Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reintroduce the old Yahoo Finance API

Restore the old Yahoo Finance API.

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  176 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want my old portfolio back (classic). At least it shows me my "MinValue" so I know when to sell.

I want my old portfolio back (classic). At least it shows me my "MinValue" so I know when to sell.

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. bring back ETF/N expense ratios and fund data (its there for mutual funds) super important to investors! ;-0

bring back ETF/N expense ratios and fund data (its there for mutual funds) super important to investors! ;-0

13th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  31 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Where is the div and yield info? CHI CHW

Where is the div and yield info? i.e. CHI CHW

18th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The historical closing and adjusted prices are still wrong

historical closing and adjusted prices are still calculated incorrectly.

31st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  43 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. message board is dysfunctional relative to recent posts. reply posts are buried and not seen.

need to improve the post threading so that when replies to posts are made they show as most recent. if folks don't believe that they can be heard, then they will stop posting and eventually abandon yahoo completely.

51st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sector and SP500 estimated 5 year growth, PE etc missing - will this be added again?

Old system provide this comparison to the a stock's values, but now the column names are there bot no data/

64th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 78th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In calendar, if there are more than 400 earnings you can not display them all. For example look at

In calendar, if there are more than 400 earnings you can not display them. Offset 500 fails. For example look at 2017-04-26. It is displayed there are 922 earnings. While, if moving 100 earnings by 100 earnings you get We’re sorry, we weren’t able to find any data.
    Please try reloading the page. when we come here: http://finance.yahoo.com/calendar/earnings?from=2017-04-23&to=2017-04-29&day=2017-04-26&offset=500&size=100

101st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. It looks like everything is there , just reorganized. I preferred the old charts tho

News is in the Summary link. But it looks like this will work . I would shrink all the spaces between data . It would make for a better comparison of numbers.

103rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Historical prices data not accurate

The historical price data on-line does not match the price data in download form especially when it comes to accounting for stock splits. Let's use AAPL as an example:

7/1 Stock Split on Jun 09, 2014
    Split multiplier = 1/7 = 0.14286

All O(pen), H(igh), L(ow), C(lose) and Adjusted Close stock prices prior to 6/9/2014 for AAPL should be multiplied by the split multiplier (0.14286).

However, the AAPL on-line historical pre-split C(losing) prices have not been multiplied by the split multiplier.

Example:

Date
    6/5/14 Close = 647.35 *** should be 647.35 * 0.14286 = 92.48
    6/6/14 Close = 645.57 ***…

109th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  4 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back the analysists' Median Price Target

It appears that people at Yahoo do not understand the difference between Mean (average) and Median. In the past Yahoo calculated both the average and median price targets however the median price target is no longer calculated.

The median is more important because in some cases the distribution is highly skewed due to a few individual price targets being overly high or low.

115th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 120th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. *Bug in the interactive portfolio charts when using comparions

When using the comparison feature of the interactive charts, the percent increase/decrease numbers have started displaying "NAN" instead of numbers. "NAN" is a standard ISO acronym meaning "Not a Number". A "NAN" state occurs when performing an incorrect arithmetic operation.

127th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  8 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Trying to follow Novan, Inc. (NASDAQ:NOVN US), but Novartis (NOVN VX) news and press releases are incorrectly populating their feed.

Distinguish tickers at the exchange level to accurately sort news and press releases to appropriate companies.

127th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adjusting Historical Prices for Stock Splits

Historical prices for the ticker VTI prior to 6/18/2008 do not take into account the 2/1 stock split that occurred on that date; same for SLV 10/1 split on 7/24/2008.

Sources:
    https://pressroom.vanguard.com/news/etf_share_split.html
    http://www.resourceinvestor.com/2008/07/17/barclays-global-etfs-ishares-are-doing-splits

141st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In your "Analysts" tab, please indicate the MONTH during which the financial year for the company ends, as your prior web page used to do.

In your "Analysts" tab, please indicate the MONTH during which the financial year for the company ends, as your prior web page used to do. Many companies have financial years that do NOT end in December!

141st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Book Value and P/B are wrong for stocks listed in HKEX which report in Rmb by a factor of 7.8

Book Value and P/B are wrong for stocks listed in HKEX which report in Rmb by a factor of 7.8. Stocks whose financials are reported in Hkd seem to have correct book value and P/B.

For example China Construction Bank (CCB) 0939.HK BV and P/B are listed as 0.9 and 6.33. The correct BV and P/B should be 7.02 and 0.81.

The figures are off by factor of 7.8 (7.02/0.9=7.80). This leads me to suspect that yahoo finance accidentally converts BV to USD since USD/HKD: 7.75.

However stocks that report their financials in HKD have correct BV and P/B. Some…

141st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix the incorrect historical data and resurrect the unadjusted price column

Subsequent to Yahoo finance changes a few months back, the data at http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/OSG/history has been reduced to garbage.

Compare the historical stock prices (and volume) for Overseas Shipholding Group Inc. (OSG) on dates prior to the 2016 June 13 1:6 stock split with the data supplied by alternate sites, such as:.

http://quotes.wsj.com/OSG/historical-prices
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/osg/historical
    or even https://www.google.com/finance/historical?q=NYSE%3AOSG&ei=Hxe5V-mVJYen2Aa42rPoDA&start=30&num=30

I have a list of 30 widely-held stocks that Google is unable to provide historical data for. After this latest Yahoo experience, I appreciate that at least Google's data is correct when it does show up.

And what happened to the column of prices…

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ETF holdings data is gone

your 'holding' tab that listed ETF P/E, P/B, P/CF is gone??? how are we supposed to value ETFs???
    Also, now you can only download the top holdings in an ETF....we used to be able to get all holdings???
    the new site is worthless

141st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base