Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Sports?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Portland State University Logo

This is Andy Jobanek, Assistant Media Relations Director with the Portland State athletic department. The logo for the Portland State women's basketball team is outdated. The team page has the correct logo, which you can see here:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/college-womens-basketball/teams/

But when you click on our team page, it's the old logo:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/teams/portland-st/

One of our employees also said the old logo pops up for scores on his iPhone app. He says the old logo only pops up for the women's team. The men's team apparently has the right logo.

Can the instances of the old logo be fixed?

Best,
    Andy

1495th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Favorite Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Sortable stats in Pre-Draft Player Rankings Interface.

Add Sortable stats in "Pre-Draft Player Rankings" interface. Make the stat categories match the players custom fantasy league categories, like the "Player List" does. 5x5 stats offer little help to a 10x10 player.

1495th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be nice if you updated the nhl player positions more often.i have many centres who don’t play center anymore!

I have lots of players in nhl fantasy and they’re positions aren’t right and it’s hard to set my team. They’re are lots of players who don’t play center anymore and they’re only position is C. Be nice if schenn and batherson got RW added to them

1165th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The Yahoo add for the fantasy app covers my news feed and I am not able to close. I am not able to read over half of your sports stories.

the yahoo fantasy sports add covers stories and is not closable. I guess I will need to find a new site for sports news.

743rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. another day without ANY hockey coverage....sad sports coverage by yahoo

another day without ANY hockey coverage....sad sports coverage by yahoo

1495th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fantasy soccer world Sport

5x fantasy football champ here.in searching a soccer ⚽ fantasy league,others cant deliver a fantasy product please yahoo we need a fantasy soccer league.soccer has grown so much in the USA and is a world sport. MLS, La liga, EPL. Please

1495th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 743rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop putting video ads in stories i can't read the article you idots whats the point

I am trying to read your yahoo sports stories and you continue to put videos right in the middle of the text....what idiot decided that this was a good idea. Why bother putting print articles in yahoo sports if you just cover them up. If this is not changed I will not visit yahoo sports again...this has been going on for sometime and you refuse to listen to your readers

1495th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to make the NHL Scores my default sports on my page? How do I do this? Later then I will want to default to MLB.

I want to make NHL and/or MLB my front scores that I see when I open the page - how do I do this?

1495th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop sensationalising stories by using misleading headers

For instance, Header shows: {'He wasn't trying': Shock new conspiracy theory about Aus Open final}. Article reads "But he wasn’t even trying to run for them" - not he wasn't trying full stop. He was trying but the article said Nadal must have had an injury. Your header was wrong and misleading. And not for the first time.

1495th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fantasy Football TWO WEEK playoff Match-ups

Every other fantasy site or app offers the option to have two week playoff match-ups. In my opinion Yahoo is by far the best one to use. However, they need to had the two week playoff match-up as an option or else I will be switching to ESPN or another similar site.

1165th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The Saturday Scores and Schedules for NCAA Basketball stopped at 3:30 CST when selecting all games. Any Games after that time were missing.

The Saturday Scores and Schedules for NCAA Basketball stopped at 3:30 CST when selecting all games. Any Games after that time were missing. Please fix to show all games.

1495th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For several weeks ads on Yahoo Sports articles have been blocking the articles print. There appears to be no way to minimize the articles.

As an example, https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-winners-losers-bears-might-nfc-north-long-time-005518844.html has an ad for "Gear up for National signing day" which overlaps and blocks out two plus paragraphs of the article. I use Windows IE11, fully updated, and have no issues anywhere else but Yahoo Sports and this has been happening for several weeks with all the articles and only with the same type/style ads which are run in the same general location. This makes the articles unreadable and needs to be corrected.

1165th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 32 articles before there is anything about the NHL ???

After reading an article from MY home page about golf...there were 32 links to other sports or advertising before there was 1 link about the NHL....why is the NHL coverage and golf coverage from Yahoo sports so bad????

1495th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create Option to DISABLE AUTO DRAFT in Fantasy Football

Please create an option for a commissioner to be able to disable auto draft in Yahoo Fantasy Football leagues. It should function like this: when a manager is on the clock for their turn to draft, the manager drafting must pick a player before the allotted time runs out, and instead of the computer auto drafting the next best player, that pick for that round will remain empty and the draft will continue as normal. The end result is that all players drafted were chosen directly by each team manager without the aid of the computer. The only risk is…

1165th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. get this intrusive ad off my articles. Stop the Yahoo sports app ad. I AM NOT GETTING YOUR APP>

Get your intrusive spammy Yahoo sports app ad off my articles. I will NEVER get your SPORTS APP when you are so intrusive. NEVER

1495th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix the Sports App ad!!

Why would you put an ad for your Sports App directly over the content of an article, with no way to move or close it? It makes reading the article completely impossible! It seems like you're trying to force people to install and use the app to simply read this content--but for some of us (such as at work or public computers), installing that app is not an option. So all you're doing is forcing people to go to a competing site to read some sports news.

1165th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BLOCK DUPLICATE NICKNAMES!

Yahoo must stop duplicate nicknames/handles . . . the trolls are having a field day with copying avatars/handles and making outrageous posts pretending to be regular commentators. Flagging them does no good. Yahoo is becoming the laughing stock of sports comments boards.

1165th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1495th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Favorite Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. let me invite friends from other pools eg profootball pickem with inviting one at a time

let me invite friends from other pools eg profootball pickem with inviting one at a time

1495th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Sports Redesign

Feedback and Knowledge Base