Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow customization to remove 'business insider' articles

Allow customization to remove 'business insider' articles. I hate articles from Business Insider. Let me remove that as a source for articles

1179th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Comment section doesn't work

I can no longer make comments, give thumbs up or reply to comments. Have I been banned for some unknown or imagined reason?

1179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3rd worst web page design on the internet ...

Nearly anything would be better than yahoo sports ... get the auto loading video off the most valuable space .. get information organized so that people can actually use it ... better yet ... just go bankrupt and let someone else do this ...

310th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. NBA Standings - Add Seeding/Rankings to the Table

When viewing the NBA standings page by conference, one should be able to immediately tell the top 8 teams in each conference. Adding numbered rankings for each team should be easy enough to add.

If possible, also add a line separator to distinguish the playoff bound teams from the lottery bound teams. See NBA.com for they way they do it:
    http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html?ls=iref:nba:gnav

I would like to add that this was always present in the old format but was somehow overlooked in this new (less effective) format. I kept waiting for this to be added after the Yahoo Sports format change but…

541st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. fix it so that all of my favorite teams will display. Also, please add college baseball.

First, I'd like to follow college baseball as well, but it doesn't appear to be an option. Second, my teams don't always display, even if they have a game. That needs to be fixed.

466th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The new page

So...Yahoo has changed the homepage and it's terrible, horrible. You can't surf through the headlines and read the abstracts. You're given one main pic and headline and can't scroll through. Terrible. Now! Now! Someone has "updated" and changed the sports pages. I went to the NCAAB and can't find how to look at the standings or go to any of the teams' sites. Why is that? It's horrible. You're given headlines down the center, the rankings to the right, and games to the left. But there's no dropdown menu to click on rankings, standings, team sites, recruiting, etc. I found…

1179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Daniel Elliot the tennis sports writer does very little to provide actual news. His piece on match fixing is unresearched trash.

Find anew sports writer that actually watches tennis and knows something about the sport, Not some guy that watches recaps and sells "hot" Stories that have very little fact for the uninformed reader. For example in his match fixing revived story, anyone who watches tennis would indeed expect Kubot and Hlavackova to win that match as they are both stronger doubles players. Its a shame he writes for controversy instead of fact.

541st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The new Rivals release is REALLY REALLY bad. Please roll it back to the old look.

I'm a huge fan of Rivals, but this new release is truly horrible. It's completely unusable. Honestly, these days some of the other sites have content just as good, so hopefully you don't squander one of Yahoo's last really good properties left. PLEASE FIX IT.

1179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please keep your rugby stats up to date!

I've just been checking the pool standings, fixtures and results for the EPRC and all your stats are from LAST season still! Get a grip, Yahoo Sports!

1179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cover more equestrian sports!

I'm an eventer, but will watch/keep up with all equestrian sports coverage! There is an audience out there, especially with the Rio Olympics coming up.

https://www.fei.org/fei/games/olympic/rio-2016 http://www.rio2016.com/en/equestrian-eventing

1179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. no one gives a **** about Johnny Manziel. stop it.

no one gives a **** about Johnny Manziel. stop it.

541st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I suggest you, for once, get your ALL SCORES link, to display all the scores!!! For YEARS, it hasn't worked properly.

I know the problem is at your end. I can get specific conference scores to pop up, no problem...usually, but if I ever want to see all the scores, it hardly ever displays! FIX IT!!! It's been YEARS and it still never works!!

1179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi, my fantasy sports trophy case is not accurate. How can it be updates to reflect my 2015 wins?

Hi, my fantasy sports trophy case is not accurate. The updates should reflect current and past trophy wins? I want to qualify for Hall of Fame but the trophy count is not correct. Why is this a continuing problem? Some of us are playing to be successful and challenge ourselves. Please update the systems to reflect these previous successes.

1179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No NFL scores on Monday? Are you kidding me?

Monday 12/28 11am EST
    Only the score of the Thursday night game is showing. Other scores show briefly and then revert to PIT @ BAL.

1179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A quarterback kneel down should not count towards loss yards

A quarterback kneel down should not count towards loss yards for rushing.

755th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop "must watch"

Stop Must Watch it's slowing down my computer

1179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PPR pro leagues

The only option for your football pro leagues is standard scoring. Have a PPR or standard scoring option.

755th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. why don't you sneak more adverts "sponsored" in between articles so we have absolutely no idea what is news or not.

Since about every 5th article has a "hook" picture and is sponsored why not make it every other one. This way you can really infuriate everyone more and ensure that we all start avoiding yahoo altogether. I'm willing to bet your traffic has been and will continue to decline. Why delay the inevitable.

1179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When trying to propose a trade, the scrollbar doesn't show up.

This is in the latest version of Chrome and IE only on a desktop. Refreshing the page eventually fixes the problem, but it is very frustrating.

1179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fantasy Hockey Scoring!

I just don't understand why in fantasy hockey you get a point for most penalty mins. I feel whoever has the least should get the point. In hockey it's frowned upon to have penalties.

1179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base