Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preserve the most recent Portfolio SORT setting

I've got a lot of large portfolios defined and like to sort them and then systematically analyze each stock in the list from top to bottom. Because the Web Browser based app does not preserve the most recent SORT setting, I have to resort every time and then scroll down to find the next stock in the list. This is a huge time waster. Preserving the most recent Portfolio SORT setting would solve this problem.

APPLIES TO: Web Browser application
    DOES NOT APPLY TO: iPad application, iPhone application

418th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Your Export Tool is Total Garbage!!!!!

My God Yahoo Finance!! Your Export Tool is absolutely Total Garage!! Quit replying to everyone to refer to some BS page somewhere and just fix the **** thing already!! Gosh!!

That has to be embarrassing to be masquerading as a Financial site and you can't even have a reliable tool to export pricing information.

If you want us to use your products, you have to give us something that works for crying out loud!!

Please fix it. Don't send us to some page......just FIX THE **** TOOL!! PLEASE!!!

784th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Start videos with audio.

Why silent videos? What is the purpose? Have to turn audio ON every time? Give us an option to set that please. At least start it ON.

784th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Filter/remove holdings in brokerage linked portfolio and allow renaming

It would be great if I could filter/remove a specific holding in my brokerage linked portfolio. There are certain holdings (such as core/sweep positions) that do not show correctly, and therefore either break the interface or make aggregates inaccurate.

It would also be great if I could rename a linked portfolio. The auto generated name is not comprehensible, and my brokerage shows two different accounts with the same name.

Thanks!

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Warsaw Stock Exchange

Warsaw Stock Exchange is not listed as a data provider on Yahoo Finance: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/exchanges-data-providers-yahoo-finance-sln2310.html

Yet there is a possibility to get those data from APIs: https://www.gpw.pl/dane-rynkowe (page in Polish language only).

It would be great to have this on Yahoo Finance.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Manually enter the exact location / value of a horizontal line - so you do NOT need to fuzz positioning with the mouse.

Manually enter the exact location / value of a horizontal line - so you do NOT need to fuzz positioning with the mouse.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to download Options History

Can you provide the ability to import Options data like you are able to do with Historical Data for daily trade?

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notes field not available in app

It would be very helpful to the Finance App if the Notes field from the Finance website were available.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Horizontal scroll bar needs to remain visible at the top or bottom of the page as you scroll vertically down the page of a portfolio.

When scrolling down the page of a larger portfolio, you have no way to scroll horizontally (left or right) to see other columns of data.

The Horizontal scroll bar (at the bottom) should remain visible just like the Vertical scroll bar on the right edge of the screen as you go down the page to improve navigation while viewing parts of the portfolio which may be out of view of various size screens in use by end users.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Complement

Not an idea. Just wanted to congratulate you. Today was the first day in my long relationship with Yahoo Finance that my portfolios were perfect. It's been a long haul, but you've made it. Tee hee.
    I don't understand the reason for another sign in as I already am signed in.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Trendlines

It doesn't make any sense that the standalone Yahoo! Finance app includes a respectable full screen technical analysis package but excludes such a basic fundamental tool as the ability to draw trendlines. By contrast, UK Yahoo! includes the technical analysis package which includes the ability to draw trendlines but you are not able to work in full screen mode. Including the ability to draw trendlines in the Finance app would surely add value.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Columns that are functions of other columns

Allow for columns in portfolios that are functions of other columns, like current stock price as a percentage of my target buy price (i want to see as stocks move down towards my buy price)

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back the percentage change in percentages (%) of the index’s and not just the point change(s)

Bring back the percentage change in percentages (%) of the index’s and not just the point change(s)

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. palm oil futures

Can you please add "USD Malaysian Crude Palm Oil Calendar Futures" from CBOT to the Yahoo Finance Commodities futures list?

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Holdings are now in a single row instead of the three rows on ipad

I used to be able to view my list of holdings in basic mode as three rows, now I have to see them in one row and scroll down. If this feature is not changed I will not continue to us it.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Real-Time TSX Stock Prices

Please include real-time stock prices for the TSX (Canadian). I know you've recently done so for the US indexes, and translating that over to the TSX would be absolutely amazing!

784th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add the ability to set alerts by percentage

A great feature would be if we can set alerts when a stokc goes up or down by a set percentage. We will be alerted that it has gone up or down by the percentage ammount we set. Thanks!!

784th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For futures data, please add more next month symbols

Hi,
    For crude oil, you have now only the 1 near futures data, CL=f,
    1) Can you add some more?
    CL=F2 (For next 2 months future)CL=f3, CL=f12 (for the next year future data), CL=f24.
    2) Can you do it for other instruments, such as Gold, Silver, ...Foreign indexes, Foreign currencies, etc'?

784th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Editing the view of the stock portfolio list with more valuation data. When one is editing the view of his stock portfolio list. Is it possi

Editing the view of the stock portfolio list with more valuation data.
    When one is editing the view of his stock portfolio list. Is it possible to allow the addition data: such as Altman Z score.and Rorac? You do have that data on stock screener

784th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base