Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. data error symbol JMIIX

For symbol JMIIX, the December 2014 dividend was erroneously entered twice, making the adjusted prices incorrect.

262nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MyPortfolios editing

MyPortfolios ... when selecting multiple symbols for a large portfolio (e.g. 200+ tickers), and then 'Delete Symbols' ... the pop-up box is too large to display the OK or Confirm or Cancel buttons.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Insider transactions for CenturyLink (CTL)

Why do you no longer show the date of insider transactions for CenturyLink (CTL) insiders? I noticed that you provide them for other companies, but you stopped about a year ago for CTL.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. China stocks wrong daily move

Yahoo finance wrongly shows Shenzhen and Shanghai markets are closed when the markets are in fact open. This results in the daily % price change being reported for Shenzhen and Shanghai listed stocks being wrong. Please can you fix? thx

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Missing Data

Hi,
    Some tickers on ASX are showing incomplete or completely missing historical data:
    VEU.AX, VTS.AX (since 13 Sep 2018)
    RBTZ.AX (no data at all)
    VCX.AX (since 15 Oct 2018)
    Could you look into why please?

(I posted this a while back but no updates yet, is there any progress?)

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Hi – we are aware of the issue with the .AX historical data and our engineers are working to resolve the problem.

Thank you!
    Yahoo Finance

6. Yahoo Finance Historical Data is not updating stock prices for Mainland Chinese stocks eg. 000858.SZ, 600114.SS etc.

Yahoo Finance Historical Data is not updating stock prices for Mainland Chinese stocks eg. 000858.SZ, 600114.SS etc. Latest available date is only up to Feb 14, 2019.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. johannesburg data

Can you fix the Johannesburg Stock (.JO) exchange data. Up to 12 September 2018 you are showing the price in Rands, but on 13 September 2018, you started showing the price in cents which means the chart has jumped by 100 x. You need to multiply all historical prices by 100 prior to 13 September 2018 to correct it. At the moment it is not possible to view charts correctly.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Thanks for your post!

Our Engineers have been notified and are actively working on addressing this issue with the .JO historical data.

Have a great day!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

8. It's 9:22 AM and there are no premarket quotes on any of my portfolios.

It's 9:22 AM and there are no premarket quotes on any of my portfolios.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Update Localiza's (RENT3) total share number after follow on

Please update Localiza (RENT3) total shares after the follow on. The market cap that you are showing is wrong.
    We hope that you can adjust quickly.
    Regards,

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unable to edit portfolio data

I have five portfolios. I can click on "Portfolios" and obtain the balances in each. When I select one of them to maintain balances, the screen goes blank and says something like "Cannot obtain your portfolio at this time. You might try to refresh the page" . Refreshing the page is not successful.
    Thank you

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Pasting" data has a bug.

"Pasting" data has a bug.

In the "My Holdings View" of a portfolio, if you"paste" in the number of share held - results just go to zero.
    If you key in the number - it works fine.
    Please fix so I can copy and paste data into my portfolio, as I used to do.

PS - the up and down options in the cells are sort of a waste. They only allow you to increment or decrement in whole numbers, not any fractions or values below 1. Most people get share dividends that include fractions, and as a result, share…

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Total gain (%) of sold stocks is incorrect

I've bought 300 stocks at $20.80 (total = $6,240); and sold (-300) at $23.60 (total = $7,080).
    The total gain was $840, which is correctly indicated in my portfolio.
    However, the %Total gain indicated is 6.31% instead of 13.46%. It seems that you are dividing the Total Gain ($840) by the sum of the buying ($6,240) and the selling ($7,080) amounts, while the gain should be relative to the investment amount only ($6,240).

Let me know if the information is unclear of there is a better way to incorporate gains to portfolio.

Thank you.

76th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. please check the conversations for tenaris. they are all about tesla not tenaris. someone on your staff is an idiot.

please have someone check the conversations for tenaris. they are all about tesla not tenaris. you are doing a disservice to tenaris shareholders and those wishing to converse with other interested parties. thank you

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. mute

Mute button in conversations doesn't work. I have to mute every post for a user to be rid of their posts and the next time I login there are more posts. On some stock conversations there are users posting things that have nothing to do with the stock. I try muting and I try reporting abuse, but these posters persist.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don't display portfolio stocks in Recently Viewed

I have two portfolios, after tax and IRA. When I do my daily analysis, I notice that my looking into those stocks will displace potentially interesting stocks I had in the Recently Viewed listing. I understand I can add my interest into the Watchlist but that can get overly crowded and if my given attention span on a given stock may only be for a couple of days, I would hope a shortcut would still exist in my Recently viewed. Besides, if a stock is already listed in either my Watchlist OR Portfolios, why replicate those items under Recently Viewed? …

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. when looking at options for a particular

in Stock quotes, when I click on Options, I can now only see "in the money" Options. I cant seem to change it to show "all"Options.

By default it always has shown "all" Options.

please help to restore. thx

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I'd like to see more discussion around the Russell Two Thousand in your original programming.

Include the Russell Two Thousand more frequently in your original programming (Market Movers, Midday Movers, Final Round) when discussing indexes. There are a lot of people that trade the Russell.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Balance Sheet

Change Net Tangible Assets to Net Intangible Assets
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    On the balance sheet under equity where "Net Tangible Assets" is listed to subtract intangible assets from equity.

I believe it should say "Net Intangible Assets".

Thanks, I Yahoo finance is incredibly helpful!

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unable to delete a portfolio

Responding to Product Support Admin to my previous post:
    http://email.feedback-poweredby.uservoice.com/c/eJyFUElqxDAQfI1986BWa7EOPgyE-YZpbbaIRxpkOZDfRySnOQX6UNQG1X7hDCSNaZEWJfOA5C3EFTiRQ-YYuCDAADo9CHadoX6V5MLNlee49wwoFolZy1CDNxCxl0jpjWRggY3Hsrf2Oge8D_zR75v2Um5vNZ2NpV7PswOcudF6iilTdqET57Vt4Wyp5F9ZKG24mKcrkz3C1MrkwxFamGh6ldpiOVIZ8NEquc-Ut9UVHwb8cJ6U0miFmDEGJWdjFAUQWjCHPLLxLbD8a69LXRtlX3L_yd-kPuQHcbRmxQ

... as comments were closed.

The article cited to use the latest browser version, disabling add-ons, ensuring javascript is enabled etc.; these efforts have not worked.

I made another significant observation. The "delete portfolio" item in Settings is missing only in the most recent portfolio I created. The name of this portfolio is "Newest". The "delete portfolio" item is present, however, in all of my old portfolios. It's just that I had not noticed it, as I had no reason to delete the old portfolios.

The same observation has been…

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Request to fix Chart Text Errors - Santiago Stock Exchange

1. Time marker is wrong : Chile Santiago Stock Exchange
    If you enter following link with IE 11, the chart marker which indicates time, is wrong.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/sk.sn

In the 1D chart, the time marker texts as follows.
    01 AM, 03 AM, 05 AM,

But if you place mouse pointer on the chart line, you will see it is not 01 AM, 03 AM, 05 AM, but it is 01 PM, 03 PM, 05 PM.

Chart display shows faults when it is browsed in Microsoft Internet Explorer 11. Sometimes charting function is malfunctioning in IE 11, such as omitting chart, "No…

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base