Finance

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo Finance is operated by Verizon Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verizon. Yahoo, Yahoo Finance and all Verizon Media brands are part of the Verizon family of companies.

OUR TEAM
Alex Wallace: Head of Media and Content for Verizon Media
Andy Serwer: Editor-in-Chief
Sam Ro: Managing Editor

SHARE FEEDBACK
Note: This forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Making the "Export" feature to download the contents of your "New View"

I like being able to download some of the featured statistics of the stocks in my portfolio. Unfortunately, the current "Export" feature downloads the preset contents only, regardless how many New Views you might have.

I would like to request that the Export download the contents of your "New View." The current preset contents is way too basic and limited.

Thank you.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. international Customers

Allow International customers to buy/purchase Yahoo Premium, as of today if your address is not in the US there is no way to enter the "State" part of the address requirement. Perhaps an option to enter first the Country and then the State would fix this limitation.

83rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Night Mode

Please provide a night mode black background screen for both desktop and mobile Yahoo Finance.

83rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Annualized gain by percentage

There used to be a tab option telling the annualized % gain.It's hard to remember when I bought a stock to figure the annualized gain. Please bring it back.

83rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Percent of portfolio for each holding

PLEASE just put a % or portfolio option so I can see the weighting of each stock. It's not that hard. You know the portfolio TMV, so it's just a super easy calculation. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I'm constantly asking myself, what percent is that of the total MV of this portfolio.

83rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. change the msg boards

Change the finance msg boards so hat the "Top reactions" show the ones with the most replies and the "Newest reactions" show the newest "message" whether or not it's a "reaction'.

Better yet, take the message board back to the format that existed 3 years ago!!!!!!!

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Price alerts for non US stocks

I'd like to request for the price alert feature for non-US stocks as well.

95th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. total cost basis column in portfolio

In portfolio "edit view" columns, there is no column to denote the total cost basis of the transaction. You only have cost basis (which is per share purchase price). It would be good to see total stock purchase value.

95th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. dividend shown in charts

it would be helpful to indicate in the charts, the dividends (ex-div date and value)

95th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include dividend payments into 'my portfolio'

Include dividends as a cash line on the 'my portfolio' page. Right now the dividends are not included and 'my portfolio' does not agree with reality. Include the ability to record purchases from dividend cash, or sell back to cash.

95th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 300th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 300th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 492nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cash tracking

While the portfolio function allows $$cash to be added, it doesn't track the movement of cash. Can you add a functionality so that the cash balance changes with every purchase/sale of the stocks in the portfolio? This will allow me to have a more comprehensive view of my portfolio, i.e. how much is invested and how much is in cash (can be invested).

95th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get those "premium" offers off my site, I can't get to the views I need.

Get those "premium" offers off my site, I can't get to the views I need. I tried to delete them, but that didn't work.

117th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. filter news

Is there a way to control the sources of news headlines (like filtering out Zacks, which just spams the news feed with uneducated attempts at stock reports)?

138th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Move investment to other portfolio

Some of us have multiple portfolios to help us sort our investments. Sometimes an investment from one portfolio qualifies to be moved to a different one. How about a means to move it, complete with history, from one portfolio to another?

117th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a simple means to move a stock from one portfolio to another.

Currently, to move a stock between portfolios, one has to copy all the stock data by hand from the 'old' portfolio into the 'new' portfolio, then go back and delete that stock from the 'old' portfolio. This seems silly, when a simple 'move to' option could do that, if it were available.

117th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add time and date on Yahoo finanace videos

Post date and time on Yahoo finance video. Most of the time it is unclear if video info is recent or old news.

117th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each lot.

Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each individual lot.

117th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base