Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Sports?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mother ******* ******* Yashit

I,m sitting here scrolling through sports when this loud ******* noise comes on you **** ad. I have the volume control on your **** ******* player OFF but it stil come through. Your site ******* sucks

1337th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop the Auto-play videos, AGAIN!

You guys stopped auto-pay videos in the sports section for a few months and then the NFL season came around. Every NFL article has an auto-play video that takes forever to load and makes the page run slow. Half the time, the videos have no bearing the on the article and the other half they tell everything in the article. So either go to a video streaming news content only or stop the auto-play videos. Please stop the auto-play videos, please.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello -

We have added the ability to turn off auto-play on our videos. Please review this article – https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN25842.html – to make the change.

Please note that this will not apply to videos provided by NFL.com at this time.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Yahoo Product Support

3. 269th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto-play is sending me away. Bye-bye Yahoo news.

1) A long video ad should only play if I click on the video
    2) At least stop the repeat auto-plays!
    3) At least don't let two fire off at once!

7th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default back to the box score, not the game stream when selecting a game. We are there to check scores and stats, not follow twitter feeds.

Default back to the box score, not the game stream when selecting a game. We are there to check scores and stats, not follow twitter feeds.

107th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. bias

If you are going to be biased for Hillary Clinton, and all democrats (which you are), you don't have to be so obvious about it

709th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop The ******* pop up adds

Stop The ******* pop up adds

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball page loads are making the site nearly unusable + "long script running" dialog

Experience: In IE11, this entire baseball season, the Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball page loads are making the site nearly unusable + "long script running" dialog.
    1. go to my league
    2. select my team
    page load takes forever (more than 15 seconds on average)
    half the time or anytime I click on something on the page, the Windows Message bar shows up explaining that the site is running a very long script
    3. once my team loads, then I select the Stats-30 days... repeat of load issue. Takes more than 15 seconds to load...script warning etc

EXPECTED: in the past, every…

503rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop sending the pop up ads for Fantasy sports games every time I click on a sports story.

Every time I try to click on a score in any sport, it is interrupted by the Fantasy game sign-up pop-up! I don't want to play, I will never play and I will disable Yahoo as my browser if this does not cease.

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show game times in local time zone

Show game times in my local time zone, and only in ET if you cannot determine my location (or if I am actually in the eastern time zone).

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. stop making sidebar videos play automatically..

.or i'm switching to ESPN and not coming back

20th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 24th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please please go back to the old sports pages. A reason I use Yahoo was because of the clarity on the sports page - especially baseball. Thi

Please go back to the original format - especially baseball. One reason that I use Yahoo was because of the sports page clarity.

This new system STINKS.

168th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. TURN OFF AUTOMATIC SOUND!!!!!!

TURN OFF AUTOMATIC SOUND FOR YAHOO!
    IF I WANNA HEAR YOUR BS, I WILL TURN ON THE SOUND!!!!

25th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give People the option to customize their view if they want to

Why not give people an option to customize fonts and layouts and all that stuff. People who want something jazzy can have it and people that like it the way it was get theirs, too. Also please put WHIP back on the pitcher's top stats and add saves back to the relievers.

29th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop asking me to play Weekly Fantasy

Every 5 clicks it seems, or at the least everytime I go to your site the pop up ad asking me to play weekly fantasy is there. Its not enough you have it as a banner, or its the first like above my team on your page. I will not use yahoo anymore if this keeps up. I play FanDuel and Draft Kings. Your site is as annoying, if not more so than all the commercials on radio and TV for them. Just stop or I'll just use CBSSportsline

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Let us remove sports from our Fantasy sports list

Look, I suggested being able to remove sports form our fantasy sports list, and the geniuses at YAHOO told me I can edit them by moving them up and down. I DID NOT ASK to move them up or down, I want to REMOVE them once the season is done. YAHOO takes FORVER to do this after the season is done. (Example: right now for football)

34th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Mark. We are working on giving users the ability to remove sports from the Fantasy list, but do not have a timeframe when it will be completed. Once I have an update, I will post it here.

Yahoo Product Support

18. WTF DID U GUYS DO TO THE MLB BOX SCORE!?!?

This is terrible, PLEASE change it back!

128th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 37th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BRING BACK THE TEAM RANKER

Please bring back the team ranker.

30th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Sports Redesign

Feedback and Knowledge Base