Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Portfolio Backtesting

A little known feature for Google Finance was that if you clicked into a portfolio, it automatically generated a historical price chart for the portfolio based on an equal weighted investment in each of the securities in the list. You could compare it to major indexes as well. Would be a really nice feature to add to the watchlists.

117th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 426th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 426th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 804th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 426th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. market value

Add currency indication to Market Value column?

Hi, In the Performance tab, I noticed that the Market Value column was often wrong, but then I realized this was because I use Canadian Dollars and these were US stocks. I noticed that the portfolio value total at the top of the page says CA $ to denote Canadian Dollars, but the Market Value and other columns do not say "CA $", but do in fact seem to calculate in terms of Canadian Dollars. I think it would be less ambiguous if the columns specified which currency they're in, or if there…

265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. yahoo finance sell

Feature request: ability to track sold stocks in portfolio. I'm tracking holdings but when I sell a stock I'd like to see that gain/loss reflected in my overall portfolio value. It would be nice to have a cash position as well but that's not as urgent for me.

13th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Could you add "next earnings date" as column in the Portfolios?

Add "next earnings date" as column in the Portfolio section.

146th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Put all news for all stocks in all portfolios on Finance Home page

I want to be able to see all the news for all of my stocks in all of my portfolios on the finance home page. Currently, I have to click on each portfolio to see the news on my stocks. The news should all be in one place.

187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In portfolio show if market is open or closed

In my portfolio it would be nice if it was possible to add a column showing if the exchange is currently open or not. This could just be an icon showing open/closed. It seems like this is currently not visible, I can only add the market time or exchange name.

Alternatively this can be done by showing price/value changes with a gray colour instead of red/green. Looks like this is how it works on your iOS-app. This gives me a quick overview of live data and portfolio changes today. Currently the web portfolio version shows red/green changes for data from…

265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 426th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. articles in order by time

Your articles follow no order, neither by topic, or time or video vs text. Please put articles in order by time with the newest at the top. When reading news I am not interested in 2 day old news above current now news unless I want to go back that far. How is it useful to readers to see such old news - particularly when we are dealing with the subject of stocks and markets.

265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each lot.

Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each individual lot.

95th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. index components

hi
    the old yahoo finance had index components for all major indexes ..
    the "top 30 components" is not a useful feature at all ..
    please if you can add the feature to see all index stock components that would be great

146th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Making the "Export" feature to download the contents of your "New View"

I like being able to download some of the featured statistics of the stocks in my portfolio. Unfortunately, the current "Export" feature downloads the preset contents only, regardless how many New Views you might have.

I would like to request that the Export download the contents of your "New View." The current preset contents is way too basic and limited.

Thank you.

67th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Y axis needs to span from 0

A chart is a graphical representation of data. To accurately represent the data the Y axis needs to span from 0 (the minimum possible price) to the maximum stock price within the time period presented. Apparently no one in the financial industry understands this simple fact.

426th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base