Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Over the last 6 months, this page has gone from a useful resource with valuable information to a non-working nightmare.

The page is riddled with errors. The bar just below the advertisement which lists the stock indices is non-working. The right arrow doesn't work to show more. The new stack of advertisements to the right of the bar take up most of the line so only one or two indices show. The previous list of 20 or so stories is now down to 3, two of which are sponsored ads. The previous selection of videos is gone.
    The IT professional responsible for this needs new employment. Something with a broom would be good.

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 49th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New site unuseable (Windows 10, Edge browser)

Quotes don't load, page is either extremely slow to load or more often... the screen just freezes

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  1 comment  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Perhaps the biggest disaster on the new site is the World Indices section. It's totally useless. A total waste of my time to read.

Bring back the breakdown for Asian stocks, with another grouping for European stocks, and another for the Americas, where I can find Latin indices. The new version is totally useless, a complete waste of my time. A complete waste of Yahoo's time in building it!

94th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please go back to the old dispaly. This is horrible!

Please go back to the old dispaly. This is horrible!

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Financial Charts are broken

New finance charts are unusable. The is no quick way to select a date range beyond 5 days. When selecting custom range the from-date popup calendar is partially off the left side of the screen making it impossible to change months.

After playing with the browsers font size (increasing to extreme sizes) I was able to get the calendars back on the screen. However the timeline axis was not correct.

The financial graphs that yahoo had was one of the best and was the primary reason for me to visit finance.yahoo.com. The changes are so bad that the charts are…

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  1 comment  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please stop moving the video with scroll

Can you please not automatically move the main video on yahoo finance to move with the page as you scroll down. Is there a way to turn this off ? - I generally don't want to watch the video and for sure do not need it scrolling with me. - THIS IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING like typing in all caps.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enter a link to the old version. The new versio sucks in comparison.

Enter a link to the old version. The new versio sucks in comparison.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Homepage Indexes Scroll Button

The Scroll right-left button (to show other indices) does not work on the Finance homepage. It only works if you choose an index to view (S&P, Dow or Nasdaq) and then the scroll right-left button works to show the other indices. Need to fix this on the homepage.

180th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 199th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve layout on "My Portfolios" page

Using Customize View, I added columns for "Ex-Div Date" and "Div Pay Date". These columns are very wide because they include the day of the week and time of day, neither of which are useful information. Especially the time of day since they ALL show 07:00pm.

If you change "Thu, Mar 30, 2017, 07:00pm" to "Mar 30, 2017", the columns will be much narrower and can fit on the screen without having to remove other columns. At least remove the time if not the day of the week. Thanks.

251st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 296th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please prevent the videos and moving ads before the page completes loading. You have made Yahoo Finance unusable on my Samsung Tablet.

Can you stop the large video and "moving" ads before the page finishes loading? These and the length of the page have made it unusable on my Samsung Galaxy tablet. I want to get to my portfolios and have to wait more that 5 minutes for the page to settle and let me select the portfolios link.

296th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. not working correctly with IE 10

IE 10 menu bar becomes disabled when historical data is downloaded from Yahoo. Can't find downloaded file anyplace.

354th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give us the option to disable images on home page - performance is terrible

I don't want to see all those images on the home page. Give us the option to remove them. CNBC did something similar on their new home page.

354th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. bring back major indices to home page and in useful chart size

homepage is missing major european indices like DAX and CAC.

thumbnail charts at the top of the homepage are too small to be useful.

stop telling people that they can click on a thumbnailchart/symbol to get a beautiful and personalized chart. we all know that. we want to get the main information right on the spot.

354th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Actual GAAP earnings not non-GAAP

Was just checking the actual vs. estimate earnings shown in the chart on the upper right when you pull up a stock. Why does Yahoo show non-GAAP earnings? It is colossally misleading.

Take ABCO. If you look at the info presented, it looks as if the company is making $0.40-$0.50 per quarter and as though the company has made close to $1.40 or so over the past year. But it hasn't. The actual quarterly net income hasn't exceeded $0.25 per share in any of the last 4 quarters and over the past year, the company has shown a large GAAP…

354th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Latest update changes home page so that one has to scroll down to find access to portfolios making an extra, unnecessary inconvenience.

Inconvenient to access portfolios with new home page. Why the added difficulty? I find it very curious at the totally misdirected effort to pretty up the stock quote page while neglecting the flaws in functionality of the options software. Still doesn't recognize how many contracts I have in my portfolio and gives quotes and daily gains fron action days or weeks ago. My ISRG calls have been showing the same gain for over a week even though the price has not changed nor the option even traded for a week. This is just plain wrong! Problem has existed for months.…

354th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. bring back recent quotes

PLEASE bring back the "recent quotes" display on the home page. That is what one often looks at right after the S&P and Dow to see how the market is doing. WHY ON EARTH DID SOMEONE DECIDE TO ELIMINATE IT???

296th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base