US Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Prefer Old Yahoo E-Mail Over New

Just to let you know I experimented with the new Yahool e-mail and didn't like it. As a result I'm back on the old and enjoying it. The new version actually slowed down my computer too much and was awkward to use, to say the least. One feature of the new version that I did like was the ability to print contact lists, Can you incorporate that feature into the old version if it's not there, or tell me how to print lists, if it is there? Thanks.

23rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't delete emails

I check the box or boxes to delete emails in my inbox hit the delete button and nothing. Although sometimes it works on some and then not on others. Just cvery recent;y started doing this. Very frustrating.

59th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FIX NEED NOW!! Dates are all wrong on emails!! Year on emails is showing as 1969 the internet wasn't ever around in 1969!!

WHAT ON EATH IS GOING?? First & still, I cannot move my emails and get them to stay in the folders I put them in. NOW THIS!!! The dates on my emails are showing 12/31/1969. The internet & email wasn't even around in 1969!! PLEASE GET THESE PROBLEMS FIXED ASAP!!! THANK YOU

96th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Yahoo Mail is unusable mostly because of your **** adds that freeze everything. I cant even open or type and e-mail. Its full of nasty spam

Yahoo Mail is unusable mostly because of your **** adds that freeze everything. I cant even open or type and e-mail. Its full of nasty spam

21st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 65th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BLOCK EMAILS FEATURE

YAHOO. CAN YOU IMPROVE THE "BLOCK" EMAIL FEATURE PLEASE? IT IS NOT EFFECTIVE AND THE EMAIL SPAM CONTINUES TO COME THROUGH EVEN THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS THAT IS BLOCKED. THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING AND COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE. KINDLY, PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING "BLOCK" FEATURE REALLY WORK. THANK YOU

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 90th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How many complaints do you have to get before you fix the Yahoo email. It appears I am not the only one who has found it unusable. I have

How many complaints do you have to get before you fix the Yahoo email. It appears I am not the only one who has found it unusable. I have had this account for over 20 years but if something isn't done to stop the ads from freezing everything over and over again, I will be switching to a new platform. Do you plan to do anything about this problem or should I just go ahead and move my account?

100th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Security Alert - certificate invalid

Whenever I open my Yahoo mail account I get a Security Alert box that says "The name on the certificate is invalid or does not match the name on the account" and the item checks states "the identity of this web site on the connection cannot be validated"
    I click to close the box and it immediately pops up again effectively locking up my mail account. I am not sure but my guess is this is caused by an ad with an invalid certificate or my mail account is infected with a virus. I am about to give up on…

40th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Decrease the size of ads on the right hand corner - you recently increased and I can't read my emails because of this.

Decrease the size of ads on the right hand corner - you recently increased and I can't read my emails because of this

338th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. DIRECTIONS TO: Switch back to old mail, switch out of new mail, go back to classic mail

I finally found out how to do it. I hope this helps!
    Click on the gear top right for settings. You will see a menu with Theme, Inbox spacing, message layout, message tabs. Directly below "message tabs" is a white square that shows a link to "more settings" & under all that, in small print at the bottom is a link to "Switch to classic mail". Click on it and you'll return to classic mail.

NOTE: I had to shrink my browser window so I could see the whole settings menu and the link at the bottom.

Also, Don't click…

68th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. older emails

In both the new version and the classic version of yahoo mail, older emails are not showing up. currently, I have only one email sent to me showing up, when I know there should be many more there.

483rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. My post and date/time stamps...

Nothing regarding the two above shows...
    Whats up?

4611th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. very bad working please improve about compose emails and reply and forward emails not possible,,

very bad working please improve about compose emails and reply and forward emails not possible,,

4611th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Block Spam and Phishing Emails

Why are you not blocking spam and phishing emails? The excess amount of spam and phishing emails is the direct result of the hack of all Yahoo user accounts? Block this garbage Yahoo!!!

377th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ******* ******* YAHOO IS *********

******* ******* YAHOO IS *********

4611th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. STOP with the 'turn off less secure access' popups.

How many hundred times do I have to answer this? Your security failures are not my problem. Shut it off

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    395 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. i go to my spam mail ,, and go to block all emails ,, and i still get the same ones 3 times a week ,, how come

just stop all the spam ,, i block it every day ,, and still get the same ones ,, what is going on

216th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. deleting sent emails in recipients inbox if it is not read yet

you can make an option in which we could cancel and delete an email we sent if the recipient hasn't read it yet. so we delete the email in both places.
    like i send an email. and i realize it is wrong or etc. and i want to take it back. so if the person hasn't read it there would be an option for me to delete it for both me and her/him.
    that would be really helpful
    thank you
    zahra

2789th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. basic email won't stay!!!!!

Still trying to get the Basic Email to stay Saved, but keeps changing to new email again and again. Please fix this now!

Still trying to get the Basic Email to stay Saved, but keeps changing to new email again and again. Please fix this now!

915th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 576 577
  • Don't see your idea?

US Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base