule for baseball games, and it shows the wrong dates on many pages. It shows

I can't find out who's playing tomorrow. It shows the game from 09/30 when I click on 10/01, and only shows the NL game if I click on 10/02. This is awful. Did this not go through usability testing at all. The "team" home pages are a joke. Useless. I'm switching to ESPN.

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 121st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Get rid of auto-play videos

Give viewers the option to click play. Forcing us to click pause every time we want to read a box score or recap is infuriating. Why would I continue to visit a site that infuriates me? In the long run, you need to decide whether it's worth it to pander to advertisers (while antagonizing readers). You're going to find it hard to sell ads with no readers, especially considering there are more reader-friendly options, like ESPN.

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop placing NASCAR stories on the Indycar web page.

Given that the public at large is pretty much force-fed NASCAR news, you should assume that Indycar fans that navigate three levels deep to the Indycar page of Yahoo Sports are looking for Indycar news. When I see NASCAR news there, particularly as the top story, I find it kind of offensive. You could also create a sports entertainment category for "sports" like NASCAR and professional wrestling.

273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 'report abuse' cancel function needed

sometimes i hit 'report abuse' by mistake when wanting to hit the 'see comment' of hidden comment...i know its my error, but i would like to be able to cancel out my 'report abuse' mistake ...thanks

155th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. You need to add a tab under favorite teams for College Hockey.

Add College Hockey tab for favorite teams.

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New game stream loads slowly and erractically, can't scroll down. info is diffuse and useless. You used to have the best box scores/ play

New game stream loads slowly and erractically, can't scroll down. info is diffuse and useless. You used to have the best box scores/ play

1180th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. yahoo is my life

a good idea

1180th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Auto playing videos sucks. You've changed the video player and all my preferences to not play videos have chagned.

Just stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh how I'm tired of this site.

147th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 200th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Your SPORTS in NCAA FOOTBALL only covers major college divisions, WHY?

There are more NCAA divisions in College Football than D1. The lower divisions are having PLAYOFFS right now yet you don't even list their scores in the main NCAA pages. Why the snub?

192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base