Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back the old "performance view". The latest view deleted much useful info!

Bring back the old "performance view". The latest view deleted much useful info!

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding/editing holdings to a portfolio watchlist has a very, very unclear interface for input

Please, please, please specify in the holdings overview of a portfolio watchlist being the edited *the expected currency* for the "stock price column" (USD/DKK/EUR) and also add a similar "the expected currency" indicator over the commission column!

Do allow for customization of this expected currency for each of these columns, and possibly the other columns (and future ones?), since you have users from all over the world coming to your site and it is one of your strong points (that you cover a lot of quotes/companies).

For example, I switch between five different currencies: EUR, SEK, NOK, DKK, EUR on…

86th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. THE DATE!

Its all about the DATE. I dont live in new york and your stuff is not always updated right at 5pm est. Pages showing current price for a security and especialy the time field of the watch list need to show a date, otherwise I cant tell if Im looking at todays price or yesterdays price.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You must Solve this Redirect to "Hmmm... the page you're looking for isn't here. Try searching above." to the Yahoo Home Page. This Problem

You must Solve this Redirect to "Hmmm... the page you're looking for isn't here. Try searching above." to the Yahoo Home Page. This Problem Totally hinders proper Navigation Thru Finance pages & portfolios. Many Have Complained regarding this Issue. Why Have you Failed to Fix this Problem. Hire some qualified Technical People who can come up with a solution NOW!!!!

145th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Website has become useless. Constant redirecting to wrong selected items. Advertising popups brings system to a crawl.

Website has become useless. Constant redirecting to wrong page after selecting items. Advertising popups brings system to a crawl. My Portfolio tab at top of page no longer works because if you use it the portfolio layout does not come out correctly as it did previously. I have to use recently viewed option in middle of page to get to my portfolio with the proper view layout. Fund search selection only shows top funds but no ability to do customized search as before. You have gone from the best personal finance site to a completely useless and frustrating site for…

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 168th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Options not totaling in portfolio

Ticker: CALL; when inputing options into portfolio; the value of the position is not calculated.

180th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show premarket data in watchlist

Show premarket data for Watchlist in the sidebar.

296th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't remove or delete stock alerts. In addition, the unsubscribe link in your alert email doesn't work.

Can't remove or delete stock alerts. In addition, the unsubscribe link in your alert email doesn't work.

296th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. relist the dow 30 in symbol alpha order or give the option to do that

your new yahoo finance version is pathetic..we can't even see the djia in aplha order.....under the previous yahoo finance everything in yahoo finance was simpler and more concise with alot less ads and spaces between subject matter go back to where you had it right

296th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. product stability and usabiity

I use yahoo finance daily but it's been a struggle. The portfolios function keeps breaking, either not saving the change, or failing to bring up the intended portfolio and redirect to the home page. Also the portfolio save button could be also placed at the top for convenience. Ticker reordering is not convenient.

296th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add stock to a portfilio does not work

I've tried in chrome and firefox, the button to add from the stock page does nothing at all.

Do you even test this stuff before you throw it out there for US TO TEST?

296th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why do watchlists round to the nearest million? That's insane!

What possible reason could you have for making any portfolio over $1 million round only to the nearest million. For example, $1,015,000 and $1,019,900 both display as $1.02 million. Tell me how that is useful for following your balance(s). I have begun shopping around for a different site and app in case you fools at Yahoo fail to recognize the error made in "improving" Yahoo Finance to death. Fix it, then STOP FIXING IT!

Thanks.

354th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  1 comment  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. fix the finance page so i can use it with my iPhone appalling you stink what did you do why mess with what worked.

With my iPhone everytime I log in it does not recognize me. I go round and round in a loop that asks me to get a one time password to fix the initial signin then a security page I input it all and it starts the loop all over again. Fix the problem or tell me what i need to do. There is no Help for this or contact person. I have used the Finance page for years what is going on???

354th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Accurate info needed

The number of errors in the Watchlist are unbelievable. Let's start with 2 different columns that are in my different Watchlists: 1) Short Ratio - they are calculated incorrectly and not even close to accurate. 2) Shares Outstanding - not even remotely correct or even related to the companies, not sure what it represents.

439th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. *Yahoo Finance Canada - Portfolios went missing today (Migration to new look problem?)

Hi had at least 30 custom portfolios and watch lists setup in Yahoo Finance Canada for years, and today there are only 12. What the **** happened? I have not deleted anything and today - this situation. I hope this is a temporary glitch and Yahoo Development Team is working on restoring this problem. It is a big problem for us who have used this service for years!!

I have a feeling it has to do with migration to the 'new' look Yahoo Finance.

439th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enhance watchlist download feature.

Your watchlist download feature is nice, but you need a way to download your personal data columns on the Performance tab.

439th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. *Bugs in Gain Computation if Currency Conversion present in Portfolio

I am using currency conversion in Yahoo Finance Portfolios to separate gains on stocks due to price changes of the stocks themselves and currency conversion changes.

To achieve this, I do the following:

If I buy N shares of a US stock A for XE EUR (which is XU USD at the date bought) I enter three items in the portfolio:

- Stock A with N shares for price XU USD
    - USDEUR=X with -XE shares for price XU/XE USD
    - $$CASH with XE shares

By doing that, I can see in separation the gain of the stock in USD…

439th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow us to customize font size within the app

Be able to customize font size with the WatchList app

439th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create summary screen of all portfolios

For users who have multiple portfolios, the iPhone / iPad apps have an "All lists" view which shows a summary across portfolios (sum of market value, gain, etc). This is extremely useful, but does not seem to be an available feature on normal web page. Can you please add it. Thank you.

439th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base