US Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. STOP with the 'turn off less secure access' popups.

How many hundred times do I have to answer this? Your security failures are not my problem. Shut it off

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    392 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    59 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Security Alert - certificate invalid

Whenever I open my Yahoo mail account I get a Security Alert box that says "The name on the certificate is invalid or does not match the name on the account" and the item checks states "the identity of this web site on the connection cannot be validated"
    I click to close the box and it immediately pops up again effectively locking up my mail account. I am not sure but my guess is this is caused by an ad with an invalid certificate or my mail account is infected with a virus. I am about to give up on…

117th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Yahoo Mail is unusable mostly because of your **** adds that freeze everything. I cant even open or type and e-mail. Its full of nasty spam

Yahoo Mail is unusable mostly because of your **** adds that freeze everything. I cant even open or type and e-mail. Its full of nasty spam

117th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prefer Old Yahoo E-Mail Over New

Just to let you know I experimented with the new Yahool e-mail and didn't like it. As a result I'm back on the old and enjoying it. The new version actually slowed down my computer too much and was awkward to use, to say the least. One feature of the new version that I did like was the ability to print contact lists, Can you incorporate that feature into the old version if it's not there, or tell me how to print lists, if it is there? Thanks.

235th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Spam filter s the worst of any service provider. kizzybaugher@shadyladydesign.com gets pushed to my inbox. do you guys get paid for it?

Quit spamming us with your own spam. Kizzy Baugher@shadyladydesign.com and techknews.com and teckbi.com and any other address yahoo mails lets us read that is spam. How many of these do I have to block? Do you get paid for getting fake Kizzy to my inbox? how much money goes into your pockets to push this garbage.

87th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SLOW, SLOW, SLOW............FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!

It's ridiculous how slow Yahoo mail has become. time to start transferring my yahoo mail account to another provider since it appears yahoo doesn't care or listen to it's customers!

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Security Certificate Name Discrepancy Errors!!

So tired of the pop up informing me of security certificate name errors and discrepancies. It's gotten to the point I can't read or send email because of all the pop ups. I thought it was my internet service at first, but switched carriers, changed computers, and other measures to get rid of the problem, but the only place this occurs is when I'm using Yahoo!. It's become impossible to use your site for my email. If this doesn't get corrected soon, I will have to change email providers. I've been with Yahoo a long time and would hate to…

213th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BLOCK EMAILS FEATURE

YAHOO. CAN YOU IMPROVE THE "BLOCK" EMAIL FEATURE PLEASE? IT IS NOT EFFECTIVE AND THE EMAIL SPAM CONTINUES TO COME THROUGH EVEN THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS THAT IS BLOCKED. THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING AND COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE. KINDLY, PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING "BLOCK" FEATURE REALLY WORK. THANK YOU

385th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. YAHOO MAIL is run by DUMBFUX! BLOCKING SPAM only puts that **** in the BLOCK ADDRESS area... ******* dummies! BLOCK IT FROM YOUR **********

YAHOO MAIL is run by DUMBFUX! BLOCKING SPAM only puts that **** in the BLOCK ADDRESS area... ******* dummies! BLOCK IT FROM YOUR **********

1091st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disable the stupid "turn off less secure access to your inbox' warnings.

MY actions are not the reason that Yahoo got hacked in the first place - it was YOUR incompetence. I do NOT need to be 'warned' every single time I log in to my email. Disable this ignorant 'feature'.

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. DIRECTIONS TO: Switch back to old mail, switch out of new mail, go back to classic mail

I finally found out how to do it. I hope this helps!
    Click on the gear top right for settings. You will see a menu with Theme, Inbox spacing, message layout, message tabs. Directly below "message tabs" is a white square that shows a link to "more settings" & under all that, in small print at the bottom is a link to "Switch to classic mail". Click on it and you'll return to classic mail.

NOTE: I had to shrink my browser window so I could see the whole settings menu and the link at the bottom.

Also, Don't click…

704th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 49th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Blocking or attempting to block spam results in more spam than before.

Attempt to block an email in the spam folder by selecting it, then picking 'more/block' and pressing 'ok' to add their address to a block list. A week later I now have 3x as many spam emails as before. Blocking seems to indicate to a spammer that they have found a 'live' target.

334th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. bring back the old mail box format

Do not like the New mail box format

36th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop asking me if I want to upgrade to New Mail

Classic mail was the best. Simple layout, easy to navigate and to read. All of the new features that you have added make my experience worse, not better.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1647th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can't sign in to other email. Only choice is bizarre, "Add account" as if you're Gmail

What're you trying to do? I can't switch accounts. The ONLY way is to delete cookies because o/wise I get ONE UN-CHOICE, "Add account" (whatever the **** that means, other'n "sign back in to what you just signed out of"). For God's sake, Yahoo! you must sit around & dream up nonsensical **** to foist on users.

4273rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 196th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. i received a best answer for the board which took me to show an unresolved ques...this makes no sense...

my answer was not even showing which means somethins is messed up ...shrugs

4273rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 548 549
  • Don't see your idea?

US Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base