Skip to content

Finance

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo Finance is operated by Yahoo Inc. In 2021, Apollo Global Management, Inc. (NYSE: APO) acquired Yahoo (formerly Verizon Media, itself formerly known as Oath) from Verizon. Yahoo operates as a standalone company under Apollo.

SHARE FEEDBACK
Note: This forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4974 results found

1. Ticker Search Field

Recently, whenever I first type in a symbol into the ticker search field and hit "enter", it seems to always pull up the wrong company. I need to again type the symbol slowly to make sure the site finds the symbol before I hit enter. It seems the site is too slow to "lookup" the symbol in the suggested tickers that show below the search field, so even though I type the full, correct symbol that I want to view, the "suggested search" options that show haven't caught up to my typing. It's just a big annoyance that is somewhat…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Forums suck

Posts a deleted for no reasons, cant have simple conversations on a forum, yahoo *********************

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Linking tickers in ETF "holdings" to their stock

Hey guys,

When reviewing the holdings of an ETF you can usually see a list of stocks and their corresponding tickers.
    I think that making these tickers clickable can be super beneficial and will make the app's usage much slicker.

Thanks.

Lior

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tooltip for new investors

Hey guys,

I'm a product manager in a tech company and an investor in the market for some time now.

I would like to suggest the following:

Add tooltip to each financial number within the system, explaining to novices what it means.
    Example:
    P/E Ratio will have a tooltip such as: the ratio of a company's share price to the company's earnings per share.

You can also include a "learn more" link within the tooltip.

I think that many novice investors will benefit a lot from this very easy to implement feature.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Wipe out 4 columns at 9:29 EDT

Because of the stocks that are posted with a 15 min delay, confusions would be avoided if "change", "change %","volume", and "day chart" was wiped out just before the market opens so that between 9:30 and 9:45 we would know that it's not YESTERDAY'S quote.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. filter description

Including description for every filter. What it means each one.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 52-week High and Low reversed

The 52-week High and Low numbers are reversed in my portfolio. The larger number is in the column titled Low. Can you please fix that?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Italy and France historical data export shows yesterday (2019-05-29) values. Why?

Italy and France historical data export shows yesterday (2019-05-29) values. Why?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sun Life Excel India Fund

As of Aug 18, 2018 Excel India Fund (Your symbol : EXCELINDE.TO) was converted to Sun Life Excel India Fund. Excel India Fund (Your symbol : EXCELINDE.TO) continued to be tracked up to Dec. 20 even though the fund no longer exists. There is STILL no authentic symbol for Sun Life Excel India Fund in your system over 6 months after the fund conversion.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When I sign into yahoo finance all my portfolios are blank, but I do see total amounts

When I sign into yahoo finance all my portfolios are blank, but I do see total amounts for the portfolio. I see all my holdings on the mobile app, but not on the desktop site.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Date of stock price entry, only "TIME" is not sufficient to recognize if pricing is current, premarket or post market

Date of stock price entry, "TIME" only, is not sufficient to recognize if pricing is current, pre-market or post-market when viewing during inactive market.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. portfolio repair

would like dividend/ share column returned.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. nifty

Nifty 50 index is displaying incorrect data on the 5-min candle chart...

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/chart/%5ENSEI#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%3D

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add a Pitroski F-Score to the stock screener

Hi,
    I'm using this portal for a long time and has been very helpful for collecting historical data for my finance projects. I request from the bottom of my heart - Please add the Pitroski F-Score to the stock screener. It will be of great help to the users. Waiting asap.
    Many Thanks in Advance
    J S Abhishek

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. div/share column does not show numbers; all symbols report 0.00 div/share.

div/share column does not show numbers; all symbols report 0.00 div/share.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add Mini Chart for 1,3 & 6 months and one year in Portfolio View

Add Mini Chart for 1 & 3 months and one year in Portfolio View.
    My Portfolio can chart it for 1 day, it should able to display mini chart for 1, 3, 6 months and a year. Thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. BUG FOUND: Monthly dividends vs daily

1) Test download PIMIX data, using a very early start date and today for end date (I use 1/1/1900 and the URL converts). Dividend only, frequency = 1mo. Download data as .csv. You will NOT get most of 2018 dividends (the last 7 months). Now change frequency to 1d. Download again. Open both in excel and compare. Daily will show ALL dividends. You have a bug in your selection me thinks.
    2) When doing dividends on your webpage, they are sorted by date. When doing a download, they are not, which requires a secondary sort (macro in my case) in…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. portfolio totals are in error

portfolio totals are in error

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Portfolios call option description

Up until yesterday(4/10/2019) my portfolio views were fine.
    I write call options and beginning yesterday my portfolios did show the proper call option description. The portfolio only shows the underlying stock symbol for each option indicated. AS I previously said, this began yesterday and continues today.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base