Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The new yahoo finance really suck

The interactive chart is not in proportion size as the old yahoo chat format. Can't see the date below, chat and line is too small to view. Should have all the relevant company profile, income statement, balance sheet, financial holders besides not at bottom of the chart.

Also, when adding indicator, I cannot scroll down to see the last option of this Stockastic K to change the color or line unless I delete or cancel the RSI, MOV average, Simple Moving average. It is not user friendly to navigate.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  341 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Put competitor information back in!

Put competitor information back in! Every time I visit this site it becomes less useful. I used Yahoo Finance exclusively for years and recommended it to fellow investors, because of features unique to your site. One by one you eliminate features and are focused more on advertising as evidenced by your log-in screen which is one big add. Now I use other sites more and may stop using Yahoo Finance entirely. You are making yourselves obsolete.

2nd ranked
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  114 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Your Historical dividends now suck. You only give the ex-dividend date. I want to see the ex date, date of record and the date paid out.

Your Historical dividends now suck. You only give the ex-dividend date. I want to see the ex date, date of record and the date paid out. I also do not want to have to enter the dates.

14th ranked
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • New Yahoo Finance Changes

+ Update Fin news stories - the stories I see are mostly from yesterday or older - it looks like the Industry News works, I see recent news stories over there
          + Add back the company competitor data - that was important and I don't see it anymore
          + The international index data for Asia used to have 3 indexes and now only has the Nikkei -- there are many other indexes you should add
          + This is a Bug!! Quote Lookup does not work correctly. At times I enter stock symbols and click search and nothing happens
          + In…

18th ranked
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Please - get rid of all the photos in "Latest News" - let me pick a news date

We are all looking for information. The photos in "Latest News" provide not benefit. The old format of listing "latest news" by date was GREAT!.
            I used to be able to do this:
            https://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=MON&t=2016-01-22

And then just change the date to get news on a particular date. Now I just get an endless stream of photos and pages I have to wade through.

47th ranked
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • The new Yahoo Finance doesn't have enough financial news

Last week there was a moment when the stock market dropped more than 2%. I went to my Yahoo Finance as my first place to dig into the news about what had happened in the financial sector. The problem was that after scrolling through the first 20 "news articles" there wasn't one mention of the stock market drop or what was causing it. In the past I went to Yahoo News to find this type of information easily. Since the format change there seems to be a focus on non-financial news which makes the site unusable for my purposes.

53rd ranked
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Bring Back the old version: International news coverage, less ads, percentage growth in chart

This new redesign is utter garbage. Its full of BS ads. I could go to the Yahoo Canada Finance site and see news for Canada, the US and International. Where is that now? When viewing a chart you used to be able to set a date and then view the percentage growth.Where is that? Seriously who does your market research? Why would anyone at Yahoo think its a good idea TO GET RID of features. I could go on and on ... This new site is utter garbage. Shame on your for messing up a perfectly good site and what…

73rd ranked
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • 77th ranked
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Cut to the chase...

Seems like the new "News" format is a more bulky, more fluff, more filler....Let's see "headlines" to scan thought & choose want to read.

80th ranked
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Restore Ability to Enter Multiple Stock Symbols in Search Box and obtain Quotes

Before the horrendous re-work of Finance.yahoo, one could get multiple quotes in the quote box on the right of the page. After the revision of the site that was no longer possible, but one could get multiple quotes at one time in the Search box. Now, that is not possible either. This feature is important and was somewhat unique to Yahoo. It needs to be restored as an important tool for investors.

80th ranked
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
                        Thank you for your post!

You can enter multiple stock tickers in the search bar and then select “Search Finance.” You’ll then be able to compare the multiple stocks you’ve searched for. Please let us know what’s happening when you try to perform this action.

Thank you!
                        Finance Support

• Stop reporting again and again the same news from market watch and others. I am now looking for real news elsewhere

I used to read news, now you give me the same news over and over...those are not news, is just boring publicity. I am reading other

86th ranked
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • 108th ranked
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Show more up to date news

Show more current news. The main page of Yahoo Finance used to show very current news pieces. Lately it has been showing a lot of OLD news. Why? Is it because Yahoo Finance has been cutting back due to the impending sale? I would like to know.

108th ranked
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Make It Possible To Submit Quality News Sources

The biggest problem I see with YF is news sources. Most of them are click bait and written by robots. Why can't users submit news sources. There are several out there that are providing real news, but don't show up in the feeds! If there is a process for this, it should be easier to find. Nonetheless, if there is, please advise on how the process works and I could make some suggestions of my own!

120th ranked
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • I tried the Interactive Chart. It does not have the closing quotes in a usble format. It is way too buggy. It took three tries to get the

I tried the Interactive chart. It did not have the closing quotes in a usable format. It also took three tries to get there. Way too buggy. Old format was much more useful and usable.

132nd ranked
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • outdated news stories

When clicking on Crude Oil Futures (CL=F) the most recent news story below the interactive chart is 11 months old.

132nd ranked
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • 152nd ranked
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • News date !

Looking on a stock chart and see a big move (for example AEHR on 7 of June). Would like to read the news that moved the stock but can;t find it as you write that the news date is 2 months ago (without the actual date). Trading stock is all about ACCURACY !!!!

152nd ranked
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  3 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • The Price info grid on the vertical right side is missing and not showing price when the mouse moves around. How to get the price grid back?

Can anyone assist with this problem of missing price grid info on the vertical right side ? It is annoying when Yahoo keeps changing unnecessarily.

152nd ranked
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Do not return to homepage when clicking whitespace

When reading a news story, if a user clicks the white space around the article, the article disappears (video stops playing) and the user is returned to the home page. How is this possibly the correct behavior? People have many reasons to click the white space, for example, to scroll, or just have a habit of doing it for no reason. I can't think of a single reason why that should take a user to a different resource or back to the home page. How irritating!

215th ranked
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base