Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the portfolios you are igiots again and again and again. It's time to socialize the problem with YAHOO

portfolio on home screen is screwed up and has been for a month now. put it back to the way it was. maybe google finance and a social note will help.

YAHOO changes things without testing and never lets customers know this is terrible IT processing. FIX IT!!!!!!

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You've once again screwed up the portfolio view, forcing me to click to get the performance order I had. I'll quit Yahoo if you don't fix.

You've once again screwed up the portfolio view, forcing me to click to get the performance order I had. I'll quit Yahoo if you don't fix.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drop Forbes News

Just take a look at Forbes news on AAPL. Every single article is ridiculously negative because Forbes just uses his media arm to pursue his agenda. Please stop including news sources like this. You could also afford to ditch Motley Fool and Seeking Alpha, they are just average joes pretending to be financial analysts. Get better sources, CNBC is a good one that you have. Even if it means less news, that's better than news. Also stop doing the really stupid, two links to get to a news article , that's ****, and don't think it won't make us run…

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get rid of the buy or sell buttons

Get rid of the buy or sell buttons. Whose stupid idea was this? Who in their right minds would use this feature?

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stock data is wrong - has Yahoo been hacked?

Can you explain why my stock portfolio content was changed/restored to what appears to be about 36 months ago?

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We don't need Jim Cramer

When I go to the yahoo finance homepage,a majority of the articles are about Jim Cramer's picks and recommendations. Why? He has very little credibility and yahoo's reputation suffers from his association. Can we have serious articles by proven experts? Is yahoo getting paid to promote his content?

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. fidelity mutual funds previous close

Take a look at FSDAX https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/FSDAX the summary lists the previous close as 17.98300171 when it was 179.83. This throws off all the days gain stats in portfolios. I see the same with FCNTX. Today is June 11

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. get rid of the apply button

If I enter something why do you not assume I want to apply it.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Real time price data

Adding real time data and market depth (level 2) as well as studies or indicators would optimize the Finance Page experience.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Where are my portfolios? ALL of the portfolios in my account are GONE

I have at least a half dozen portfolios and a watchlist, and they're all completely GONE.

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. POST A NEW IDEA

I would like to see something of the order of"seekingalpha.com" with the improvement over "seekingalpha' of TOPICS(Subjects)(M&A,stock buybacks,spin-offs)

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. IXJ price has not been adjusted for stock split three weeks ago.

Title is self-explanatory. IXJ historical "adjusted price data" has not been adjusted for the stock split of three weeks ago. This is true also on the Excel extract of historical information.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. missing data

historical data of yesterday don`t appear in anything.

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Historical data incorrect by 2 decimal places, feeds into charts?

I've been trying to work out why historical charts I look at (5 days or more history) have very smooth lines.

I think it's because, for a lot of stocks, the historical data is saved with the decimal place in the wrong place. e.g. MNKS.L

Date Open High Low Close* Adj. close** Volume
    24 May 2018 826.38 830.00 821.00 821.00 821.00 258,384
    23 May 2018 8.30 8.35 8.24 8.24 8.24 264,398
    22 May 2018 8.06 8.06 8.06 8.06 8.06 -
    21 May 2018 8.04 8.04 8.04 8.04 8.04 -
    18 May 2018 7.96 7.96 7.96 7.96 7.96 -
    17 May…

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Consistency within Apple Stock App

I work with a Company whose news feed in the Apple Stock App is inconsistent across countries. News being picked up and posted downstream by Yahoo (both US & UK sites) are only being picked up on US iPhones and not UK iPhones. Even when the US Phones are being in the US, the stories are being picked up. Please find a way to fix this bug.

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CAT SYMBOL DOES NOT WORK - CATERPILLAR

CAT Symbol look-up does not work. 05/22/18 19:00
    Message = Symbol not found.
    Caterpillar look-up produces no results.

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dear Yahoo Finance, You can improve by being up to date. Example: I've been paid dividens by KEP every year including this year. Site dated.

Your data has not been updated. Example: I have been paid dividends every year including 2018. You show the last dividend being paid in 2015.

You continue to put people on the site that deliberately provide false information: The Street and the greedy idiot that started it and Zachs. You do provide good services, too. Example: the Warren Buffett annual meeting. Please get rid of the greedy creeps who promote stocks and then admit to shorting that stock as soon as their readers buy it--like the creep who started The Street. This is a great disservice to all but especially…

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix buggy historical data pages

Bugs I ran into today:

Tried to enter valid date range in Chrome. It tells me that the start date must be prior to the end date. I cancel, open it up again; it comes up with the previous dates in the boxes--but this time it accepts them. This is repeatable and in fact I need to do this every time I look at historical stock data.

Entered date range from 1/1/2017 to 12/31/2017 and asked to see dividends; it shows me one dividend inside the data range and two dividends outside it (i.e., from 2018). I don't trust that…

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base