Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo news now sucks. don't open any of it anymore...the new layout is ****

Yahoo news layout now sucks. don't open any of it anymore...the new layout is ****

1187th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove GIF option from sports comments!!

You get a vote from me for BANNING GIFs, and from just about everyone (other than trolls) who uses the sports comment boards. We should not have to be subjected to uncensored sexually explicit, homophobic, and just plain grotesque images when trying to follow and comment on our favorite teams. MUTE alone is NOT a viable solution.

There are a small number of posters who are abusive and repeatedly violate Yahoo's Terms of Use. We know that Yahoo knows who these people are, along with all their multiple identities and aliases. We notice when they are repeatedly temporarily banned, but…

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Listen to, and actually ACT on the feedback in a very timely manner

It's obvious from all the feedback that users are dissatisfied with the changes. Many share the same concerns (i.e. click to read more, automatic video playback, need to search/scroll for scores and box scores, mixing irrelevant sponsored content with sports content (on the sports page).
    Will the feedback actually be listened to and acted upon? If so, when can we expect the "new and improved" yahoo sports based on users feedback? Thanks!

158th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Message board

There's no message board on the new setup for fantasy football

1187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Loose the small video clips that block the box scores.

Why put a duplicate smaller video box on the right blocking the box scores. Who comes up with this ****? They should be shown the door!!!!!!!!!!

468th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Video  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Quit showing update and/or results of the Olympics!! Some of us would like to watch it when we get home from work!!

Quit showing the results and/or updates of the Olympic results!!! Some people would like to watch it when they get home from work!

1187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Wrong again

When I click to the http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/ page, the first three stories are about some golfer, some hockey player selling his house, and a basketball player.

What the ****? Why do you people insist on constantly making things worse?

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello -

I am not able to replicate this issue. Can you respond to this message with your browser, operating system and a screenshot of the page? This info will help our engineering team investigate.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Joe

8. Thumbs not hearts

It's a sports forum. Get rid of the hearts and put thumbs up and thumbs down back.

248th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Breaking News over two days old

Current Breaking News banner (after reloads)
    "Breaking News: Here's the field for the 2016 MLB Home Run Derby"

The Derby was Monday at 6 pm MT; right now is Wednesday, 9:45 pm. Maybe time to go back to an older Sports page?

225th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How about an option not to show any soccer scores? For the MAJORITY of sports fans that don't give a darn about that boring sport.

Request for a simple feature that when selected only puts the scores of the major US sports (NBA and NCAA basketball, NCAA and NFL football, MLB baseball, NHL hockey, PGA golf, ATP tennis, NASCAR, etc) on the header and leaves the Euro-junk off the header.

274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I clicked on the Texas Tangers under MLB and Team and none of the news items had anything to do with the Rangers. Please check your filters

News articles under Texas Rangers have nothing to do with Ranges or baseball. Seems like they are just any sports items. Not what I expected.

312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Favorite Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Actually post favorite team scores/schedule on the sports section of my My Yahoo page.

Actually post favorite team scores/schedule on the sports section of my My Yahoo page. My WNBA team, nor my Women's NCAA basketball teams are never listed.

274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Favorite Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop changing the SPORTS PAGES, the new format SUCKS!! Absolutely the worst SPORTS PAGE on the WEB!! Go back to the old format ASAP!!

Stop changing the SPORTS PAGES, the new format SUCKS!! Absolutely the worst SPORTS PAGE on the WEB!! Go back to the old format ASAP!!

386th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. wow yahoo sports is almost as slow as yahoo finance

Best advise is to stop all the **** and make it load faster like youtube, chrome etc. If you cant do that, all these mediocre updates are pointless. Tired of waiting and waiting for your page to load with photos, ads, a bunch of pages I dont care about, and the killer, videos that play by themselves I still dont care about. If I cant navigate the page and find things easily, I just say forget changing anything because it isnt for the better.

312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Your sports page is now terrible. Please bring back the sports scores accross the top of the page. And, please leave them there.

Your sports page is now terrible. Please bring back the sports scores across the top of the page. And, please leave them there during the day while other games in the same sport are going on.

545th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. What happened to RSS feeds?

I keep up to date with NHL news using the Puck Daddy RSS feed...at least I used to.

I don't do social media and I'm not going to visit your page looking for new posts. I didn't even know you made changes to your site until I saw the countless posts saying how bad the change is. Users don't like change. It doesn't matter how good something is, they always want what they are used. to.

That being said, if you've decided to get rid of RSS altogether then I guess I'm SOL. But that also means you've lost me…

274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Old Sports Format

You have me back on the old format but where are all of the posters?
    I checked all of the active games and no comments from anybody! That is all the fun, reading every ones comments. I like the old format better....But Not By My Self!!! Where is everyone???

1187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a hockey playoff bracket

I do a hockey playoff bracket pool every year on nhl.com but I lose people because they have difficulty signing in. Almost all them have a yahoo fantasy football league so they all already have a yahoo id. So you just created a simple bracket for next year's playoffs that would be amazing.

545th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Sports Redesign

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base